Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by hanco
I use 80 grain TTSX

I use a bit of everything. Experimented quite a bit with the little 6x45. It is a fun cartridge. I for one do not buy many Noslers these days, because they are azz raping their customers. There are other great bullets out there.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I always liked the 95 BT, especially for slow twist 243s but nosler has went nuts with pricing. I've started looking elsewhere too

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire
Stopped in a Sportsman's Warehouse.... $30.50 for a box of 50...

Nosler sure has gotten proud of all of their products under this covid Plandemic.

I'm a former Nosler customer....

Can't get the damn boxes open anyways!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I wrote NUZler off years ago, 50 round boxes is a bunch of jive.
Never seen their bullets shoot any better than a similar Hornady.

Nuzler also exaggerates their BC and back several years ago they always had the latest greatest LR bullet just about ready to ship. Three years later a few people would finally get their hands on a box and all the big hype turned out to be half true.

Guy I knew in Meridian [Boise] his brother worked for nosler, he said they didn't treat their employees very well.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Once upon a time, Nosler blems went for about $16 per 50. Bought plenty, plus a bunch of overruns in various calibers. That well seems to have run dry. Have they eliminated the blems by improving the process, are they selling them through other channels, or ?

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Seafire what weight are you trying to buy?

Thanks Hank and Lawrence.. I've got several boxes of the 90 and 95 grainers... and also the 70s and 80s...

Just until Nosler gets back in the real world, I'm not a paying customer for them...

appreciate you boys being willing to part with a few...got the brass tumbling tonight, to load up some for deer season coming up at the end of Sept.

I've got a couple of boxes of the Gamechangers , like 200 rounds or so...

after the last failure I had with them over bad load info.... If I use them, I now know to redline their velocity.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Nosler sure has gotten proud of all of their products under this covid Plandemic.

Is Jeff O. your sockpuppet?...

I can get the box opened anyhow... but I have a pocket knife if they get complicated.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Don't strain too hard that covid might come back in liquid form.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Once upon a time, Nosler blems went for about $16 per 50. Bought plenty, plus a bunch of overruns in various calibers. That well seems to have run dry. Have they eliminated the blems by improving the process, are they selling them through other channels, or ?

They are available thru Shooter’s Pro Shop. I used to buy the hell out of their ‘blems’ but then they got on the covid scarcity bandwagon and jacked their prices so high that you can sometimes buy factory firsts for less elsewhere. I went back to the 50gr Speer TNTs in my 222s and 223s. Just bought 3 x 1000 count boxes for $120 each. It’s pretty hard justifying $35 for a box of varmint bullets from Nosler.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Originally Posted by Pappy348

They are available thru Shooter’s Pro Shop. I used to buy the hell out of their ‘blems’ but then they got on the covid scarcity bandwagon and jacked their prices so high that you can sometimes buy factory firsts for less elsewhere. I went back to the 50gr Speer TNTs in my 222s and 223s. Just bought 3 x 1000 count boxes for $120 each. It’s pretty hard justifying $35 for a box of varmint bullets from Nosler.

Thousand round boxes of 50 TNTs, has been my go to bullet for varmints for a couple of decades...

that and 52 gr HPs and 50 and 55 SP, each in the thousand round containers...

The other brand I have a lot of when I find them on sale in volume... the V Maxes.... 40 and 53 grainers the most common one I use.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Can’t go wrong with those. I do like the Noslers, just wish they were more reasonable. I do still have a good supply of them tho. They had the 55 gr BT on sale about three years ago for around $9/100 and I bought 10k of them. Still have 7k or so. Ive used probably 2k in the 223s and the rest in 22-250 and 220 Swift loads. I shot lots of the Speer stuff 10 years ago.

I may have to give Hornady another go. I bought a case of Hornady 204 and 17 Hornet ammo right before things went stupid and they both shoot fantastic. I haven’t used their bullets much in 20 years because they just wouldn’t group as well for me back then. Future 222 and 223 will be the 50 gr TNTs tho.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (37L1, 257 mag, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,614 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,504
Posts18,490,610
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.