Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
https://strangesounds.org/2022/08/s...es-more-nutritious-than-cows-milk-2.html

[Linked Image from strangesounds.org]

Drink up beeches! Meanwhile, the Bilderberg royals will be swilling champagne.

I don’t want and will not drink that sh*t… But many will…

An international team of scientists sequenced a protein crystal located in the midgut of cockroaches in 2016. The reason?

It’s more than four times as nutritious as cow’s milk and the researchers think it could be the key to feeding our growing population in the future.

Although most cockroaches don’t actually produce milk, Diploptera punctate, which is the only known cockroach to give birth to live young, has been shown to pump out a type of ‘milk’ containing protein crystals to feed its babies.

The fact that an insect produces milk is pretty fascinating – but what fascinated researchers is the fact that a single one of these protein crystals contains more than three times the amount of energy found in an equivalent amount of buffalo milk (which is also higher in calories than regular cow’s milk).

Clearly milking a cockroach isn’t the most feasible option, so an international team of scientists headed by researchers from the Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine in India decided to sequence the genes responsible for producing the milk protein crystals to see if they could somehow replicate them in the lab.

“The crystals are like a complete food – they have proteins, fats and sugars. If you look into the protein sequences, they have all the essential amino acids,” said Sanchari Banerjee, one of the team, in an interview with the Times of India back in 2016.

Not only is the milk a dense source of calories and nutrients, it’s also time released.

As the protein in the milk is digested, the crystal releases more protein at an equivalent rate to continue the digestion.

“It’s time-released food,” said Subramanian Ramaswamy, who led the project.

“If you need food that is calorifically high, that is time released and food that is complete. This is it.”

It’s important to point out that this dense protein source is definitely never going to be for those trying to lose weight, and probably isn’t even required for most western diets, where we are already eating too many calories per day.

But for those who struggle to get the amount of calories required per day, this could be a quick and easy way to get calories and nutrients.

“They’re very stable. They can be a fantastic protein supplement,” said Ramaswamy.

Now the researchers have the sequence, they are hoping to get yeast to produce the crystal in much larger quantities – making it slightly more efficient (and less gross) than extracting crystals from cockroach’s guts.

Who needs kale and quinoa when you have cockroach milk supplements?

…Yeah, we aren’t 100 percent convinced either. But if it helps alleviate the food shortages we’ll have to deal with this generation, we’ll take it.

The research was published in IUCrJ, the journal of the International Union of Crystallography.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
It goes great with Oreos I bet

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I didn’t even know they had boobs! Must be a SOB to milk em.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I can see the ad campaign..... people wearing their cockroach-milk mustache....

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I vill not eet zee boogs Herr Schwab....

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If they get the yeast to make great quantities.......................................

it'll be in the next version of MREs and NASA bars.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
JHM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
It will be great to wash down that powder dry Soylent Green with…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Look, I'm the first to say that I find the concept of insects as food loathsome. However, I find it interesting that humans produce the necessary enzyme for digesting insect protein. Without it, insects would pass through the system undigested. That means that at some point in our evolution, we relied on insects as part of our diet. Bottom line: God wanted us to eat bugs.

I also remember a teacher in Sunday School back in my days among the Presbyterians positing the idea that the manna mentioned in Exodus was some sort of insect. I looked it up; the best candidate is a scale insect that feeds on the Tamarisk tree.

What also find interesting is that 50-some years ago, they were pushing the concept of over-population down our throats and I was being told by teachers that some day we were all going to have to eat bugs, because we would be running out of arable land for crops. The over-population scare has since gone bust. Humans are going to peak out at some time in the near future and the world population is going to decline. This has to do with industrialization; when you get fat and happy, you tend to spawn less.

Still, there are guys like Bill Gates pushing this over-population narrative, and along with it, the idea of eating insects instead of beef. I don't buy any of it.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by shaman
Look, I'm the first to say that I find the concept of insects as food loathsome. However, I find it interesting that humans produce the necessary enzyme for digesting insect protein. Without it, insects would pass through the system undigested. That means that at some point in our evolution, we relied on insects as part of our diet.

Worldwide plenty of people still eat bugs.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Fascinating discovery!!!

NOT

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It will be the new Cock Pox.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
McDonald's Cheeseburgers (3) Super size fries, big vanilla shake.
👍👍👍

Roach milk sounds like a 3rd world thing to me....
If the primatoids would stop fuuuking and having fly covered sally struthers kids en masse, then wouldn't have to come up with schit like roach milk.

Oh.....
Even better idea for the dots on the Indian sub continent.
Kill a cow and have a steak.
Or even a cheeseburger...
Lotsa cheeseburgers!!!
👍👍👍👍😄😄😄

Last edited by renegade50; 08/26/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In general, my feeling is that anyone who’ll eat an oyster will eat anything, however, I’m kinda pissed about how all the elites keep pushing all these “alternatives” on the serfs, when it’s obvious they’ll never partake themselves. Bugs for thee and me, craft beef and hummingbird tongues for them.

Made a quick run through the grocery store yesterday and was once more amazed at the prices for staples like burger, and ran into shrinkflation when I picked up plain old sugar, four pounds in a five-pound bag. The store-brand canned milk we used to use in our coffee, which was $.79 a year ago is now $1.29. And so on and so on…….

I did find some bargains, but I’d hate to be trying to feed the family that used to live here at these prices.

For all those who are in that boat, thanks Joe.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I didn’t even know they had boobs! Must be a SOB to milk em.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
"You can milk anything with nipples" ~ Greg (Gaylord) Focker
" I have nipples Greg, can you milk me"? ~ Jack Burns

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's been said that the only two things that will survive after a nuclear holocaust would be the cockroach and the rat.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Look, I'm the first to say that I find the concept of insects as food loathsome. However, I find it interesting that humans produce the necessary enzyme for digesting insect protein. Without it, insects would pass through the system undigested. That means that at some point in our evolution, we relied on insects as part of our diet. Bottom line: God wanted us to eat bugs.

I also remember a teacher in Sunday School back in my days among the Presbyterians positing the idea that the manna mentioned in Exodus was some sort of insect. I looked it up; the best candidate is a scale insect that feeds on the Tamarisk tree.

What also find interesting is that 50-some years ago, they were pushing the concept of over-population down our throats and I was being told by teachers that some day we were all going to have to eat bugs, because we would be running out of arable land for crops. The over-population scare has since gone bust. Humans are going to peak out at some time in the near future and the world population is going to decline. This has to do with industrialization; when you get fat and happy, you tend to spawn less.

Still, there are guys like Bill Gates pushing this over-population narrative, and along with it, the idea of eating insects instead of beef. I don't buy any of it.
Shaman, that is all well and good for US and Europe which have had negative population growth for fifty years. If we could just get those "less civilized" nations on board.

But Mexico, Africa, and the Middle East keep breeding like rabbits. And we are expected to house and feed the overflow.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
To a lot of the world eating insects is a common thing. You would be surprised how many are consumed every day unexpectedly in the USA

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Shaman, that is all well and good for US and Europe which have had negative population growth for fifty years. If we could just get those "less civilized" nations on board.

But Mexico, Africa, and the Middle East keep breeding like rabbits. And we are expected to house and feed the overflow.

Yep. And Hiden Biden and the DemoRat’s are letting a couple of MILLION of them invade America every year.
And giving them free cell phones, and EBT Cards.
Of course, WE the Taxpayers are footing the bill. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,879 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,957
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.