Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Afraid ? No... With the world we live in today some days I'm just ready..

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by IZH27
Everyone is afraid of death. Christian or non-Christian. You may live in the hope of the resurrection but when death comes you will have fear, anxiety and uncertainty. As a disclaimer, I don't view hope as wishful thinking but rather the Biblical definition of surety. Unless, a person dies in their sleep there will be fear. There will be fear because a path is being walked that you've never stepped foot on.

Surety is a comforting thing but it will never replace the creature response of fear of that passage if time to observe that passage is given to the person.

Speak for yourself. After watching my mother suffer a couple years from a combination of full blown global dementia, complete loss of the ability to use her limbs, complete loss of the ability to speak yet she knew everything that was going on around her - I'll be watching for the first hard set of symptoms so I can end that nonsense. She had huntingtons and I have it as well and there's no way in hell that I'll let my family go through that again.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by IZH27
Everyone is afraid of death. Christian or non-Christian. You may live in the hope of the resurrection but when death comes you will have fear, anxiety and uncertainty. As a disclaimer, I don't view hope as wishful thinking but rather the Biblical definition of surety. Unless, a person dies in their sleep there will be fear. There will be fear because a path is being walked that you've never stepped foot on.

Surety is a comforting thing but it will never replace the creature response of fear of that passage if time to observe that passage is given to the person.

Well said.

Some days I welcome it. Others I dread it. Good days/Bad days

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Have looked it in the face a few times , woke up alive and a little disappointed twice .
Another time looked like I was going to be burned alive and remember wondering how bad this is going to be , will I go down solid or scream like a bitch , had never been burnt real bad.
Held strong as the flames grew and was able to remain calm directing people on what to do .
They got me out , was weird never lost control during
or after , weird calm .
Kenneth

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I guess I'm not really afraid to die, I just don't want to yet. I've got a number of things I want to do that won't get done if I die.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The first breath is the beginning of death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Have looked it in the face a few times , woke up alive and a little disappointed twice .
Another time looked like I was going to be burned alive and remember wondering how bad this is going to be , will I go down solid or scream like a bitch , had never been burnt real bad.
Held strong as the flames grew and was able to remain calm directing people on what to do .
They got me out , was weird never lost control during
or after , weird calm .
Kenneth

I'll man up, being burned alive I'll be screaming like a bitch. One of my fears in dying.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
There are quite a few things far worse than death...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I was gone fir over 4 minutes during a sleep study once. I didn't get to the peaceful light stage. I floated above myself and started drifting away like I was caught in a current. I saw what the nurse and her aid were doing and told them what it was and they were amazed because I couldn't see their desk from my room.

They showed my everything from the monitors, no breathing for over 4 minutes then my heart stopped and my brain waves. Then it all instantly restarted and I sat straight up in bed and said out loud I just had the craziest dream or something like that. They were calling a code blue on me. I didn't get to the peaceful part and was actually quite scared because I didn't want to leave my young kids. It was like I was drifting away down the hall and up but could grab anything to pull myself back. There's more to it but you'll have to be LDS to understand what I did to get back.

Bb

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The fellow in the video tells a great story. But he doesn't know what dying will be like any more than the rest of us.

At 78 I've taken a lot of chances and had a few near-death experiences. Though I'd like to avoid death as long as possible, I am happy and at peace, and am not afraid to die.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I think that we’d all like to think that we will act a certain way when the time comes. I’ve been in health care too long and seen too many people literally sliding down that slope.

There’s an old book by a John Howie “The Scots Worthies”. The book is basically mini biographies of Christian’s who were considered heroes of the faith during the struggles of the Protestant against the Pope sponsored leaders. Staunch men of faith but many examples of angst.

A man reads such things and witnesses people getting the word of quick approaching death, an incurable disease…no offense but I don’t believe a man that claims that he does or has no fear.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
There are a lot of suicides out there for every person being consumed by such an overwhelming innate fear of death.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Little boy in church about 8 years was asked to hold up his hand if he wanted to go to heaven. Church lady said why didn't you hold up your hand. Don' you want to go to heaven? Little boy said "Sure but not today".
'

There is no place like home. Western Oklahoma.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I was gone fir over 4 minutes during a sleep study once. I didn't get to the peaceful light stage. I floated above myself and started drifting away like I was caught in a current. I saw what the nurse and her aid were doing and told them what it was and they were amazed because I couldn't see their desk from my room.

They showed my everything from the monitors, no breathing for over 4 minutes then my heart stopped and my brain waves. Then it all instantly restarted and I sat straight up in bed and said out loud I just had the craziest dream or something like that. They were calling a code blue on me. I didn't get to the peaceful part and was actually quite scared because I didn't want to leave my young kids. It was like I was drifting away down the hall and up but could grab anything to pull myself back. There's more to it but you'll have to be LDS to understand what I did to get back.

Bb

4 minutes gone while being monitored? that crew must have been union workersgrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
What's the point in worrying about death? - it happens to everyone. Best we know we go back to non-existance. I don't recall any issues with the previous state of non-existance.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’m not afraid but I’m putting it off to the last thing I do.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
For myself, no, hope it is quick. But I have a wife who needs me, crippled, maybe memory troubles. The life insurance hopefully will help her but I think she will follow quickly. The plan is her to go first. My fuzzy little dog will be devastated. Daughter will step in. Son had a hard time growing up so he will always be a worry though doing well now. Grandkids naturally, 2 brothers left.

I sincerely hope people are the better for knowing me. I make an effort at that always.

I have become agnostic to a degree. Some Bible stuff doesnt square with history; the other side is whence came "stuff". If there is a plan, why not finish it?

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I think the 10 zillion years after I die will be just like the 10 zillion years before I was born.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MAC
The way I see it I am pretty lucky to still be breathing at 59 years old. I'm not afraid of death. Just one more part of life. Anybody running around being afraid of something they will never avoid is a fool. Nobody knows when the bell is going to toll for them but it will toll at some point. Accept it and live your life to the fullest.

Very well said.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I died a long time ago. Took my revenge with a cold heart.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 15 invisible), 1,744 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,806
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.