Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I am not gonna deal with you Todd, still.

PIA

Best,

Cisco

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank you!

Todd

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I posted a rifle for sale. Todd posted "I'll Take it". He followed up with a PM and immediately sent funds electronically. He was excellent with his communication. He seemed like a Gentleman with his texts (there were many) and on the phone. I had zero reason to think he would not resend the funds when I was well enough to ship the gun. I had no problem with his request and would gladly do business with him again, as a buyer or seller.. By the way, I am still testing Positive for Covid but am feeling much better.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jc189
I posted a rifle for sale. Todd posted "I'll Take it". He followed up with a PM and immediately sent funds electronically. He was excellent with his communication. He seemed like a Gentleman with his texts (there were many) and on the phone. I had zero reason to think he would not resend the funds when I was well enough to ship the gun. I had no problem with his request and would gladly do business with him again, as a buyer or seller.. By the way, I am still testing Positive for Covid but am feeling much better.

That is very good to hear buddy. It was a pleasure doing business with you as well and I’m beyond grateful you are mending up! Continued well wishes buddy!

Todd

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Justahunter
Originally Posted by Okie19
I could be way off base… but if as the buyer, what you bought will possibly put your family in a financial burden, then that is of no responsibility to the seller. You shouldn’t have bought it in the first place.

IMO, it is a bit morbid and off-putting to be discussing someone that is sick and it taking a turn for the worse, no matter the % chance of survival.

As stated above, the Campfire has good people here. Common sense, Golden Rule, etc.

Dang… I just wish I was rich enough I could be so nonchalant about the price of a rifle. Not the case and I’m not sorry for it. And it absolutely is the sellers responsibility to get the purchaser the item They purchased or a refund if the funds for that item have cleared their account.

There is an age demographic that the survival rate of Covid isn’t so high… I don’t know that the sellers fell into this age group but it is absolutely possible…

Todd

You should ask for blood work before buying on here then….a lot more issues going on amongst this crowd than covid. I can’t believe Rickbin still allows diabetics to post in the classifieds, honestly.

Seriously…. Caveat emptor is posted in a sticky for a reason. If your cat paws are that close to the edge money-wise that a 1-in-a-million-scenario gun purchase comes to pass and puts your family in a financial bind, frankly, you should be padding the nest a bit more before going shopping. I’ve been broke and flush and it’s more fun being flush. Best of luck to you.

Fear the crabcat.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yep.. Again, I do wish I was rich enough I didn’t have to worry about it. Money is what we trade our lives for.

Todd

Last edited by Justahunter; 08/16/22.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Okie19
I could be way off base… but if as the buyer, what you bought will possibly put your family in a financial burden, then that is of no responsibility to the seller. You shouldn’t have bought it in the first place.

IMO, it is a bit morbid and off-putting to be discussing someone that is sick and it taking a turn for the worse, no matter the % chance of survival.

As stated above, the Campfire has good people here. Common sense, Golden Rule, etc.

^^^^ I agree. ^^^^

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Statistically, someone is more likely to get in a fatal auto accident than die from The gook flu.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Statistically, someone is more likely to get in a fatal auto accident than die from The gook flu.

You're just as likely to die in a vending machine accident. grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would say that the risk is less than that of the USPO "lost" my package and much less likely that the USPO insurance would pay for it.

But it does happen ... I can think of one very healthy gentleman that posted a lot on our local forums and that I traded with regularly that very abruptly went radio silent (not just with me). Could have been due to any number of things but since he was manning the local drive-through free vaccines with his co-workers, I have always assumed that that may have been the cause.

As far as ettique goes, I think the buyer and seller need to agree on terms. You're on shaky soil if you ask to revise those terms in the middle of a transaction.

JC189, glad you're feeling better and I expect that I would have found the exception equally acceptable given your perception of how it was handled.

IC B3

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

You're just as likely to die in a vending machine accident. grin

I suspect vending machines have contributed to the deaths of many people over the years, lol. Back when cigarette machines were a thing, they really helped up the body count!!!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This same situation once happened to me(as a seller). I sold a rifle here in the classifieds. The day before I received the funds, I tested positive, and was sick as a dog. I had my wife take the rifle to the post office and put it in the mail for me. Done deal, everyone happy.

I'm sure if I would have communicated my situation, things would have been ok. It's when sellers go "dark" that things get sketchy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Buyer and seller should have met at a pancake house to duke it out. (Get video)

JMO.

LOL
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Justahunter
Yep.. Again, I do wish I was rich enough I didn’t have to worry about it. Money is what we trade our lives for.

Todd

Ha! You're doin it wrong then.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (anothergun, 10gaugemag, Alan_Robertson, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,489 guests, and 689 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,637
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.