-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got a couple of them but the round stackable tray one, I think it is an American Harvest Snackmaster, is the one we use the most for just about everything ... and we use it a lot.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Whatever you get, get one that costs $15,000 so you can come back here swinging big cock about how much money you spent.

It has to be one that runs off of 3 phase current and that you built a dedicated building just it and its purpose.

And have a couple of silver pigeon shotguns in the background when you post pics and maybe a 2/3 smoked $21 cigar and some brown water.

Does Stihl make one? That would be epic.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Whatever you get, get one that costs $15,000 so you can come back here swinging big cock about how much money you spent.

It has to be one that runs off of 3 phase current and that you built a dedicated building just it and its purpose.

And have a couple of silver pigeon shotguns in the background when you post pics and maybe a 2/3 smoked $21 cigar and some brown water.

A two stroke one would be the tits!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I had an American Harvest for many years, but I gave it away after I got a Waring dehydrator. The Waring's top setting is much hotter at 175 degrees, in case you ever dry meat that could harbor trichinosis.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I set one out on the back porch to keep the hot air out of the house. Looked out and the damn coons were raiding it.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I would get one with a Brick Oven pizza attachment on the side. And a little horsey on top bourbon dispenser

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford
Don's one Stop Shop......I ain'ta goin back to the Walmarts

I admire that

You suckin social security, living in a 12x20 shed, framed houses all your life, avoided the draft in ‘68, worked under the table all your life, now only able to draw $563 a month base minimum. Killed a bobcat or two.

Youre my hero

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don's one Stop Shop......I ain'ta goin back to the Walmarts

I admire that

You suckin social security, living in a 12x20 shed, framed houses all your life, avoided the draft in ‘68, worked under the table all your life, now only able to draw $563 a month base minimum. Killed a bobcat or two.

Youre my hero

What's for dinner Raefort?

"Potted meat from Don's, I buy the stuff what went past its "best by" date from Don for a discount. Unless you want some bobcat jerky. "

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ground Pig jerky & fresh maters on the side.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ground Pig jerky & fresh maters on the side.
Which holler you live in?

I'll be there as soon as I can drive the 2500 miles.........................which won't happen until gas comes down a bit more.

I'm on SS too!

In it is contentment

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
3rd holler past tha QuickMart on the frontage road.

See if I can't hustle up some gophers.
Need several as a 1/3rd gopher would only arouse me appetite without putting it to bed satisfactorily.

FJB & FJT
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Just finishing a batch of jerky for the rest of my antelope hunt.

If you want rectangle racks and high volume... though 6 rounds trays does a big roast fine... just use the oven, but put foil on the bottom to catch the drippings or the wife will get mad at the mess.

Kent

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by krp; 08/23/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm just glad we can discuss these issues and help a pal come to a decision on one of life's most important small appliances!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
When I was a kid we lived on the family 40 acres until I was 7, granddad made jerky on the barbed wire fence next to the houses. He had a hard fast rule of no snitching the jerky. He would go out at night and come back later, we all knew he was snitching the jerky... he claimed testing...

One evening he comes back in gagging and spitting, seems he drop a piece in the dark and felt around under the fence, found it and popped it in his mouth... it was a dried dog turd...

When I got older I just made it in the oven, till I got married and the wife didn't like the cleanup.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I'm just glad we can discuss these issues and help a pal come to a decision on one of life's most important small appliances!
Damn glad the OP didn't ask about

chainsaws.

In it is contentment

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We've got one of these Emeril Lagasse French Door air fryers that someone gave us as a gift. It's great to air fry with .... the book says we can also use it as a dehydrator. I've not tried it yet.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You guys are a century ahead of me. I smoke my jerky, in an old stainless tool locker, with a hot plate as the smoke maker. Dry fruit and veggies in a round plastic type thingy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Just finishing a batch of jerky for the rest of my antelope hunt.

If you want rectangle racks and high volume... though 6 rounds trays does a big roast fine... just use the oven, but put foil on the bottom to catch the drippings or the wife will get mad at the mess.

Kent

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Same unit i have....

Same aged offwhite color. 🤣😂🤣😂

Bought one at the dirt cheap salvage store for the extra trays. Unit didn’t work. Gave a couple dollars for it. Like $50 with 90% off type store. 😂🤣😂

Last edited by BigDave39355; 08/23/22.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

That occurred to me, but I left it out to leave some “room” for the other wags.

What fresh Hell is this?
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
American Harvest
again yes, I have enough extra trays that it will take 15 pounds of boneless beef rump sliced 1/4 inch thick in one batch. It takes about 24 hours to dry a batch that size.

I made two 15 pound batches a few weeks ago. I use Hi Mountain jerkey cure. It is available in several flavors.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 30Gibbs, 19 invisible), 1,691 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,368
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.