Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Or the demand is dying. I did a quick check today and found 3 Chevy Duramax 2500 LT trucks for $62,000.00. I called Dave Smith and they have 1 2500 LTZ for $70,000.00.

In January, I couldn’t find a single truck over 1/2 ton in the entire western US. Dave Smith said that GM has decided that they will build trucks as they get orders, and maybe not deal with filling lots with trucks anymore.

The news isn’t worth listening to, Biden has wrecked the American economy and what once made America great has been diminished to bicycle riders and people smeared with tattoos.

All of a sudden, robbing a bank doesn’t sound like such a bad idea…

People are running out of money and have maxed out their 4 to 6 credit cards and can't fit an $800 a month truck payment in their budget under this Biden economy. Plus their net worth ( house value) has started to plummet and people are slowly waking up.

You'll start seeing lot more inventory and sales in a few months like in 2010

Something like 2 trillion in additional cc debt added in last two quarters and reports that any average savings that was increasing has been depleted now.

This downturn is gonna hit a second wave here shortly.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Grumman
I’ve heard of several people not taking the trucks they ordered once they come in. I found one on the lot built in mid June, I bought it late June. One was right beside it that the guy who ordered backed out on. That seems to be helping with the back log.
A buddy knew where a new Bronco was coming to a dealer at. Gave em a down and once the Bronco came in the price went up almost $15k.

They gave him the option to take at the increased price or get his down payment back.

He is still shopping for a Bronco for his wife.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Wonder if the chip thing is still an issue??

I bet there are close to 2000 F-150 s sitting on a huge lot just up the street from where I work.

Also wondering if the slow down is people waiting for the stuff to hit the fan in the next 6 months to 1 year.

That lot has been on and off full for close to a year. That sound about right to you?
The old Metro Auto Auction lot??

Probably.

I know there is a lot up East of Oceans of Fun that was packed on my boss says there is another somewhere off of 210 that's full.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by ribka
Or the demand is dying. I did a quick check today and found 3 Chevy Duramax 2500 LT trucks for $62,000.00. I called Dave Smith and they have 1 2500 LTZ for $70,000.00.

In January, I couldn’t find a single truck over 1/2 ton in the entire western US. Dave Smith said that GM has decided that they will build trucks as they get orders, and maybe not deal with filling lots with trucks anymore.

The news isn’t worth listening to, Biden has wrecked the American economy and what once made America great has been diminished to bicycle riders and people smeared with tattoos.

All of a sudden, robbing a bank doesn’t sound like such a bad idea…

People are running out of money and have maxed out their 4 to 6 credit cards and can't fit an $800 a month truck payment in their budget under this Biden economy. Plus their net worth ( house value) has started to plummet and people are slowly waking up.

You'll start seeing lot more inventory and sales in a few months like in 2010

Something like 2 trillion in additional cc debt added in last two quarters and reports that any average savings that was increasing has been depleted now.

This downturn is gonna hit a second wave here shortly.
Dad watches some business show and says they are sayin spring. Supposedly economies in other countries are slowing down as is ours which fuel prices and lumber prices are easing up. I guess we will see

I am holding off on building a new house until then. Hopefully material prices go down as some have almost doubled in a year and a half.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 08/16/22.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I’ve heard of several people not taking the trucks they ordered once they come in. I found one on the lot built in mid June, I bought it late June. One was right beside it that the guy who ordered backed out on. That seems to be helping with the back log.
A buddy knew where a new Bronco was coming to a dealer at. Gave em a down and once the Bronco came in the price went up almost $15k.

They gave him the option to take at the increased price or get his down payment back.

