-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was the DOS Operating System Guru at the local tech college. She was a student. I remember her from the first night of class, because we caught the same elevator going down and by the time it had gone 3 floors, she had blurted out her whole life story.

I ran my class like an extended stand-up routine. She got all the jokes.

She came to me the week before mid-terms and told me she couldn't eat or sleep, thinking about me.

We'll be married 25 years this November.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I was young we had a family next door with several kids, only one of which was a boy my age. In time they moved away to a farm. Our parents kept in touch. More time passed and the family moved back to a town about 10 miles away from where I still lived. I went to visit my male former neighbour and this girl lived next door. We started dating and stayed together for about 3 years. At the end of last month we celebrated our 64th anniversary. A total of 67 years together if we count the time we dated. I guess some things were meant to be.

Jim

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Tinder

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Over a griz in Wyoming.

My pickup line was "First bear?"

Truth

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I met the first one at church and we divorced years later.
I was helping to do chores for a good buddy whose health was declining and his daughter (from out of town) kept checking up on him and I was always there... right place right time.
My buddy passed but I've kept the daughter!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Bought a camper , she met me at IGA parking lot to give me the title , wearing a bathing suit top and cutoffs . An eye popper she was , had to know , “holy shiet girl , are they real”
Eyes got big and then with a smirk and small smile , “behave , I have my sisters kids with me”
Turned and walked away .
Didn’t see her again for at least a year .
Dropped into a sports shop and there she was , cleaning the minnow tank , made some small talk and asked her about getting together .
No dice , she was married .
Left her my business card and told her if she ever needed anything give me a call .
1 1/2-2 yrs later setting on throne and phone rings , didn’t recognize the number but did recognize the voice .
Small talk and a meeting arranged .
They were real and 12 yrs later we’re still together.
Kenneth

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Community college, Met Sept, 1971, married Dec. 28, 1971. Still married.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Our daughters were competing in an out of town swim meet! We were both divorced, and we shared many of the same values. We both loved hunting, camping, fishing, shooting, fitness, and were politically very similar in views! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I was out with a hunting buddy at a restaurant Happy Hour after work. Saw my future wife sitting with another guy who was drinking beer. Waited till he went to take a piss and went over, introduced myself and got her number. We just celebrated our 25th anniversary in Coastal Maine( Great trip, BTW)

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My wife worked at the travel agency that sold me a plane ticket,i asked her out in front of an office full of women who giggled and pretended to not be listening to us. We lost touch and 20 years later re-connected and married.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I married my secretary……..second wife………going on 21 years now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She was a student in one of my classes when I was teaching

Last edited by KFWA; 08/14/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Met her through a dating service. Five minutes into the first phone convo I had with her, she told me she voted for Reagan. Thought this is a keeper.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Pulled into McDonald's June 6,1971....she was there with 2 girls friends....long story was my buddy married one ...lasted less than 6 months...I married mine and the other one is lost in history. Been married since 3/11/1971 so what ? 51.5 years. She is till THE ONE!

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Mail order

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I was working at a ford dealership..... she was hired on as a receptionist..... she brought me a cup of coffe one morning........ and the rest is history

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Met my wife in the dining hall in college. Knew she was the one and still is after 43 years.

.280 AI Fan

"I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts" Will Rogers

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Unknown

Trump 2024!
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I retired in 2014 & was a widower in 2016 due to a mean alcoholic who couldn't control her drinking. In 2017 I joined Our Time on Thursday June 22 and communicated with a beautiful little registered nurse who had just joined OT also. We chatted back & forth for a few days as I was helping good friends on their dairy farm and was making home made strawberry jam at the time. We made plans to have dinner on Saturday June 24 but she didn't have a car to meet me as her son was working that afternoon and needed their car to get to his job. She gave me her address and I met an angel that afternoon. Her best friend found out that we were meeting at her place before going out and rushed right over before I got there just to make sure that I wasn't (in her words) an ax wielding serial killer. All was good because I showed up with a jar of fresh strawberry jam and a dozen of fresh brown eggs. We're in love with each other and have been happily married for three years now.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Wedding in Sioux Falls 1996. Been together since. One of the few wise moves I've made. grin

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
had been off work because of a nasty motor cycle accident and it was my Harley totaled . so when i got back to work there was a long haired blond in tight blue jeans working in shipping department a college girl for this summer job turned out a friend of mine`s sister he worked there too. 4 years later i married this wonderful sweety learned to behave myself and stay out of the bars and no more motorcycles. been with her now for 48 great years, this is my only marriage ,but the one thing is i promised no more motorcycles ever.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

436 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 257wthbylover, 58 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,816
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.