Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by yobuck
According to Dr. Steve Turley the deal is sealed for him to be V P on the Trump ticket in 2024.
Ive heard him say that several times, but nobody else seems to be.

Why be the VP? What does that buy you? It buys you 4 years of being a target of the Left and MSM 24/7. That's 4 years of the Left attacking him and wearing him down and weakening his brand day in day out.

There is nobody on the Right or on the Left with any credibility that doesn't agree that if Trump runs he will win the nomination. Even Hillary-by-God Clinton has said that.

DeSantis is the obvious future for Conservatives. The Right needs "Life after Trump". What happens in 2028 and beyond if the Party doesn't groom new, younger talent?

The GOP will by necessity need to flesh out a field of candidates to have a Primary filed. You better figure that along with Trump, you'll have DeSantis, Cruz, Rubio and other "usual subjects". After Trump wins Iowa, NH and SC, the rest bow out and the battle with Biden (or whomever) begins.

DeSantis needs to make his bones and get some experience on the national stage. he needs to strengthen his brand to withstand attacks from Democrats like Gavin Newsom, or Stacy Abrams, or Beto, or whomever they choose to attack him. This is part of it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'd rather he stay Florida Governor for as long as it's legal for him to do so first.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Selfishly, I want DeSantis to remain Governor here unless he rises to President. I agree with he post above that he has nothing to gain but a target on his back by being Trumps running mate and this is all to strengthen his brand nationally.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I like Desantis but he’s a big club member. You guys need to remember he happily signed the red flag law here in Florida and didn’t lift a finger for constitutional carry. Desantis is mimicking MAGA but he’s not MAGA. This is the big club UniParty trying to co-opt the MAGA base. The fact that Desantis is going along with this tells you everything you need to know about him.
DeSantis did NOT sign your Red Flag Law, Governor Rick Scott did.

If you are going to hate someone, at least hate them for what they did, not for what someone else did.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LTR
Dimtards can’t stand him.

They'll be attacking his kids soon..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hicountry
It's amazing how easy it is for the msm to brainwash people to not like Trump.

DeSantis, as apparently good as he is, is a career politician, which should raise questions.

Interesting to see comments about how Trump shouldn't run, just anoint the next Republican pres.

Really ?

How easily the sheeple are led around by the nose.
There’s a lot of cucks around here.
Yeah, but I’ll bet they know which of their Governors signed what bills into law.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by abbydog
One thing about DeSantis, he is a declsion maker, he makes it and forges ahead.

Yale

Harvard

Naval Academy

There is no libtard that is better educated then this Man and he relates to everyday people.

This country won’t survive another Harvard educated lawyer for President. Interesting that the best two Presidents in the last 40 years didn’t have Ivy league law degrees.
Another president with a law degree will kill America in my opinion. Who do lawyers take care of first and foremost ?? Other lawyers. Everything they do is a jobs program for more lawyers. I like DeSantis but I liked Reagan better. I think we need to let Donald Trump run his course. If he get's re-elected I'm pretty sure he is going to be pretty hard on the democRATs. That I want to see.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
Love to see a DeSantis/ Tim Scott 2024 ticket

Tim Scott was hand picked and groomed by Mitch McConnell.

They are working him up the food chain because he is "presentable".

He is pure, unadulterated SWAMP.

You fell for it again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If not Trump, then Desantis!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
I like Desantis but he’s a big club member. You guys need to remember he happily signed the red flag law here in Florida and didn’t lift a finger for constitutional carry. Desantis is mimicking MAGA but he’s not MAGA. This is the big club UniParty trying to co-opt the MAGA base. The fact that Desantis is going along with this tells you everything you need to know about him.

If you are going to hate someone, at least hate them for what they did, not for what someone else did.

Well, must give the Devil his due. Stevie is correct that Rick Perry signed Florida's Red Flag Law, not DeSantis. Amazing what you can find outside of TGP. wink

However, Perry's record on guns was mostly positive.

