S
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Second amendment and Texas in the same sentence....

"Laws That Relate to Carrying a Handgun FAQs

1. I have applied for an LTC. When can I begin carrying my handgun?
You can begin carrying your handgun upon receipt of the physical license.

2. My LTC has expired, and my renewal application is in process. Can I carry a handgun while I am waiting to receive my new license?
No. There is no grace period or extension for an expired LTC, even if your renewal application has been submitted. You must wait until you receive the LTC before you are allowed to carry a handgun."

link of the quoted text...from Texas

Bastion of liberty, freedom, and the 2nd...

/sarc

SArcasm it up your azz.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/training-operations-tod/firearm-carry-act

Firearm Carry Act
Firearm Carry Act of 2021

Updated 09/01/2021

House Bill 1927, enacted as the Firearm Carry Act of 2021, allows individuals who are 21 years of age or older and who can legally possess a firearm to carry a handgun without first obtaining a license. Full language regarding this legislation can be located at 87(R) HB 1927 - Enrolled version (texas.gov).

The Firearm Carry Act takes effect September 1, 2021.

Ummm...congrats?

Only took until 2021...read your fellow Texan's post above, it is pretty good

YMMV

Regards

Like I said when you grow up you can lick the sweat off a Texans balls.

Why is it hard for you to admit that Texas' history re 2nd isn't the greatest?

But do carry on w the childish retorts.

Regards
TX is the only State in the Union that makes it a Felony to carry into a bar. Not carry and consume, just carry.

Well then don't bring your gun into the bar. The number of weapons known to be outside in the parking lots seems to have a decided effect on violence in White neighborhoods.

It is bad enough when our elected officials infringe on our basic rights by banning firearms possession in government buildings, but banning personal carry on private property and inside a private business is beyond the pale and unconstitutional, and to deem personal carry on private property is unconscionable to say the least.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I’ve mentioned this before and I’ll mention it again. When I was a kid handguns were like taboo!!! If you had one you was either an LEO or an outlaw. Rifles and shotguns were everywhere. No issues with them. Remember I had an uncle that got caught with some kind of .38 waaaay back in the day by a state trooper. Was in his car. Thought he was going to Huntsville. Worked for an old rancher from Snyder Tx. Said he had an uncle showed up after several yesrs of cowboying up in the panhandle. Had an old Colt model P in his possession. All were convinced he was a bank robber. All of my old relative and acquaintances stress to us growing up that “you ain’t got no damn business with that thing! You’ll end up in the pen!"

All this started as a result of post civil war reconstruction law in 1870. Temperance, bible belt stuff didn’t help anything either. Throw in prohibition. Then there was the LEO concept by a few back in the day that you had no business with a handgun and they did. Anyone acting otherwise was worthy of a good whoppin. This has always been a wild place. Still is someplaces. Thankful that things have changed. I don’t head no where, especially town these days, without something!

True!

My granddaddy was that way. He found out I'd bought a S&W M15, and asked me "What do you want a pistol for? You gonna rob the bank, or something?" grin

I had to go pick up some parts at my tractor dealer yesterday and got on my way, and realized I'd left my 1911 in my tractor! Felt naked! shocked

Good thing I had an AR15 with me...

That’s the main reason I always carry a spare handgun in the console of my pickup. Usually a Glock 32 in .357 Sig caliber. Lately, it’s been my cheap Tisa Turkish mfg 1911.
And of course, there’s always a AR-15 in the truck too.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/27/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I remember when I was 16 I ended up with a Colt New Service 1917 and 4 boxes of Remington Red box .45 auto rim. $45 total!!! Geeeeezus palomino! You’d thought I kidnapped and murdered the Lindbergh baby!!! Shamed so bad I traded it for a Remington 572 pump 22. Then all was well.

