Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
There was one guy there that was laying flat on his back in a folding lawn chair covered up with a blanket sellin schitt... WTF?
I went by him several times figuring he was about to check out and maybe they would have a fire sale, but no dice....

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
GunShow today in central FL.....

unloaded a Savage 24C, Camper

and picked up this..... Ruger 77, 30-06, 1971 issue.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Muffin; 08/13/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by renegade50
Driving observations

We all know 75 to 80 is passing lane traveling speed.
Then ya got the azzholes speeding up in the right lane trying to squeeze thru traffic
Then ya got the 70 mph types for miles on end in the passing lane holding up traffic.
Then ya got the totally aloof not even aware of flow or traffic beyond 100yds yet alone up to a mile away.
Then ya got the dipschit tail gating 1 to 2 car lengths behind you when you are pacing traffic ahead of you by at least 1 car length per each 10 mph of speed

I musta got ahead of about 8 to 9 each way of the various types going to and coming back

Homie believes in extended 10 to 15 sec window washing sessions when he gets about 25 to 30 yds in front of em after passing em in the fast then getting in the right.

Then its is back to 75 or 80 on my way.
Couple times got the same nimrod twice before they learned to back the fugg off or got more corrective window washing.

Then up around exit 19 on 24.

Traffic is backed the fugg up in the right lane.
I come up on this from about 1/2 mile away
Everyone is doing 72 .
No one passing
So I run up past them all doing 75

Sure as fugg
A Coopertown pecker cop playing the I got the power game.
Got his left arm out the window.
All cool guy and being a dick to traffic on their little Coopertown bosshawg 3 mile section of 24

Right along side of him
He looks at me, I look at him
Point to my speedo.
Look back at him, he turns his head real like he didnt see me and schit.
You are allowed to go over the limit 5 to 7 mph to pass.

I pass him doing 74 75 then signal and pull into right lane ahead of him about 50 yd then slow down to his 72 and about 25 30 yds in front of him

Gave his prick azz about a 10 sec window wash session.
He pulled over into the break down lane real quick.
His wipers going.
Bet his arm was all squirty fluid covered too and he was wiping it off.
Cool guy Coopertown prick cop playing traffic control games for power on the interstate.
How you like me now prick.....
Then all the traffic he was fugging with was able to all get past him and their little BS games zone on 24.

🀣🀣🀣🀣

Let me see if I understand this. You spray windshield washer fluid, the stuff that goes on windshields, and it gets on another driver's windshield. That is a deterrent?
Phug ya, I don’t mind that schit on my windshield but I don’t want it all over the front of my car....
I thought Paul was little more sharp...
πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
JK Paul but do you get it now.
Kinda like those guys rolling coal on bicyclists.

Squirty fluid mist cloud....
Espeically after a nice driveway detail job before the cruise in that nice brand new vehicle.
Motorcyclists and their chrome too.
Not to mention all in their face.
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Oh look it is gonna be nice with no rain the next couple days
Time to detail the transpo...

Water spots are the debil.
And that guy in the little red truck sure likes a clean windshield.
Wait .... now I figured out why he is doing it .
Curse you red truck baron....
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
There was one guy there that was laying flat on his back in a folding lawn chair covered up with a blanket sellin schitt... WTF?
I went by him several times figuring he was about to check out and maybe they would have a fire sale, but no dice....
I didn't see him.
Wish I did.
πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
as a man reachin fo his trousers shoots him fulla .38 holes

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Muffin
GunShow today in central FL.....

unloaded a Savage 24C, Camper

and picked up this..... Ruger 77, 30-06, 1971 issue.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
If that's the factory red butt plate that bastard will kick. I need to get a red recoil pad for mine

Romans 5:1
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
JT, Yep, all original.....

