Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I think back to the 70s when I was a kid and my grandparents seemed positively ancient at that time. Now I realize I'm almost the same age as they were then, it's fairly mind blowing. They were happier it seems like, just basic life enjoying themselves. No bullshit politics, end of the world type schit never entered their minds. I'm convinced people were happier 50 years ago in general.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I think back to the 70s when I was a kid and my grandparents seemed positively ancient at that time. Now I realize I'm almost the same age as they were then, it's fairly mind blowing. They were happier it seems like, just basic life enjoying themselves. No bullshit politics, end of the world type schit never entered their minds. I'm convinced people were happier 50 years ago in general.
That’s how I remember it.

The only crisis my grandfather used to fuss about was running out of Gulden’s spicy brown mustard for his knockwurst.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Embrace being invisible. Being invisible is one of the few benefits of old age. Some old people don't like being invisible. But they're the ones who have yet to realize what being visible is going to entail in the near future.

Invisible,....live your life.

Visible,....off to the gulag with ya.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
It’s not just that

There’s 70 year olds on here never heard of Foghat

There’s 50 year olds on here never heard of Peter Frampton.

Utterly stunning

Anne Murray is the root cause of this.

And there’s people on here that claim they’ve never stepped foot in a Walmart or ate at a McDonald’s.
They must walk around with their head in their rear.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
That’s how I remember it.

The only crisis my grandfather used to fuss about was running out of Gulden’s spicy brown mustard for his knockwurst.
Love spicy brown mustard, I get the Walmart great value stuff. It's excellent. Packs just enough punch.

IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
You know you are getting old when you can't trust a fart.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ROMAC
Like that meme says: Its' kind of sobering to realize that the same amount of years are between 1970 and 1918 as there are between 1970 and 2022.

A lot of people just don't get what it was like growing up in the 60's and 70's.
That is very sobering, indeed. I'd never thought about it like that.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Huncho
You know you are getting old when you can't trust a fart.

Years ago when my son was still in college I was out with him and a few of his friends (insert "sponsor" here).
One of the young men asked if I could share some wisdom from my past experiences.
I told them, "from now until you turn 50, never waste a hard on, and after 50 - never trust a fart."

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RipSnort
I had a similar experience this past Thursday with my wife's 20 year old granddaughter and her boyfriend. Blank stares. Crickets. I realize the perception problem is mine (I should understand their extremely limited frame of reference.) but still it is a strange thing.

RS

The sad thing is they are completely oblivious of their limited frame of reference. Most of the younguns seem to think time and history began the moment they became self aware.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by hanco
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I remembering watching Car 54 where are you on our black and white TV that only got 3 channels

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can remember when we got our third channel. We had CBS and NBC originally, then got ABC. About in 1956 or 1957, if I remember correctly. It took a while for ABC to catch on.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lastround
I can remember when we got our third channel. We had CBS and NBC originally, then got ABC. About in 1956 or 1957, if I remember correctly. It took a while for ABC to catch on.

Nothing but Network TV back then.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

357 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 16penny, 10ring1, 257_X_50, 52 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.