Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I was 6-1 and weighed 230 lbs, use to work out a lot with weights so I had plenty of muscle but fat over it, when I got done I was 170. In my diet the body consumed most of the fat because I remember my fat % after I slimmed down was around 7 %, after that I never gained weight again and consistently worked out and ran. I probably lost some muscle but I was adamant of losing weight and it worked.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by duke61
Good old fashion half starvation, vegetables, mixed canned or steamed, fruits, oatmeal, water and plenty of exercise, walking, jogging, running and weight lifting. No other way my friend,
I got it done this way, lost 60 lbs.

Pretty good advice there, Nutrition Pilgrim.

That is similar to what I am doing and I am down 11 pounds in 6 weeks. Gotta knock off 19 more, at least. Maybe 29 more. 29 more and I will be 6-3 and 220, I will be a mean machine. I eat oatmeal for breakfast every morning. Gives a lot of energy. I like carbs, complex carbs only. No white bread. Fruit is also very good.
I do get a lot of protein, from black beans, and steak and boiled eggs.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by readonly
I had a buddy lose a lot of weight fast on keto 3 years ago. Was looking good. Then dropped dead of a heart attack at age 37 two weeks after his wedding.

Covid shot!

July 2019

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Coors lite sucksazz...cancer would b more attractive....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
You can always fugk a lot to get that extra boost of calorie burning

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a buddy lose a lot of weight fast on keto 3 years ago. Was looking good. Then dropped dead of a heart attack at age 37 two weeks after his wedding.

Covid shot!

July 2019

Did they day what caused the heart attack? That early must have been a pre-existing genetic condition or something?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
As someone who has worked over 400 "codes," or heart attacks, I promise this guy had some real bad DNA. Youngest code I ever worked was 43 years old.

However, the Keto diet didn't help this 37 year old guy.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Salmonella

A highly regarded cardiologist once told me that coronary issues are extremely genetic.

I attended many autopsies before I retired as a criminal investigator. Due to my nature of really wanting to learn, the forensic pathologist let me be right next to him, take notes for him, as well as do some cutting in some cases. Truly a hands on education. One thing I quickly learned is that everybody and I mean everybody has some amount of blockage in their coronary artery past the age of 40. There is plaque built up. To what degree can depend some on genetics but it also depends on diet and lifestyle. Fried foods and being a fatty will kill you. After the pathologist did his thing he would show me through kinesthetic learning (both hands on and visual) by instructing me in cutting open layers of the coronary artery and noting the blockage.

It made such an impression that I reduced my french fry intake by about 90% and started eating a lot more salads. Fried foods are a flat out killer for most people. That is a fact.

Knife and bullet wounds don't help either. laugh

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Having done nothing but intermittent fasting, I've lost 3 lbs. in about 10 days. If I clean up my diet I should lose a little more a little faster. Just the last few days I haven't felt hungry after dinner or until close to noon so it's clicking for me.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Portion control. Use a smaller plate instead of a normal size. You can still eat normal foods. Just not as much.

Long live the NRA
IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"It made such an impression that I reduced my french fry intake by about 90% and started eating a lot more salads. Fried foods are a flat out killer for most people. That is a fact."

What you fried is the problem. French fry equals blood sugar/insulin spike.

Last edited by victoro; 08/25/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm still saying low carb is the hands down winner here.
I lost 70 lbs in about 4 months.
Not a single pound has come back since I committed to living low carb 4 years ago.
At 61 I could still wear my high school clothes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Proud NRA Life Member
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most people have zero willpower and will die fat.

Proud NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Partagas

Covid shot!

July 2019

Did they day what caused the heart attack? That early must have been a pre-existing genetic condition or something?

Genetics and diet I believe. I don't believe there was a previously diagnosed condition but there was some family history. If not a proven fact everybody accepted that his drastic keto diet and weight loss in the months leading up must have been some factor.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
We're two weeks in so how's it coming??

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We want the update.

B
Blu_Cs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
UPDATE

Exactly one month to go and I'm down 15 lbs out of the targeted 40. Been frustrating as I have been diligent as possible (complicated by out of town travel, family get togethers), yet progress has been painfully slow. That is until a few days ago. The needle really started moving when I added a gym membership late last week and started full body workouts instead of targeting only what was going to be tested on by the agency.

Current key items are:

1) Food Intake: Carnivore only for the one meal a day. Bite of cheese, or greek yogurt in one single tiny snack within 4 hours after the main meal. I've also cut back on the portion size on the Carnivore meal. I'll cut back on the snack the day I stop losing measurable weight. Added tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar three times a day.

2) Intermittent fasting: 20 hour fasting day/4-hour eating window (i.e. main meal and snack),

3) Ingredient elimination: Zero wine, beer, processed foods, added sugars, seed grains, carbohydrates. Everything is single ingredient except a splash of hot sauce.

4) Exercise: cardio and weights. I wasn't diligent enough on the cardio, partly due to factors outside my control, now no excuses, On the weights, I'm old school in that I prefer the free weights, but am discovering other machines at the gym, which seem pretty good at targeting very discrete muscle groups, and each visit I add one or two exercises.

5) Measurement. Weigh-in every day, on the same scale as when I started. (Vs spotty checks on different scales previously). I also recently set up a spreadsheet, and have been charting progress towards the key variables comprising the PAT test items, and sense that things are on the right path now although I wish I knew back when I started what I know now, and the degree of focus that was required. Oh well, live and learn, right?

Thanks to everyone for their tips and encouragement both on the fire and in PM's. It's been a slow start, but sense the path forward is clearer and now must take this grimly to close. It is a worthy project.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That is good progress. Fifteen pounds is a good start.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
UPDATE

Exactly one month to go and I'm down 15 lbs out of the targeted 40. Been frustrating as I have been diligent as possible (complicated by out of town travel, family get togethers), yet progress has been painfully slow. That is until a few days ago. The needle really started moving when I added a gym membership late last week and started full body workouts instead of targeting only what was going to be tested on by the agency.

Current key items are:

1) Food Intake: Carnivore only for the one meal a day. Bite of cheese, or greek yogurt in one single tiny snack within 4 hours after the main meal. I've also cut back on the portion size on the Carnivore meal. I'll cut back on the snack the day I stop losing measurable weight. Added tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar three times a day.

2) Intermittent fasting: 20 hour fasting day/4-hour eating window (i.e. main meal and snack),

3) Ingredient elimination: Zero wine, beer, processed foods, added sugars, seed grains, carbohydrates. Everything is single ingredient except a splash of hot sauce.

4) Exercise: cardio and weights. I wasn't diligent enough on the cardio, partly due to factors outside my control, now no excuses, On the weights, I'm old school in that I prefer the free weights, but am discovering other machines at the gym, which seem pretty good at targeting very discrete muscle groups, and each visit I add one or two exercises.

5) Measurement. Weigh-in every day, on the same scale as when I started. (Vs spotty checks on different scales previously). I also recently set up a spreadsheet, and have been charting progress towards the key variables comprising the PAT test items, and sense that things are on the right path now although I wish I knew back when I started what I know now, and the degree of focus that was required. Oh well, live and learn, right?

Thanks to everyone for their tips and encouragement both on the fire and in PM's. It's been a slow start, but sense the path forward is clearer and now must take this grimly to close. It is a worthy project.

Nothing like a little progress to keep you motivated!

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,097
Posts18,483,038
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.