Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
I've scoured the ATF regs and everything online and can't find an answer to this: The A&D book says to copy down the name and address or name and license number if a licensee. What kind of licensee? Drivers license number or only another ffl?

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They are referring to an FFL holder.

NRA Endowment Member
Bolt&Barrel Gunsmithing, Greenwood, SC
www.boltandbarrel.com
U. S. Army Veteran
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes, on the source of the firearm and it only needs to be the first three and last five numbers on the license.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
So I can't use just the name, state andndrivers license number where it asks for name and address or license number? When they call for 4473 info, all they ask for is the gun info along with name and drivers license number so I don't see why it wouldn't be sufficient in the book.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You should be asking questions like this of your ATF agent, not arguing them with Internet associates. I have had an FFL for many years, and I suspect that Sitka has as well. We are NOT the final authority, however. Your ATF agent has a job because you have a Federal Firearms License. He/she will be more than happy to tell you how to keep your bound book.

NRA Endowment Member
Bolt&Barrel Gunsmithing, Greenwood, SC
www.boltandbarrel.com
U. S. Army Veteran
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Clemson
You should be asking questions like this of your ATF agent, not arguing them with Internet associates. I have had an FFL for many years, and I suspect that Sitka has as well. We are NOT the final authority, however. Your ATF agent has a job because you have a Federal Firearms License. He/she will be more than happy to tell you how to keep your bound book.

I will take issue with this, not necessarily good advice. If you ask five different ATF agents the same question, you will probably get five different answers/ An example would be the receiving FFL dealer demanding a copy of the shippers FFL copy because "...my agent told me I have to have a copy of his ffl..."

Last edited by Jkob; 08/17/22.

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am ALWAYS uneasy asking for information from ATF.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I am ALWAYS uneasy asking for information from ATF.
This is the reason that I don't want to call them and attract an unwanted check up but I just got off the phone with another friend thats also a FFL. He's not sure about the book either but went through 7 weeks of hell under their new zero tolerance policy. I have 11 pages that I wrote down customer drivers license state name and ID number instead of address. If that's not allowed I'm screwed because I have no way of getting all of those people back Iin here to get their addresses.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"OR" is a key word. I am assuming "licensee" refers to the FFL some have (I no longer do). If you have that, per regulation, you should be fine and they can check it with a few key-strokes. If you have name, address, and state DL in your book, you should also be fine. I think. Probably. Maybe. Depending on the Inspecting A-hole.and their level of ignorance ...

Hell, just write it all down!

Last edited by las; 08/17/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by las
"OR" is a key word. I am assuming "licensee" refers to the FFL some have (I no longer do). If you have that, per regulation, you should be fine and they can check it with a few key-strokes. If you have name, address, and state DL in your book, you should also be fine. I think. Probably. Maybe. Depending on the Inspecting A-hole.and their level of ignorance ...

Hell, just write it all down!
What about just name, state and DL number? This isn't for 4473 transfers but regular drop off and pick up gun repairs.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (02bfishn, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,571
Posts18,491,880
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.