But it don't kick, it's a 30-06....... very mild, can't hardly kill anything with it either...... no where near as potent as the 270.....

wink

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Lol!!!
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I went to a local gun show today. It was pretty disappointing. Most everything was beat up and overpriced. Came home empty handed. That Ruger 30-06 looks like a nice find.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I think you’re right about the old guys with stupid prices. I bought a post-64 Win. 100 in .308 with a 3-8x40 Leupold for $270 OTD from a pawn shop 4 years ago for a buddy. I sent the scope back to Leupold and they replaced it with a new one. I only wanted the scope and figured my archery buddy needed a semi in .308 anyway. That rifle was in excellent shape having been a closet queen for years.

$2000+ for a post 64 Win 100 in .308 is so far out there that it’s obvious he’s not interested in selling it….hell for $2600 his grandkids won’t be able to sell it in their lifetime. πŸ˜‚

Actually, maybe I CAN top that stupid crap. There is a flea market here in Crossville, a really long, stupid, hilly path of redneck Nirvana, and towards the far end is where the "non-dealer" dealers hang out, selling their treasures. For instance, there was this afternoon, an old U.S. Revolver .32 top break (not even a name brand Harrington & Richardson or Iver Johnson!), of course I was tempted at only $400, but I managed to tear myself away and trudge on.

Last weekend (and the whole week before), we experienced our first "Rt 127" Yard Sale, and I like yard sales, but these were the same folks, I guess, because (I swear), I saw a dark green sheet metal trash can with a swinging lid, right out of any federal building circa 1968, with a $400 price tag on it too! What is it with insane people and "$400"?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Back in my motorcycle period I came to view East Tennessee as the land of dancing trucks. Laboring on the upslopes, hauling a$$ on the downslopes.

One time this minivan driver on cruise control was in the fast lane, a semi right beside her in the right lane trying to keep up his revs in a climb, both of them closing in on a slower moving semi,

Truck driver puts his left turn signal on, hoping minivan cruise control lady will take note, she doesnt, pinning him in his lane.

Puff of black.smoke as trucker brakes and downshifts, I could not hear profanity from trucker πŸ™‚ Oblivious minivan lady continues on her way, not a care in the world.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Be careful my fellow Volunteer. Your wiper fluid strategy can be deadly.
-tnscouter

Oregon man killed in road rage attack after splashing windshield wiper fluid on passing BMW

Jessica Schladebeck, New York Daily News
July 22, 2022

A father was shot and killed in Oregon during a suspected road rage attack, sparked after he accidentally splashed windshield wiper fluid on a passing BMW, his partner revealed.

Dennis Anderson and his partner of 18 years, Brandy Goldsbury, were driving along Highway 18 in the Van Duzer Corridor on July 13 when the incident occurred. They were on their way back to their home in Tigard after a day trip to Lincoln City to celebrate the end of their weeklong COVID-19 quarantine.

Goldsbury said the chaos started after they noticed another vehicle, a black BMW 3 Series, trying to pass them. She recalled that Anderson had just sprayed wiper fluid on his windshield and that some of the liquid may have splashed on the other driver’s car.
β€œI was just like, β€˜Ignore him, he’s just having a bad day,’” she told the Oregonian.

Eventually the BMW passed, but the couple again encountered the vehicle just a few miles down the highway when they arrived at a rest area near Otis.

β€œWe drove by it, and then it got behind us,” she said. β€œAnd then when the lanes started to turn to one again, the car started driving really close to the back of us β€” almost like it was going to hit us. And then it would go into oncoming traffic and kind of swerve toward us, like trying to push us to the side of the forest.”

She said that happened several times before she finally encouraged Anderson to pull over and call 911. He obliged, and stepped out of his car as he dialed. That’s when the BMW stopped parallel to them and someone opened fired from the inside the car, according to state police.
β€œThe last thing that he said was, β€˜Oh my god, they shot me,’” Goldsbury recalled.

A man driving past them performed CPR on Anderson until an ambulance got to the scene. He was pronounced dead a short time later.

Police on Friday continued their hunt for the shooter and the vehicle involved. The passenger in the car, who authorities believe fired the deadly shots, is described as a younger male with a medium complexion who is less than 25 years old and small in stature with short, dark hair.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Oregon State Police at 1-800-452-7888.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Renegade50 Let us know how you do.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (450yukon, 673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 27 invisible), 1,504 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,864
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.