Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I was dragging my little kubota tractor on I-10, had a low tire and a small group of motorcyclist came up. Front rider was tailgating the hell out of the trailer, lined up perfectly with the low tire, me looking in the rear-view mirror. Speed about 60-65, I thought ole boy if that tire blew right now you'd get blasted pretty good.

As soon as that thought went through my head the tire blew, and did just about what TimberRunners tire did. Slung rubber a belt wire all over him/them.

There are hundreds of people killed every year due to wrecks from blown-out old dry rotted tires.
Manufacturers recommend changing tires out at the 5-6 year mark, no matter how low the mileage.

The guy in the movie Fast & Furious who was killed along with his friend, speeding in a 911 Porsche. Car only had 4-5K miles on the tires but several years old.

So you were knowingly out on the road with in an
unsafe manner and it was the riders fault for being behind you? JFC

Yes busy with work, if some dumbass wants to tailgate a truck-trailer-tractor one car length at 60+mph hour he got what he deserved. Nothing is ever my fault, I'd do the same thing to you.
Leave jim fredricko conrad out of this

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I just replaced 4 year old cooper at3's on my tow rig that dry rotted with 80% tread. The store bought them back thankfully.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Stammster
Goodyear Marathons were known to do that. I lost a few fenders with them. I now replace trailer tires every 5 years regardless of mileage. That one looks old. Consider yourself fortunate.

I suggest you replace with 65 psi, 85 mph rated Goodyear Endurance, Carlisle Radial Trail, or Maxxis 8008.

Very true! Nobody want to spend the Money, when a Tire looks good! We're Human! We like to Save Money, but the Fact of the Matter is, when a tire gets older than 5-6 yrs.
Replace it, as age, weather Time, Sun, etc...........................Tears Tires apart!
Each tire has a Born on, mfg. code to tell when it was made. Do your homework, research and don't rely on Luck!
I needed to take my 20 ft. enclosed trailer on a long trip recently, and replaced all 4 tires with new ones including the brand new spares,(2).
Crazy, maybe, but I didn't have any problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's called Cost of Living! And it ain't cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
One of those lithium 1/2" impact woulda been nice. Not necessary, but nice.
I keep a 3/4" DeWalt impact driver in the truck - just in that exact case of having to change a tire. The camper's running 14 ply "G" rated tires and they seem to be nearly bullet-proof.

The other trailers all have "C" rated tires but the trailers aren't used that much AND they're always stored inside the pole shed - no sun gets to 'em 95% of the time.. Still, those I watch pretty carefully. One flatbed has brakes on only one axle and just this spring I rotated the tires to get those off the braking axle and onto the other... Trailer's about 12+ years old. All the sidewalls and tread show no cracking..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yes it's wise to check the tire manufacture date.

When I researched this there were comments of tire stores having tires over three years old.

Oftentimes these are the tires that are sold July 4th SUPER-SALE, 3 new tires get the 4th one free,

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If your trailer tires are over 7 years old…….time to replace them! In the long run, it’s darn cheap insurance! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
How many of you play this fast and loose with your motorcycle tires? LOL

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,164
Posts18,484,441
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.