Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
A lot of people grow it in their houses around here too. I have found grows on State land several times.

These aren't people growing a few plants in the basement, they're organizations that buy multiple houses to set up illegal grows.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
[quote=flintlocke]Seafire, it's hard to say which is worse, Josephine Co old time 4th generation growers or Siskiyou County's Hmong farmers. We had over 6,000 Cambodians move in here in less than 2 years, using cartel cash they bought up every parcel and rural home. 1/8 of the county population is now Hmong. Trying to get some control over this wild west boom town chaos has bankrupted our county's law enforcement and public health. The system is completely overwhelmed. So far, they are just murdering each other and leaving the locals alone, but they flout every law, from poaching to pedophilia. Because of Calif laws, every single legal action requires the Hmong to have an interpreter at county expense, and of course every legal action has blowback from Hmong activists screaming racism, which involves a whole new court case and appeals. It's a trainwreck. The way I see it, only way out is for big corporate agriculture to get involved and grow so much, so cheaply, that it destroys the market.[/

The Hmongs are bad news in all those ways you mentioned. I’ve hunted several times in the Trinity Alps area. The first few times there were deer and bear in decent numbers. The last time I went up the same areas looked devastated. The Hmongs had gone through with large hunting parties and taken everything. I didn’t even see any squirrels.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hippie lettuce has been around for a long time and isn’t going away. The big illegal grows make a hell of a mess. When I lived in California one year we got warnings about staying away from certain places in the Mendecino forest. We still hunted there. There should be an open season on the scumbags if you find them in public land. SSS

Hmongs are a plague in the states they reside. They go through and kill everything. Deer, birds, squirrels, chipmunks, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ITEOTWAWKI

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
The war on drugs the way it’s been fought for the last half century has been a total waste of money and has probably helped create more crime than hinder it.
I concur.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Pot is legal in WA state.

I don't know any conservative pot smokers.

One 42 year old ex Google software engineer [read fixed for life] told me to go to a pot store in Bellevue and they would have a particular pot to cure any disease.
I know a lot of conservatives who smoke it.

Seattle is 90% liberal. The conservatives are really conservative.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My high school classmate Earl, his two older brothers moved to the Medford, Oregon area and grew pot. Earl said the cops there were ok with the activity, they

Dknew they were doing it.

Make it 100% legal, no license, no nothing, > NO WAY the gov't can't stand not getting tax dollars to put towards their benefits/pensions.

Do the growers Josephine & Jackson counties cause outdoorsmen problems?
I saw on the news years ago people in Or. or Ca. said growers would shoot over hikers/bikers/hunters heads to run them off?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 700LH
ITEOTWAWKI
It's the end of the world as we know it,,, and I feel fine. laugh

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

One 42 year old ex Google software engineer [read fixed for life] told me to go to a pot store in Bellevue and they would have a particular pot to cure any disease.

Seattle was a shyt hole when I was there 35 years ago. People of all ages from teens to grannies snorting coke everywhere you went. I doubt it has improved. Don't know if I met any consevatives while I was there. If I did like everywhere else they were more likely drunks than stoners.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E

Seattle was a shyt hole when I was there 35 years ago. People of all ages from teens to grannies snorting coke everywhere you went. I doubt it has improved. Don't know if I met any consevatives while I was there. If I did like everywhere else they were more likely drunks than stoners.

If you think it was a [bleep] hole in the 80s, go visit now. Youd REALLY be impressed.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pot grows, so much fun.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
True, but now they don't have to find a pusher. They can buy it at a store.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
" The Hmongs are bad news in all those ways you mentioned. I’ve hunted several times in the Trinity Alps area. The first few times there were deer and bear in decent numbers. The last time I went up the same areas looked devastated. The Hmongs had gone through with large hunting parties and taken everything. I didn’t even see any squirrels.

The Hmongs have been doing that in the Sierra for over 40 years. I started hunting in the southern and central Sierra in 1964. Deer and other game all over the place. Then the Hmong were transplanted in after the end of the Vietnam War, settling in the central San Joaquin Valley and into the foothills of the western Sierra. They began systematically hunting in large organized groups killing anything that moved. Deer, bears, mountain lions, small game of all kinds, birds of all kinds, etc. If it moved, they shot it. There would be 25 or 30 of them up in the mountains moving in "skirmish" lines, blazing away. Poaching was rampant.

My wife and I owned a vacation cabin on the western slope of the southern Sierra in Tulare County, from 1969 until we moved to Idaho in 1997. For years we saw many deer, bears, foxes, bobcats, an occasional mountain lion, and game birds. Then, we'd see not so many, then less and less until the last time I hunted up there in 1997, there was no game animals to be seen anywhere. The Hmong had, with their poaching and "skirmish line" hunting, virtually wiped them out.

