-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
College. A group of us played cards between classes, and that's how we got to know each other. That was 53 years ago.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well! I didn’t think it would take this long , but here goes, I met her in a bar,

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prison infirmary.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I met this last one while fly fishing on the San Juan River, in New Mexico.
Another person introduced us, and we've been together almost 26 years now.
Been fishing together all over since then too !
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by splattermatic; 08/13/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My future wife was an exec on a show for which I was writing at Goldwyn Studios in Hollywood. Later, we began dating, fell in love and were married. That was in 1976. We had a very good marriage.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Fireman’s festival. 1987 I think. Was just taking a break, hanging out and she walked by. Got my game on pretty quick and made a date. She stood me up though and I moved on. Month or so later we hooked up again and been together ever since. Struggle to this day about the how and why but would not trade it for anything else real or perceived.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
My wife was best friends with a girl I was dating. We couldn’t stand each other at the time. Got together 3 years later and been going strong ever since.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Step mother was my brother in law’s godmother. She introduced my dad and I to their family in around 1969. My wife was 7 and I was 8. We got married in 2010. Wife has a picture of her brother and the two of us and the fish we caught that day on her parents dairy farm. We call it our first date.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Local hospital had a reception / meet & greet for their new physician. Co-worker went, came back, and said: "I just have three words to describe the new doc. HOT HOT HOT! and not wearing a ring". I went and checked her out. Then saw her walking her new puppy a while later. Stopped to talk. Etc...

G
G23 Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Met my wife in the library while studying, we shared an Accounting class. Crazy thing was, the first time I asked her out, she turned me down. Glad I wouldn't take no for an answer and asked again.

G23

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got picked up at a Sadie Hawkins dance. 4 and 1/2months later we were married. More than 43 years now.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stammster
For some reason the russianwives.com website wasn’t working that day and I couldn’t wait.
Maverick940, is that you?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Drinking and dancing ... 22+ years ago

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Met her at the store she managed.

That was 43 years ago.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My ex-wife's boss. I was surprised she went out with me.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had just gotten off of work and was walking to my apartment. I was in uniform. She yelled through a screened window "hey, do you know Jenny Welch"? Jenny was the Chief Deputies wife. Jenny and my future wife both worked as hairdressers in the same salon. Jenny had been talking to another one of the girls in the same shop about calling me up but she was reluctant. It appears my future wife spoke to me first. We were married 8 months later. It's been just over 40 years now.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My wife doesn’t hardly ever drink because she’s “allergic” to alcohol being as she doesn’t produce the enzymes required to break the alcohol down so the fact that I met her at a local dance hall/bar is pretty weird. She wasn’t into the bar scene at all having only ever gone with her girlfriend a couple times previous but that weekend changed the course of both our lives for the better. She and her best friend were planning on going to her parents new house in Chelan and do some skiing at the slopes by their house in December of 1996 but a major snowstorm closed the mountain pass. Friday night my buddy and I went to this bar/dance hall that was easily accessible considering the big snow we’d had and we had a good time. There was a redhead waitress who was coming on to me and she told me that if I showed up the following night she’d give me her number and we’d get together. Saturday night I showed up around 8ish and the redheaded waitress immediately brought me a bottle of Bud that she’d tore the label off….perfect, I’m off to a good Saturday night. That’s when I saw my future wife….it was almost like something from the part of a movie where Hollywood special effects focus the angelic light around the most beautiful person in the room and everything goes silent. I asked her to dance and we spent the rest of the night dancing and getting to know each other. At closing time I gave her a hug good night and we exchanged numbers.

Our first date we went to the Grillhouse Taproom in Kenmore on Lake Washington for dinner and then we went to see Jerry McQuire at the theater. I gave her a hug good night and told my friends at work that last night was the last first date I’ll ever be on again since I just met my wife….the person I’ll spend the rest of my life with. They thought I was crazy but 9 months later we were married on the beach in Langley on Whidbey Island with only her mom and dad…my mom and dad and the preacher. It was a perfect wedding and the best decision I’ve EVER made….in 5 weeks we celebrate 25 years married. It was fate that she was there and fate that had me returning to that bar 2 nights in a row.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Met her at my first full time job out of college. She was the plant manager's secretary and she made the rounds delivering and picking up mail for the engineering and lab depts in our building. Our first date was Thanksgiving Eve 1975, engaged 3 weeks later and married in July 1976. Last July made anniversary #46.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I was on the golf course. She was the beercart girl.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Well! I didn’t think it would take this long , but here goes, I met her in a bar,

Same here, in college on the central coast of California. It was late 1983 IIRC.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1beaver_shooter, 260Remguy, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 53 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,474
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.