"Gun laws
As of February 2018, Scott had an A+ rating from the National Rifle Association (NRA), indicating a record of supporting gun rights.[118] The NRA stated in 2014 that Scott "signed more pro-gun bills into law–in one term–than any other governor in Florida history".[119]

In 2011, Scott signed the Firearm Owners' Privacy Act (informally called "Docs vs. Glocks"), which made it illegal for doctors and mental health professionals to ask patients about their gun ownership unless they believed "that this information is relevant to the patient's medical care or safety, or the safety of others."[120] Provisions of the law, including the part forbidding doctors from asking about a patient's gun ownership, were struck down as unconstitutional in 2017 by the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.[120]

On June 9, 2017, Scott signed an expanded version of Florida's stand-your-ground law into law.[121]

In February 2018, after the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida, Scott stated his support for raising the minimum age to purchase a firearm from 18 to 21; at the time of the shooting, 21 was the minimum age to buy a handgun, but rifles could be purchased at age 18. He also announced his support of a ban on bump stocks. Scott said, "I want to make it virtually impossible for anyone who has mental issues to use a gun", requesting $500 million in funds for mental health and school safety programs.[122] In March 2018, the Florida Legislature passed the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act, which incorporated many of the measures Scott supported. It raised the minimum age for buying firearms to 21, established waiting periods and background checks, provided a program for the arming of some teachers and the hiring of school police, banned bump stocks, and barred potentially violent or mentally unhealthy people arrested under certain laws from possessing guns. In all, it allocated around $400 million.[123] Scott signed the bill into law on March 9.[124] That same day, the National Rifle Association (NRA) filed a lawsuit in federal court challenging the law's provision banning gun sales to people under 21. An NRA spokesman said, "We filed a lawsuit against the state for violating the constitutional rights of 18- to 21-year-olds."[125]"

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

^^^ THIS ^^^

Everyone should have noticed DeSantis never attacks the SWAMP and DEEP STATE. DOJ, FBI, Intel Community, War Machine, associated corruption, election steal, etc.

Goes after the only safe and approved stuff - masks, MSM, LGBQxxxx, etc. "Low hanging fruit" as one member described it.

His handlers give him approved agendas and scripts. He will stick with that or gets kicked out of the club. Coming up with 18 women to accuse him of grabbing their ass is the usual ploy.

Last edited by SupFoo; 08/23/22.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

Stand corrected about the Red Flag signing but I’m not wrong that Desantis is big club and is participating in the attempt to weaken Trump and fracture the base.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hatari

Well, must give the Devil his due. Stevie is correct that Rick Perry signed Florida's Red Flag Law, not DeSantis. Amazing what you can find outside of TGP. ;)

However, Perry's record on guns was mostly positive.

"Gun laws
As of February 2018, Scott had an A+ rating from the National Rifle Association (NRA), indicating a record of supporting gun rights.[118] The NRA stated in 2014 that Scott "signed more pro-gun bills into law–in one term–than any other governor in Florida history".[119]

In 2011, Scott signed the Firearm Owners' Privacy Act (informally called "Docs vs. Glocks"), which made it illegal for doctors and mental health professionals to ask patients about their gun ownership unless they believed "that this information is relevant to the patient's medical care or safety, or the safety of others."[120] Provisions of the law, including the part forbidding doctors from asking about a patient's gun ownership, were struck down as unconstitutional in 2017 by the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.[120]

On June 9, 2017, Scott signed an expanded version of Florida's stand-your-ground law into law.[121]

In February 2018, after the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida, Scott stated his support for raising the minimum age to purchase a firearm from 18 to 21; at the time of the shooting, 21 was the minimum age to buy a handgun, but rifles could be purchased at age 18. He also announced his support of a ban on bump stocks. Scott said, "I want to make it virtually impossible for anyone who has mental issues to use a gun", requesting $500 million in funds for mental health and school safety programs.[122] In March 2018, the Florida Legislature passed the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act, which incorporated many of the measures Scott supported. It raised the minimum age for buying firearms to 21, established waiting periods and background checks, provided a program for the arming of some teachers and the hiring of school police, banned bump stocks, and barred potentially violent or mentally unhealthy people arrested under certain laws from possessing guns. In all, it allocated around $400 million.[123] Scott signed the bill into law on March 9.[124] That same day, the National Rifle Association (NRA) filed a lawsuit in federal court challenging the law's provision banning gun sales to people under 21. An NRA spokesman said, "We filed a lawsuit against the state for violating the constitutional rights of 18- to 21-year-olds."[125]"
Actually NO, Stevie didn’t say TX Governor Rick Perry signed FL Red Flag Law, he said that FL Governor Rick Scott sign the legislation.