Thats just the way it was

Last edited by kaywoodie; 08/27/22.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I’ve mentioned this before and I’ll mention it again. When I was a kid handguns were like taboo!!! If you had one you was either an LEO or an outlaw. Rifles and shotguns were everywhere. No issues with them. Remember I had an uncle that got caught with some kind of .38 waaaay back in the day by a state trooper. Was in his car. Thought he was going to Huntsville. Worked for an old rancher from Snyder Tx. Said he had an uncle showed up after several yesrs of cowboying up in the panhandle. Had an old Colt model P in his possession. All were convinced he was a bank robber. All of my old relative and acquaintances stress to us growing up that “you ain’t got no damn business with that thing! You’ll end up in the pen!"

All this started as a result of post civil war reconstruction law in 1870. Temperance, bible belt stuff didn’t help anything either. Throw in prohibition. Then there was the LEO concept by a few back in the day that you had no business with a handgun and they did. Anyone acting otherwise was worthy of a good whoppin. This has always been a wild place. Still is someplaces. Thankful that things have changed. I don’t head no where, especially town these days, without something!

True!

My granddaddy was that way. He found out I'd bought a S&W M15, and asked me "What do you want a pistol for? You gonna rob the bank, or something?" grin

I had to go pick up some parts at my tractor dealer yesterday and got on my way, and realized I'd left my 1911 in my tractor! Felt naked! shocked

Good thing I had an AR15 with me...
Hickok45 mentions this from time to time, i.e., that attitude about handguns being common in his youth back in the 1950s and '60s.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well not sure if I agree, private business and private property are owned by a private citizen and said owner just might not want just anybody carrying a gun into his bar knowing that people are going to be high or drunk or both. I think the decision should be up to the property owner. That said if he says it's OK and someone gets shot then is he going to face a lawsuit?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Blackheart

2. My LTC has expired, and my renewal application is in process. Can I carry a handgun while I am waiting to receive my new license?
No. There is no grace period or extension for an expired LTC, even if your renewal application has been submitted. You must wait until you receive the LTC before you are allowed to carry a handgun."

/sarc

SArcasm it up your azz.

Firearm Carry Act

Updated 09/01/2021

House Bill 1927, enacted as the Firearm Carry Act of 2021, allows individuals who are 21 years of age or older and who can legally possess a firearm to carry a handgun without first obtaining a license. Full language regarding this legislation can be located at 87(R) HB 1927 - Enrolled version (texas.gov).

Ummm...congrats?

YMMV

Regards

And that's enough sweat to drown a duck given that it's 115* in the shade for 8 months of the year in that shyt hole.

Well I ain't saying it hasn't been hot but it was only over 100 some 80 days in a row south of Fort Worth this year. But still plenty of sweat. The bars are air conditioned and the women dress lightly for a plus.
LOL ! I was only messin with ya man. Having lived in the North my whole life there's simply no way I could tolerate that heat though.

Well I admit life was easier in Wyoming, like the cold more than the heat. Doesn't matter though, making my stand in Texas.

Dog I rescued in January

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Well not sure if I agree, private business and private property are owned by a private citizen and said owner just might not want just anybody carrying a gun into his bar knowing that people are going to be high or drunk or both. I think the decision should be up to the property owner. That said if he says it's OK and someone gets shot then is he going to face a lawsuit?

I think he was referring to the gov mandating to the private property owner.

Private property owners may do as yhey wish.

Ymmv

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In TN, if a business does not post against carry, they are immune from prosecution resulting from a self defense shooting. All lies on the person pulling the trigger. As LE is NEVER responsible for the production of safety for any individual, we are moving closer to reality in TN, is taking a while though.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

/sarc

SArcasm it up your azz.

Firearm Carry Act

Updated 09/01/2021

Ummm...congrats?

YMMV

Regards

Now now. You're starting to sound nationalist.. and Trumpish..

smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Everyone in my family when i was a kid had a pistol of some kind, my mother had a H&R 32 revolver, my Grandmother had a S&W 38, My Grandfather carried a 45 lc 1873 every day i don't remember ever seeing him with out it. there wasn't any law against open carry, I didn't get my first hand gun till I was about 15-16 yrs old, used Hi-Standard .22 9 shot.no one ever accused us of being Bank robbers or outlaws, Everyone we knew had a rifle or shotgun or a pistol, and carried a belt knife, it was not unusual to see someone on the street in town carrying a long gun or wearing a hand gun. very little crime back then. Rio7

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Fact.

