-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I bought my CZ 75Dpcr 9mm back in 2003. It has been an awfully good carry pistol and I really prefer it to my Glock and Sig pistols. The trigger isn't all that great though. I contacted Cajun Gun Works today, and got on their work list. 6 to 8 weeks, and they will notify me to send the pistol to them. From what I read here and there, the improvement is really amazing. Their price is $463, but that's a lot less than buying a new pistol that may, or may not, be any better.
Have any of y'all had that company do work for you? What did you think of the finished product?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sam......

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Shooting buddy had them work on his cz97 that would drop mags during recoil and they fixed that in 3 weeks time. So one point for them.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I hear nothing but good about them, but have no experience with them personally.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I installed their pro kit on my 75 b compact. They were great to deal with. Direct contact and very supportive of the DYI guy. I’ve never had them do work but based on my experience with their product and personal assistance I’d expect their work to be top drawer.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Mannlicher,

I have the same CZ 75D PCR and I will be interested in how your modifications turn out. Be sure to post the results when you get it back.

IC B2

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
$500 for a trigger job? What's that, like $100 for every year left in life? I'd pass.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I bought my CZ 75Dpcr 9mm back in 2003. It has been an awfully good carry pistol and I really prefer it to my Glock and Sig pistols. The trigger isn't all that great though. I contacted Cajun Gun Works today, and got on their work list. 6 to 8 weeks, and they will notify me to send the pistol to them. From what I read here and there, the improvement is really amazing. Their price is $463, but that's a lot less than buying a new pistol that may, or may not, be any better.
Have any of y'all had that company do work for you? What did you think of the finished product?

Have you tried puttin' a little Flitz metal polish on all the sliding contact points for the trigger, and then dry-firing it a few hundred times?

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mannlicher, I sent my CZ75 PCR to CGW for their Pro-Package mostly to get rid of the trigger slap, lighten the trigger pull, smooth things up a bit and get those Dawson fiber optic sights that you recommended. I put 500 rounds through mine without a single issue and sent it off to CGW. Their gunsmith called me with what he had the trigger pull adjusted to and wondered if I wanted it any lighter, which I thought was a nice bit of customer service. In retrospect the only thing that I would change on my order would have been to opt for their rounded hammer much like the stock one because that square back hammer is a bit sharp when I cock it single action. They tell you to ONLY send your pistol via Federal Express Air. I questioned that at my local office because they would both arrive the same day as ground and they said that the ground guys have helped themselves to your package on occasion. Also your handgun is a “machined part” going to CGW, not a handgun going to Cajun Gun Works. It made a good handgun into a great one that I shoot better than my .22.

If you look at their website, they sell complete reworked CZ handguns if you can catch them in stock, which I couldn’t. I found two PCR’s in the US for sale because in large part, CGW lists the CZ 75 PCR as their all time preferred carry gun. I never met a striker fired 9mm that I liked, so the PCR has been perfect.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love my PCR also. I don't carry it much, though, because I need something so light that I don't know it's there and a fully loaded PCR is getting into the upper-20 ounces range.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
A couple of guys I shoot IDPA with have had their CZ 75's worked over there and seem very happy with them.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Mannlicher, my son has the same pistol, CZ 75 PCR, that you do, he sent it to Cajun Gun Works for the night sights and the trigger package and he loves the work they did.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

That rear sight looks odd in its placement. Looks like it should set back a bit toward the rear of the slide.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They do good work. The price is outrageous. You can buy the kit and do your own for half or less. It will be 95% as good. Also, beware of their trigger return spring. CZs are known for the TRS being high failure-rate. The Cajun being lighter can fail even faster.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another option would be trying SDP pistol as possible replacement for CZ. It used to be called Sphinx, but now it's being sold under different name.

Last edited by Slavek; 08/24/22.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Interesting topic. Strange my CZ's have never needed that kind of work. Generally their triggers are pretty good. One has the Omega, the other doesn't. No complaints though, thus far. However, like I always say I'm not a pistol shooter. Others mileage may vary.. My thoughts on pistols are they are not really a precision shooting instrument, so triggers only need to be so good. If shooting a lot of competition, maybe things are different?? My latest CZ75 has a sweet azzed trigger and its fast. Meets my needs..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 21, 65 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,414
Posts18,470,481
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.