Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
about our local Beavis and Buttheads ingenuity:

SOUTHERN OREGON, —Law enforcement tells us the illegal marijuana industry is out of hand, in southern Oregon.

Only on NBC5, we’re learning just how profitable the black market is.

The Josephine County Sheriff tells me southern Oregon has been the epicenter of the illegal marijuana industry for the last decade. He says even if all his manpower were shifted specifically to illegal grows, it still wouldn’t be able to tackle the problem.

“We’ve been the epicenter of the marijuana industry here in Josephine, Jackson County in southern Oregon for a decade, two decades, three,” said Sheriff Dave Daniel.

A multi-billion dollar industry and what some law enforcement calls the number one form of revenue for an agricultural crop in the nation.

“It gets distributed to every state in our country is my belief and I think a lot of it comes from Jackson and Josephine Counties,” said Sheriff Daniel.

Josephine County Sheriff Dave Daniel says all summer long his agency has seen 4 to 5 illegal grows a week but says detectives are working hard to make an impact. His team has seized roughly 170,000 plants and about 40,000 pounds of processed marijuana, just this year. But large amounts of the product, he says still gets distributed around the world.

“The money is in the illegal market that’s where they can jack the prices up and ship it out of state to a much more broad consumer base,” said Sheriff Daniel.

Sheriff Daniel says the distribution of the product might go for $300 to $500 dollars a pound on the West Coast. But on the east coast, it might go for $3500 a pound.

“It’s a business, this is truly just a business it just happens to be an illegal one,” said Sheriff Daniel.

Thomas Peterson with Josephine County code enforcement told us earlier this week, the county only has one inspector to deal with illegal grows.

“We’ve been seeing a lot of water theft, a lot of burning of garbage, people living in trailers, disseminating in creeks,” said Peterson.

He says last year over 700 inspections were done in the field. The two say despite the overwhelming amount of work, they’re taking it one day at a time.

“We’re not gonna stop we’re out there we are trying to work for the people we hear your concerns we’re there and we’re going to keep going,” said Peterson.

According to Politico, people from every U.S. State and as many as 20 countries have purchased property in Jackson or Josephine counties for illegal growth.

Locally we can thank our local California and Mexican Transplants for all of this economic windfall.. people living in house trailers but driving 100K Beemer SUVs....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just make it legal they said, and the problem will go away they said, it's a victimless crime they said.....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So it goes...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Just make it legal they said, and the problem will go away they said, it's a victimless crime they said.....

If it was legal nationwide, the black market would collapse. Prohibition is still alive in many places and there is profit to be made.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Squidge

If it was legal nationwide, the black market would collapse. Prohibition is still alive in many places and there is profit to be made.

If there wasn’t demand there wouldn’t be supply.
We have societal problems. Most of it traces back to the collapse of the American traditional family.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain

We have societal problems. Most of it traces back to the collapse of the American traditional family.

Bingo!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Come on, let's be real.
Southern Oregon has been chock full of meth heads and dopers forever.
Oregon is as fugged up as CA. It has been that way for a long time.
I don't think you get to blame this one on CA. Own your own sheit.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I like the part where they mention burning trash and living in trailers on the list of crimes.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by RUM7
Come on, let's be real.
Southern Oregon has been chock full of meth heads and dopers forever.
Oregon is as fugged up as CA. It has been that way for a long time.
I don't think you get to blame this one on CA. Own your own sheit.
Partially true, it started in the late 60s, with California transplants. Now it's a way of life for the offspring, second and third generation! The mexican cartels thing started under Obummer, and was left to flourish. Think no logging and spotted owl times. The low percentage of locals not in the forest. Gave a window to growers, taking advantage of the isolation! As of lately the amount of out of state plates, seem to be midwest, and southern predominantly. The wife keeps a tick list of out of state plates she sees. Keeps her occupied and helps the confusion, this Alzheimer's has on her, while in the car.

Last edited by Heym06; 08/30/22.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Iran is behind it all.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

Only because of Californian transplants?

Had no idea that only California's did drugs.

Kinda like white church goers are all Republicans I guess.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Like invading Afghanistan to control opioids.....and then unleashing it on the citizens?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sure it's the same everywhere pot is legal.

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha!

Only because of Californian transplants?

Had no idea that only California's did drugs.

Kinda like white church goers are all Republicans I guess.
He is talking about the growth in growing. Of course drugs are everywhere, no place is exempt! The Californian pollution of Oregon will always be an excuse, for many being apathetic, in the past. Like hating ones self while blaming others.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Al Capone never got caught for bootlegging. They finally got him on tax evasion. The state of OR is losing mega millions in taxes on this. Are they so stupid that they can't see that paying for enforcement will be more than offset by the tax revenue? Or, to put it another way, how much money is being paid to OR officials to look the other way? Or yet another way...how many OR officials own land where there's no official record of what it's being used for?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That's a lie. Cigarettes are legally available everywhere in the U.S., and there's still an illicit market for them, at least in some places. Illegal moonshine is still produced. With mj, an illicit market will always exist due to (1) a limited number of licenses available and the way those licenses are awarded, (2) level of taxation on the "legal" mj (similar to the illicit cigarette market), and (3) the long history of illegal growing of mj (similar to moonshine).

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Al Capone never got caught for bootlegging. They finally got him on tax evasion. The state of OR is losing mega millions in taxes on this. Are they so stupid that they can't see that paying for enforcement will be more than offset by the tax revenue? Or, to put it another way, how much money is being paid to OR officials to look the other way? Or yet another way...how many OR officials own land where there's no official record of what it's being used for?

exactly! Oregon DemocRatic leaders corrupt?? Naw that would never happen...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And to our California Camperfire members...

This isn't blaming problems on Californians being All Bad. I am not far from the state line and enter your state on a pretty frequent basis...

NOT all Californians are bad people.. in fact far more of rural CA is pretty conservative also...

Unfortunately there are too many of them also that aren't so desirable..

The Big Thing Californians bring to the table on this problem is financing... Californians have money. Most of Oregon's " sit on their ass" class, don't.

So if it was not for CA finance money coming in from out of state, this problem would be far less than what it is...

Jackson and Josephine Counties sit on on the border with CA, and I 5 running right thru both counties...

This crap is a west coast problem, not just an Oregon problem...

and the government corruption of leftists in both states, and also extending up to Washington State is a big contributor to the never ending drug culture we have to deal with...most of my neighbors are CA transplants and retirees.... and are NOT in the recreational pharmaceutical industry.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
As long as they tax and regulate it to get their cut, there will be a black market. Make legal so anyone can grow it, and not need to buy it from someone else.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

378 members (160user, 163bc, 257 mag, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 33 invisible), 1,610 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,867
Posts18,497,418
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.