Handguns were considered unworthy of anything but shooting someone in the belly.

Kinda true, considering everyone had a long gun all the time.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

/sarc

SArcasm it up your azz.

Firearm Carry Act

Updated 09/01/2021

Ummm...congrats?

YMMV

Regards

Regards
TX is the only State in the Union that makes it a Felony to carry into a bar. Not carry and consume, just carry.
Do think that stops anyone.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. An age and sex discrimination case had Ruth Bader Ginsburg in front of the supreme court as a young attorney. Seems girls could buy booze at 18 and males had to be 20 or 21. That was just not fair.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I remember when I was 16 I ended up with a Colt New Service 1917 and 4 boxes of Remington Red box .45 auto rim. $45 total!!! Geeeeezus palomino! You’d thought I kidnapped and murdered the Lindbergh baby!!! Shamed so bad I traded it for a Remington 572 pump 22. Then all was well.

I spent my childhood in England, teenage years in NY State, going on forty years in Texas.

The prevalent gun laws become the societal norm. Even my otherwise conservative relatives and friends in England think American gun laws are absolutely bonkers.

In NY State the Cops would arrest me in possession of a handgun today with the same sense of righteousness as they would arrest someone with a kilo of cocaine in the trunk.

The aversion to handguns in Texas musta faded by the 80’s, at least among the motorcycle friends I hung out with, former oilfield roughnecks and the like. Handguns were as common as toaster ovens. I likewise armed myself soon as I became an official Texas resident.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I spent my childhood in England, teenage years in NY State, going on forty years in Texas.

The prevalent gun laws become the societal norm. Even my otherwise conservative relatives and friends in England think American gun laws are absolutely bonkers.

In NY State the Cops would arrest me in possession of a handgun today with the same sense of righteousness as they would arrest someone with a kilo of cocaine in the trunk.

The aversion to handguns in Texas musta faded by the 80’s, at least among the motorcycle friends I hung out with, former oilfield roughnecks and the like. Handguns were as common as toaster ovens. I likewise armed myself soon as I became an official Texas resident.
Yep. In the entire state of New York, handguns are contraband on par with a kilo of coke, absent a state Permit. In NYC, you need a NYC permit, which they only give to folks with pull, celebrities, high government officials, billionaires and the like. Bruen was supposed to force them to change all that, but so far they've doubled down.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I went to High School in Oak Cliff, Dallas's west side. In my world handguns were very common. They sold actual Saturday nite specials under the counters at pool halls, many convenience stores. Heck 7-11 stores sold ammo. 22 shells, 32 special and 38 special for sure. We used to go down in the Trinity river bottoms and blast away with anything we wanted taking care where our bullets ended up, no one cared. This was back in the early seventies.

Dog I rescued in January

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Fact.

Handguns were considered unworthy of anything but shooting someone in the belly.

Kinda true, considering everyone had a long gun all the time.

That’s pretty much what I heard growing up. Only good for one thing and thats why I didn’t need one! 😁

Things have changed a bit now. 😉

Founder

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter

/sarc

SArcasm it up your azz.

Firearm Carry Act

Updated 09/01/2021

Ummm...congrats?

YMMV

Regards

Regards
Do think that stops anyone.

Evidently it makes queers think twice.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
D
Check Michigan

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I was waiting on these two "friends" a long time back at the shop. And one asked to see on of those little Stainless steel Bauer 25 autos with the fake plastic mother of pearl grips. Remember them? LOL. So they are both looking at it and one says in a feminine voice "I think I’m going to buy this!" Other well dressed a dapper looking chap says " oh my! Really??? What on earth for???" To which the other answers, "You know why!!! And if that brute ever accosts me again, I’m going to shoot him right in the balls!!!"

Founder

WS

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.