A buddy here ordered a Bronco in late 2020[with a substantial down payment].
He turned near $10K on it without ever driving it.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Back in March, I tried to buy a new Nissan Frontier. They were $3000 over sticker and I refused to pay that. I offered to pay sticker and they declined. I didn't even bother to ask about the company discount I get off of sticker. I knew what that answer would be. Went to local Toyota dealer to buy a Tacoma. They were charging 8000 dollars over sticker and getting it. Couldn't keep them in stock. I finally bought a new CMC Canyon AT 4. I paid sticker but also got my supplier discount which took 1800.00 off. Still waiting for chips for the heated seats. It will probably be awhile.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I wouldn't buy a new truck even if I had the spare change. The prices are ridiculous.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AML
Back in March, I tried to buy a new Nissan Frontier. They were $3000 over sticker and I refused to pay that. I offered to pay sticker and they declined. I didn't even bother to ask about the company discount I get off of sticker. I knew what that answer would be. Went to local Toyota dealer to buy a Tacoma. They were charging 8000 dollars over sticker and getting it. Couldn't keep them in stock. I finally bought a new CMC Canyon AT 4. I paid sticker but also got my supplier discount which took 1800.00 off. Still waiting for chips for the heated seats. It will probably be awhile.
Wait until these people that way overpaid want to trade in a couple or 3 years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You should see what they have done to lease buyouts....
Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by dave7mm
You should see what they have done to lease buyouts....
Dave

I haven't kept up with them. What is happening on that end?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are pros and cons to the dealers in this situation- the cons are they don't have vehicles for people to look at and test drive so I'm betting that alone drives down sales . The Pros for dealers is that if they aren't on the dealers' lot, they don't have to pay the flooring and interest on the vehicle until it hits the lot and by that time it is probably already sold so minimum up front cost to the dealers ...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A co-workers friend ordered a new Ford diesel, when it showed up,
The truck went up a bunch. His trade dropped. It was $15k on the deal.
He hesitated, they gave him 24 hours. He got a bank loan, and
threatening a breach of contract suit, bought it outright.
Took it home and sold it on the web. Took almost a month, but he made
around $9k on the deal. Still driving his old(2018) truck.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A year ago if a used vehicle came up for sale it was gone within a few days if price was decent.

I started my 06 Silverado out high for a few days and have now been at what I feel is a fair price w room to still come down.

2 tire kickers and 1 bud that tried lowballing me. Not sure if it's just cars that get decent mileage that sell fast or if the used market for truck has softened.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sheister
...a lot of guys are taking what deals they can to get a truck these days...

Not this cowboy. I will hang on to my 2003 GMC with the 8.1L gas guzzler and 6 speed manual. Why would I want to pay $60K+ for a plastic push button POS?

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by kappa8
Chip issue isn't going away until early- to mid-2023. Build trucks & park them; you can't makeup profit for a truck you never built, but you can plug in a chip later after it becomes available. In Detroit alone Ford had 30K+ pickups parked, but that number has been whittled down as chips arrive. And just in time for a potential recession and escalating interest rates making expensive trucks even less affordable. Talk about the perfect storm. LGB.

I guess I don’t understand why you can order a new truck and get it, while there are trucks already made and undeliverable because they have no chips?
Ordered a New 2022 Ram 1500 crew cab back in April 2022 it was delivered to me in 12 weeks. grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
everyone is free to spend their money as they see fit but I cant undersatnd at all why people are more than willing to spend 70,000 plus on something with a realistic value of 40,000 and think they got a good deal

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The carmakers are also doing something else stupid, they aren't making basic models any more, everything they're making are the high-dollar rigs. When the local Ford dealer here gets a new F-150, it's always at least a $55,000 vehicle, with all the gadgets and gewgaws they can cram into it. Trying to buy a regular old pickup is impossible around here. I've checked their website several times recently (I was in the market, but changed my mind) and they had ZERO new vehicles, none. All they had were used cars/trucks, mostly stuff folks don't want anyway, and all those were overpriced. (Ft. Knox Ford).
After looking at their line-up. I decided that Ford doesn't make anything I want anyway.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I bought a new GMC a few months ago. Waiting on chips. August and aSeptember for the.heated steering wheel and heated and cooled seats. December for the parking assist chip

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by elkmtb
used car inventory has increased and prices are coming down. interest rates and inflation is killing credit scores for the past 2 quarters now. But you still see 1-2 year old used trucks priced higher than MSRP for a new one. I know of some that are charging $10,000 additional "market adjustments" on top of the listed prices which is illegal in most places.

Where is it illegal to sell a vehicle and add a “market adjustment” ?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Will be plenty this fall after the ELE hits in September.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (160user, 222ND, 2500HD, 2003and2013, 257 mag, 163bc, 59 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,788
Posts18,477,275
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.