Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Also for you guys in the boonies, I hear good things about Starlink for interenet- very fast compared to the line of site deal or hillbilly internet company.
If the service is "not available" in your area you can get the RV service and it works fine.

Last edited by elkmtb; 08/15/22.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
A few years back I was paying 250 bucks for TV and Internet.

I have 1 gig Fiber for 65 bucks a month and I stream you tube tv 55 a month for another month and then it jumps to 65.

I am going to hook up Starlink for a family member that has Hughes Phu-cking net and direct TV.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a good deal anymore. Hulu live and YouTube TV are up in price about 70% in 2 years. I was just looking at a Comcast Internet and TV bundle, 300mbs and 125 channels for $100. Of course you get stiffed with taxes and fees. Total was about $130. But for the same Internet and let's say YouTube TV, it's $135. Bottom line is there's no better deal anymore and people just need to choose based on which platform they want to use.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Not a good deal anymore. Hulu live and YouTube TV are up in price about 70% in 2 years. I was just looking at a Comcast Internet and TV bundle, 300mbs and 125 channels for $100. Of course you get stiffed with taxes and fees. Total was about $130. But for the same Internet and let's say YouTube TV, it's $135. Bottom line is there's no better deal anymore and people just need to choose based on which platform they want to use.
That's how they hook you. C'mon cheap entry prices, then slam you with upcharges knowing 80% are too lazy to change.

They're raping & pillaging. If nothing else, pandemic confirmed they have unlimited bandwidth for current & forseeable usage. Never give away anything for which you can charge, and, charge what the market can bear.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I've had Direct TV for nine years. I've tried trial periods Direct TV streaming, Charter streaming, and Youtube TV. We record almost every program we watch, so DVR capability is a must. We just didn't like the program guides, having to use cumbersome remotes, and when you add it all up it's not that much more for the DTV package we have and have liked for several years. If you've been a customer for a while, call DTV and ask for the Customer Loyalty Department and see what discounts they will offer you. You might be surprised; that's what's kept us with DTV.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Screw streaming services. Everything I care to watch is supplied free by the internet or over-the-air TV

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Roku is said to be better than Firestick.
I think we are going to give one a try

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Between ustvgo.tv and ww4.0123movie.net you have about all the free tv and movies you'll ever need.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our cable TV service has been encouraging everyone on their service to get on streaming as they are getting out of the TV service sometime next year completely. They have stated in several letters that content has gotten so expensive they are forced to raise their rates several times a year to keep up with costs. Just got a letter and an email announcing another $20 raise in rates to a total of $255 a month for phone, internet, and TV and I don't even have any premium channels. So, we canceled our TV service and kept the Fiber optic internet service we had and I'm looking for a decent deal on a good streaming service with the channels I prefer. Might take a while as they don't make it easy to determine what they supply and not unless you go through their sign up page to research it.... what a pain in the butt...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 700LH
Roku is said to be better than Firestick.
I think we are going to give one a try

We have had ROku for 2 years with no issues whatsoever other then changing batteries.

we had 100 mbps cable internet with Time Warner plus their TV service

I now have 1 GIg Fiber service and 2 mesh routers. We have 2 laptops running all day and 3 TV's , an iPad,Thermostat . I stream YoutubeTV for now.

We effectively halved our monthly bill.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Started just watching dish again most of the time. Our wifi sucks so got tired of the constant buffering.
Winter comes and leaves off the trees it will go back to normal.
'

schidt man

even in Podunk

we have fiber WiFi

$86/month

with long distance and what the hell ever

'net stuff

We[both] are in the neglected state of Southwest Virginia which is basically West Virginia Lite.
Can't stream anything at my place and cell service suxs[especially as stated above when trees are in full leaf].
Here one must basically be within town limits to get decent wifi/innanet.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by immature
I've had Direct TV for nine years. I've tried trial periods Direct TV streaming, Charter streaming, and Youtube TV. We record almost every program we watch, so DVR capability is a must. We just didn't like the program guides, having to use cumbersome remotes, and when you add it all up it's not that much more for the DTV package we have and have liked for several years. If you've been a customer for a while, call DTV and ask for the Customer Loyalty Department and see what discounts they will offer you. You might be surprised; that's what's kept us with DTV.

We switch every 2-3 years between DTV & Dish.
Sure, I'll play your newbie game.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I had Hulu because I don't care about live content for the most part, and they had an ad free version. I've gotten to the point in my life where I have ZERO patience for ads because they're such a waste of time and are getting more and more woke every day. But now major networks are pulling content from Hulu and putting it on their own fugking streaming service. Comcast streaming bundled with their Internet was very competitive but they didn't have an ad free option on their on demand content.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
If you don't care about any sports or news channels, check out Philo. It's like $25/month.
Yep, best deal going

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Have no good intent options. Keep hearing about cable and fiber coming, but only thing we have is att uverse/dsl. Can't stream reliably. Tried Sling and Hulu, too much buffering.

I won't ever have traditional TV again. Nothing of interest. I'd like to stream some YouTube stuff, but I can do without. Maybe one day I'll have internet that can do it.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by monkeyboy
Between ustvgo.tv and ww4.0123movie.net you have about all the free tv and movies you'll ever need.

I had never heard of those websites. But why do they encourage using a VPN for the shows/movies? Actually, I clicked on a couple and it said you HAVE to use a VPN to watch it. Are those websites that non-secure?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
How about Fubo TV. Anyone tried that service?

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,201
Posts18,485,216
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.