-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did you even read that? It clearly states an unlicensed person may not transfer any firearm to a resident of another state regardless of the purpose. Presumably the members of most families are persons.

That page is a plain-English guide. If you want to slog through the whole law, be my guest.

Public Law 90-618

Pay particular attention to Sections 922 (Unlawful Acts) and 924 (Penalties)

What fresh Hell is this?
HR IC

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by adam32

That doesn't say anything about being a felony or transfers to family members.

Hand the rifle to him. If he wants to register it once he's home then he can walk into an FFL with it and fill out the DROS. It's not illegal to have an "unregistered" long rifle, or a long rifle in your possession that is "registered" to someone else.

Hell my CCW wasn't even in my name for years and it was fine.

It's funny how everyone on this site says "screw the government", "time for a revolution" etc etc and then everyone caves when it comes to FFL "laws". 😂 😂 😂 Y'all will be the first to turn in your guns and it's sad.
You're clearly ignorant on the specifics of the topic and would be better off getting a clue rather than spewing misinformation regardless of your intent. If you want to look up categories or whatnot for the crimes do so, you will see that you have been given correct information by Pappy. Nobody here is saying they agree with the laws and there interpretations, just stating the facts you are errant about. It's nothing personal, lots of people don't know chit including many FFLs...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Again...please cite the law or code that says a person cannot be in possession of an "unregistered" long rifle or a long rifle "registered" to another person.

I really hope none of you guys are ever shooting someone else's rifle at the range if you believe you can't be in possession of a rifle not registered to you. Or borrow a guides rifle on a hunt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Again...please cite the law or code that says a person cannot be in possession of an "unregistered" long rifle or a long rifle "registered" to another person.

I really hope none of you guys are ever shooting someone else's rifle at the range if you believe you can't be in possession of a rifle not registered to you. Or borrow a guides rifle on a hunt.

What state do you live in that rifles are registered?

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Ok, you're an idiot not just an ignoramus. Congrats.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve had enough of this dumbfuquery. Gave him the law, even the sections, about transfers and the penalties. Presumably he can use a computer, so he can read it himself. We weren't talking about possession except as it pertains to interstate transfers.

That DROS appears to be a California thing, which may explain much…….

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I’ve had enough of this dumbfuquery. Gave him the law, even the sections, about transfers and the penalties. Presumably he can use a computer, so he can read it himself. We weren't talking about possession except as it pertains to interstate transfers.

That DROS appears to be a California thing, which may explain much…….

Actually you asked the question didn't you? And it is about possession is it not? Your son would be in "possession" of "your" rifle? He would be possessing it in another State is why you think it's against the law?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

So it's illegal to be in possession of another person's rifle? A felony? You can't use a guides rifle on a hunt?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quit deflecting Hillary…..

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by drop_point
What state do you live in that rifles are registered?

Exactly my point.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Quit deflecting Hillary…..

It's a question, Brandon.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

So it's illegal to be in possession of another person's rifle? A felony? You can't use a guides rifle on a hunt?

Nobody said anything of the sort. The discussion is of transferring ownership of a firearm to a resident of another state. Furthermore you're the one - that for some fuucking reason - brought up 'registration' to bolster your mistaken opinions. Carry-on.

--- Kid Rock 2022

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Nobody said anything of the sort. The discussion is of transferring ownership of a firearm to a resident of another state. Furthermore you're the one - that for some fuucking reason - brought up 'registration' to bolster your mistaken opinions. Carry-on.

Exactly...why is he worried about transferring ownership when's there's no ownership (no registration) to transfer?

Hand it to him and carry on with your lives.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought that rifle new. There IS a record, which we all know now from current events is in the hands of the ATF, placing that rifle in my possession. Any other appearance of that gun in their records in another state in the future without an explanation of how it got there legally is potentially evidence of a crime committed by me, and possibly my son as well, depending on the circumstances. Despite it being against the law, they are compiling a database of 4473s that will enable them to search their database looking for crimes, based solely on those records. Anyone that thinks that’s not in our future is a hopeless optimist, again based on actual current ATF actions. In this case, they would be right because if I give or sell any firearm to a resident of another state without going through a licensed dealer, it’s a federal crime, no fuggin’ ifs, ands, or buts, no matter what YOU say or think.

Twice in the 70s, before background checks and mostly before computers, I was contacted by the police who notified me that “my” gun had been recovered from thieves. Both those guns had been sold by me, one to a dealer, and one to an individual face to face. Despite the fact that the only records of my previous ownership of those guns were paper forms at the stores I purchased them from, they had no trouble connecting them to me.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Exactly...why is he worried about transferring ownership when's there's no ownership (no registration) to transfer?

Hand it to him and carry on with your lives.
No. You are confusing doing and legally doing. We're discussing legally doing. Get over it.

--- Kid Rock 2022

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
867-5309

387 #s

Intercourse, PA

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I think the issue here is that there's a difference between already being in possession of a rifle that isn't registered and knowingly taking or giving possession of one in a way that doesn't fit the law. Tons of guys here probably have guns that were passed down from family members decades ago that aren't registered. Being in possession of them isn't an issue. But you're talking about transferring possession across state lines -- and THAT is the part that could get you in trouble. It's not having the rifle after it's been moved, it's the act of getting it there in the first place. The law is very clear and has been cited for you...

(I would also point out that if you're planning to do whatever you're going to do in spite of the legality, posting multiple times here about how you can do it probably isn't the best idea. The odds of it ever mattering are slight... but imagine the gun is stolen and used to commit a crime. In today's political climate, and depending on which state you live in, it isn't hard to imagine investigators being more interested in the backstory of the firearm than in the bozo who actually committed a crime with it?)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Read this thread and then read the 2A and remember why we have the 2A.

I'm somehow supposed to believe those participating in this and concerned about handing a rifle to someone else are the same "patriots" I can rely on to assist when the 2A is needed the most - this country is dead, we just haven't accepted it yet.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal

I'm somehow supposed to believe those participating in this and concerned about handing a rifle to someone else are the same "patriots" I can rely on to assist when the 2A is needed the most - this country is dead, we just haven't accepted it yet.

What I believe is that someone who thinks others should commit a federal felony, face prison, and the loss of the right to own and carry firearms in support of his personal notions of how to support the 2nd is dumber than two buckets of schitt. We still have laws, and the ability to bring about change through the processes provided by the Constitution. We have in fact, made considerable progress in the face of serious opposition. Until those avenues have been shut down, meaning the government has actually been overthrown by the Left, we should play by the book.

In the meantime, in all sincerity, go fuque yourself.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Teal

What I believe is that someone who thinks others should commit a federal felony, face prison, and the loss of the right to own and carry firearms in support of his personal notions of how to support the 2nd is dumber than two buckets of schitt. We still have laws, and the ability to bring about change through the processes provided by the Constitution. We have in fact, made considerable progress in the face of serious opposition. Until those avenues have been shut down, meaning the government has actually been overthrown by the Left, we should play by the book.

In the meantime, in all sincerity, go fuque yourself.

See, Teal nailed it. A bunch of women that would fold like a lawn chair.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 7 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,314
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.