Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by deflave
Beretta 1301 or Benelli M4 and there are no comparisons.

I can give reasons but you’d probably just huff, puff, and mow the lawn again.

LOL

No. I'll be happy to hear what you have to say about them. I'll say that so far I'm looking at recoil operated actions. But the Benelli M4 action sounds interesting. I've read up on it but it's difficult to get a handle on what they're saying without having one disassembled in front of me.

Look on youtube at the Beretta 1301 Blink system comparison to the Benelli M4 system.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Was one of several gun writers invited to "field test" the then-new Benelli Ethos 12-gauge in 2015 during a week-long shoot in South Africa--which if anything has better wind-shooting than Argentina. (Was in Argentina for the second time a month earlier.)

They were all 12-gauge, 3" chambered models. I shot the gun assigned me for close to 1000 rounds, on mostly hot, dry and dusty days. The only time it failed to function was when somehow a piece of gravel about 1/8" in diameter got inside the action, and when it was removed the gun kept shooting. The gun was never cleaned or lubed during the entire week, and everybody else had similar "luck."

Of course could not do without it, and have had it ever since, using it in conditions from below zero here in Montana to rainy waterfowl hunting in Alberta. Still have never cleaned or lubed it, yet it keeps working fine.

Have shot a lot of gamebirds in various places, with a wide variety of shotguns--alongside a bunch of companions with an equally large variety of guns. But sold my Beretta 390 a few years ago because of the Benelli.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The POS M1 Benelli I have has jammed... once at round 13, a reload in a brand new gun. Again at 7000 or so, no damn lube to found, dryer than a popcorn fart, operator error. And again at 13,500 or so. A corn stalk in the action.

It's going to the end with me, an unbelievable semi auto. One of the better gun choices I've made in 40 years & 300+ units.

It's getting a drop or 2 of lube & put in the truck for next Saturday along with an 870 for back up. The 870 won't likely be called on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interia driven Benelli’s, all the way without question, Recoil IMO is a non-factor,
I knew I was in trouble when my Son’s started grabbing my M1s,

So a search led to Benellis for all here, fromTurkey to Trap to sporting clays,

Complete takedown is in minutes

The Remingtons haven’t left the house in years,

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Hatfield Semi...
👍👍👍😄😄😄😄

🤣🤣🤣

IC B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by gunzo
The POS M1 Benelli I have has jammed... once at round 13, a reload in a brand new gun. Again at 7000 or so, no damn lube to found, dryer than a popcorn fart, operator error. And again at 13,500 or so. A corn stalk in the action.

It's going to the end with me, an unbelievable semi auto. One of the better gun choices I've made in 40 years & 300+ units.

It's getting a drop or 2 of lube & put in the truck for next Saturday along with an 870 for back up. I won't likely be called on.

That sounds like a good review.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Was one of several gun writers invited to "field test" the then-new Benelli Ethos 12-gauge in 2015 during a week-long shoot in South Africa--which if anything has better wind-shooting than Argentina. (Was in Argentina for the second time a month earlier.)

They were all 12-gauge, 3" chambered models. I shot the gun assigned me for close to 1000 rounds, on mostly hot, dry and dusty days. The only time it failed to function was when somehow a piece of gravel about 1/8" in diameter got inside the action, and when it was removed the gun kept shooting. The gun was never cleaned or lubed during the entire week, and everybody else had similar "luck."

Of course could not do without it, and have had it ever since, using it in conditions from below zero here in Montana to rainy waterfowl hunting in Alberta. Still have never cleaned or lubed it, yet it keeps working fine.

Have shot a lot of gamebirds in various places, with a wide variety of shotguns--alongside a bunch of companions with an equally large variety of guns. But sold my Beretta 390 a few years ago because of the Benelli.

Thanks for the feedback. Does the Ethos have the same action as the M4?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

LOL

No. I'll be happy to hear what you have to say about them. I'll say that so far I'm looking at recoil operated actions. But the Benelli M4 action sounds interesting. I've read up on it but it's difficult to get a handle on what they're saying without having one disassembled in front of me.

It's simple when you look at the inertia action. A heavy coil spring in the bolt compresses when the gun recoils, causing cycling of the action.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Shot A-5 and 1100's for years. Kept clean and properly lubed they work. Same guns -10 degrees in a layout blind or goose pit they get slugish. Moved on to a 11-87 same problem. Moved on to a M1 super 90, super reliable but if it gets cold enough they will get sluggish also just not as quick. O/U shoots twice everytime..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Browning maxus 2 gets really good reviews!

Have friends with benelli sbe 3’s and m2 ‘s that really like them, but they had a few issues with them but to be fair the m2’s are shot daily in a work situation and I couldn’t even guess how many rds have been shot thru them!

IC B3

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell

LOL

It's simple when you look at the inertia action. A heavy coil spring in the bolt compresses when the gun recoils, causing cycling of the action.

That makes sense. I wish they had described it like that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And Beretta bought out Benelli a few years ago. I would guess any of them with the Montefeltro action would be good.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by pete53
owned a lot of semi- auto shotguns as a gun dealer the Winchester Super X-2 or a Berretta 390 seem to jam less and had fewer problems than the rest of a normal shotguns.

This. Benelli are good unless they get dirty or wet. Then you have to go to Wolff Gunsprings and get a stainless bolt spring and a stainless magazine spring.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by cisco1
Hunted with a few guys that shot 1100's. They all jam especially when the doves are flying hot and heavy and the guns get so

hot you cannot touch the metal and the plastic shells start to melt a bit. Yeah, forget the 1100's.

Truth.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Benelli are good unless they get dirty or wet.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Old style Browning A5.

Probably the MOST RELIABLE semi automatic ever.

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Saiga 12 with high brass

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Benelli are good unless they get dirty or wet.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I like my shotguns how I like my women....

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I like 1100s and 1187s

Junk.

And ugly. And heavy. And front heavy.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Old style Browning A5.

Probably the MOST RELIABLE semi automatic ever.

Love em, and shot them for years, but not even close to the reliablity of a benelli - ESPECIALLY in dirty conditions.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

314 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 29aholic, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 43 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,608
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.