Last edited by steve4102; 08/23/22.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Only Way anyone gets in besides Trump is if Trump gets taken out , which the cabal is trying to do, or if Trump decides not to run.

This is somewhat disconcerting. Hoping the eagle on the ground is Slick Willie and not Trump.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/23/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
This is somewhat disconcerting.

THE SWAMP will get exposed. And the number and names of your favorite Republicans that get taken down in the process will shock many. They have been using the government as their personal ATM machine. Billions if not Trillions. 60 years in the making.

Throw in lots of ChiCom bribery and espionage and it will make for some of the best TV ever.

Put your helmets on.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SupFoo
THE SWAMP ... have been using the government as their personal ATM machine. Billions if not Trillions. 60 years in the making.
This.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If Trump gets back in I hope he has an administration in mind that doesn't consist of swamp members,.....and I hope he doesn't allow Javanka to advise him this time.

But I don't see it.

At this point it's going to be difficult for Trump to find outsiders who will be willing to join his administration.

Steve Bannon was probably the most loyal associate Trump had and Trump allowed Javanka to push Bannon away. Yet Bannon still supports Trump.

I was a huge Trump supporter during his campaign. But it became evident that he couldn't handle the swamp during his administration. By the end of it he was bringing in the basement crazies from the George W Bush administration.

Anyway, I'm not entirely convinced that Trump will make a serious run for the nomination. I could be wrong about that. But Trump and his entire family had to endure a lot of crap for a long time. Trump's ego would probably make him want to run again. But the family probably doesn't want to go through it again.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
There are a serious bunch of defeatists on this thread. Makes me wonder how many are planted trolls out to spread gloom and doom.

The Democrats have absolutely imploded! Even Jimmy Carter wasn't this inept. They have screwed themselves for the next couple of elections but you'd never know it around this place. I read everything from Trump is savior, to Trump isn't running, to DeSantis is better than Trump then DeSantis is part of the Deep state and he sux too. Then the boys that are depressed to the point that nothing matters because the voting machines prevent any fair election and the GOP will never win again.

If you look at what Democrats are worried about, they are convinced they will lose the House, the Senate by a couple and have nobody to run in '24 and pray the Rosary that Trump is in prison before election day 2024 or their worst nightmare will come true - 4 more years of Trump.

So which is it? Are the Democrats royally screwed, like they are confiding amongst themselves or is the GOP screwed and not even Trump can save us??

It can't both ways.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rhodes
There are a serious bunch of defeatists on this thread. Makes me wonder how many are planted trolls out to spread gloom and doom.

The Democrats have absolutely imploded! Even Jimmy Carter wasn't this inept. They have screwed themselves for the next couple of elections but you'd never know it around this place. I read everything from Trump is savior, to Trump isn't running, to DeSantis is better than Trump then DeSantis is part of the Deep state and he sux too. Then the boys that are depressed to the point that nothing matters because the voting machines prevent any fair election and the GOP will never win again.

If you look at what Democrats are worried about, they are convinced they will lose the House, the Senate by a couple and have nobody to run in '24 and pray the Rosary that Trump is in prison before election day 2024 or their worst nightmare will come true - 4 more years of Trump.

So which is it? Are the Democrats royally screwed, like they are confiding amongst themselves or is the GOP screwed and not even Trump can save us??

It can't both ways.

Both sides worry during war, but only one side is victorious.

LOL
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Rhodes

It can't both ways.

I definitely don't think the GOP is inclined to do what *should* be done. The vast majority of the Federal Government is owned. But I think the right GOP administration could slow down the decline.

A candidate who wants to truly right the ship would have to fly under the swamp's radar to get elected. Then they would have to be extremely tough and uncompromising once they got in office.

I don't know if there's anyone out there who would want to take that on,...and I don't know if they would be successful if there was.

If Trump runs and gets the nomination, I'll vote for Trump. But I would prefer to see how Desantis would conduct a term in office.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.