I doubt it has improved.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If you can't beat them, join tax them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
True, but now they don't have to find a pusher. They can buy it at a store.

God damn the pusher man.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
" The Hmongs are bad news in all those ways you mentioned. I’ve hunted several times in the Trinity Alps area. The first few times there were deer and bear in decent numbers. The last time I went up the same areas looked devastated. The Hmongs had gone through with large hunting parties and taken everything. I didn’t even see any squirrels.

The Hmongs have been doing that in the Sierra for over 40 years. I started hunting in the southern and central Sierra in 1964. Deer and other game all over the place. Then the Hmong were transplanted in after the end of the Vietnam War, settling in the central San Joaquin Valley and into the foothills of the western Sierra. They began systematically hunting in large organized groups killing anything that moved. Deer, bears, mountain lions, small game of all kinds, birds of all kinds, etc. If it moved, they shot it. There would be 25 or 30 of them up in the mountains moving in "skirmish" lines, blazing away. Poaching was rampant.

My wife and I owned a vacation cabin on the western slope of the southern Sierra in Tulare County, from 1969 until we moved to Idaho in 1997. For years we saw many deer, bears, foxes, bobcats, an occasional mountain lion, and game birds. Then, we'd see not so many, then less and less until the last time I hunted up there in 1997, there was no game animals to be seen anywhere. The Hmong had, with their poaching and "skirmish line" hunting, virtually wiped them out.

I doubt it has improved.

FWIW.

L.W.

When Clinton opened trade with Vietnam, an American kookie woman went over there, bought a motorcycle and was touring and video'ing the country.
She went out for a day with the village women who rounded up firewood, killed birds/lizards/frogs/snakes anything/everything. She commented that there wasn't a single sound in the woods, everything had been killed.
They traveled over 20 miles that day and the American woman didn't see a single living thing besides plants/trees.

I remember the POS trespasser h-mong who killed the people in Minnesota or Wisconsin. Sitting his ass in their treestand he then shoots and kills them, one a young girl.
They nearly wiped out seagulls and other birds, sea turtles along the Mississippi coast, they don't give a ratzass about game laws/rules.

Posted by Bristoe
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ol_mike
My high school classmate Earl, his two older brothers moved to the Medford, Oregon area and grew pot. Earl said the cops there were ok with the activity, they

Dknew they were doing it.

Make it 100% legal, no license, no nothing, > NO WAY the gov't can't stand not getting tax dollars to put towards their benefits/pensions.

Do the growers Josephine & Jackson counties cause outdoorsmen problems?
I saw on the news years ago people in Or. or Ca. said growers would shoot over hikers/bikers/hunters heads to run them off?
Nobody has been shot yet here in the Green Triangle that wasn't involved in the trade. When the Mex Cartels were growing here on Forest Service land, they were considered dangerous only because their families were hostage in Mexico, and if they didn't get their crop harvested, God knows how they would be punished...so everyone gave them a wide berth. Then came the white criminal element, not to be confused with the old skool hippie growers (we didn't know they were the best of a bad bunch to come later). The white criminal element are financed well, but the scum of the earth, lots of meth and heroin users and unpredictable, hence dangerous to cross. Then the Hmong which don't bother anybody, but have semi military style security, sentries, motion detectors etc. around their private property grows. To my knowledge, my son is a forester in affected areas, is the Hmong give you the hard eye and have fired warning shots. They have killed each other over mushroom territory, no one ever caught. Edible mushrooms can pay up to 30 bucks a pound here at the buyers tailgate. So most hunters and fishermen generally, if they smell the 'skunk' or stumble on a grow just go someplace else, no game around the camps anyway. Game wardens and Forest Service LEO's here will not confront growers.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
After legalization here, everyone thought they'd make a fortune.
A couple years in now and the radio says prices are 25% of what they were.
Had a guy in our township quit seeking permits, etc. for now saying the market is shot due to everyone jumping in.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks flintlocke ! !

Posted by Bristoe
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Some lads I knew in Florida knew some black folk and whiggers who moved to Oregon to grow and sell weed.
They lived in NW Oregon, rented a Mansion w/a Pacific Ocean view. 12-14 years ago.

They were making big money back then, rolling around like tony montan'E, phly-ass clothes, $1000 tennee-shoes, gangsta as fk, 26'' wheels. Great neighbors I'm sure.

Posted by Bristoe
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (22kHornet, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 160user, 1badf350, 21, 33 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,117
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.