Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[quote[=M721]This thread doesn’t seem to be getting much attention, but I think not being able to ship through the two major carriers is a really big deal that is going to have major ramifications. Could be wrong, but I can’t see most FFLs wanting to spend much energy helping non FFLs with their shipping issues.

1) What if a firearm needs to be sent to factory with warranty issues. Will their prepaid shipping
labels enable us to use fed ex or ups?

NO. It would defeat the entire purpose. If you could ship it this way, they could ship it directly back to you.
Big No No…

2) Isn’t Gun-Broker going to take a huge drop off in listings if firearms can’t be easily shipped?

Nope, shipper will have to pay an FFL to send it. That’s the purpose double the paper trail.

3) LGSs should do very well with this new set up. We’ll be forced to sell or trade-in firearms
at their stores rather than being able to access a national market. The new market will be
very localized.

The only thing it’s going to do is force people to pay the LGS the transfer fee.
Face to Face where still legal is very active anyway. I know it is here

Am I correct with these musings? What am I missing?[/quote]

Swifty
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Swiftt52, it is legal for anyone to send a gun directly to a gunsmith or factory for repair and sent back to you without going through an FFL

Last edited by jwp475; 09/01/22.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How you going to ship it if the shipping company says fugg you we aren’t accepting it for shipment? Legal or not.

Swifty
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Swifty52
How you going to ship it if the shipping company says fugg you we aren’t accepting it for shipment? Legal or not.

My UPS takes firearms infact they never ask

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
By forcing private sales to go through an FFL the feds will now have access to all those new serial numbers and sellers via 4473 forms. And don't tell me the feds don't keep track.

LOL
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2
By forcing private sales to go through an FFL the feds will now have access to all those new serial numbers and sellers via 4473 forms. And don't tell me the feds don't keep track.
I had to fill out a 4473 for every gun shipped to my dealer?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Won't matter... All their drivers are dropping dead from heat exhaustion right!

Coyotes shot no waiting.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve shipped a long gun to Ruger for warranty work. They shipped it back directly to me. Laws may be different now. This was about 5 to 10 years ago.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, still the same. The last one I sent back I just dropped the box wearing a pre-paid label in a Fedex box and it came back straight to my home a couple of weeks later. When I sent two single shots back to Henry, they provided shipping cartons and prepaid labels. Instead of going to the Customer Service Center 45 minutes away, I just took them to the nearby auto parts store/shipping center and dropped them off. No questions were asked because of the pre-paid labels. Again, the guns came straight back to my home. That may be how warranty situations are handled now. We’ll see.

Remember, this is a business decision by the express companies, not a new law or regulation. It’s all on them. If they escalate and refuse ALL shipment of firearms for political reasons, then we’ll have to figure a way around that. Right now, it looks like mostly an issue of convenience and expense.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This must be pretty recent. I shipped several guns to FFL's using Fedex a few months ago with no problems. Too bad, now you have to have an FFL on your end.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was wrong,no FFL ,no ship guns.You also must be an FFL that had used UPS to ship guns before.

Last edited by Huntz; 09/01/22.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
How long until USPS refuses to ship anything gun related? I’m quite surprised it hasn’t happened yet.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Not long, 30 days maybe.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2022/09/ups-releases-new-woke-rules-for-shipping-firearms/#ixzz7djlAyyzK
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Terms of Service

According to the 2022 UPS Tariff/Terms & Conditions of Service, which went into effect Monday, only licensed dealers, importers, manufacturers and collectors may ship firearms or firearm products or parts via UPS.

3.7.1 Firearms

Packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) and firearm parts that do not constitute firearms as defined by federal law (together, “Firearm Products”) are accepted for transportation only as a contractual service and only from Shippers who are licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code). To transport Packages containing Firearm Products, the Shipper must enter into an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

The Shipper shall comply with and shall ensure that each Shipment containing Firearm Products complies with all federal, state, and local laws applicable to the Shipper, recipient, and Package, including, without limitation, age restrictions.

The Shipper must use Adult Signature Required and Direct Delivery Only services for each Package containing a firearm (including handguns) and affix a label requesting an adult signature upon delivery.
The labeling and outer box markings on all Firearm Products shipments must not identify the contents as containing Firearm Products.
Additional terms and restrictions on the shipment of Firearm Products are contained in the UPS agreement for the
shipment of Firearm Products and at ups.com/firearms, which is incorporated here by reference.

Happy shipping.

Swifty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From my reading of what's on their website, a C&R license would qualify "licensed collector"-- I often buy older guns at auction so having one is a no-brainer for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not long, 30 days maybe.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2022/09/ups-releases-new-woke-rules-for-shipping-firearms/#ixzz7djlAyyzK
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Terms of Service

According to the 2022 UPS Tariff/Terms & Conditions of Service, which went into effect Monday, only licensed dealers, importers, manufacturers and collectors may ship firearms or firearm products or parts via UPS.

3.7.1 Firearms

Packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) and firearm parts that do not constitute firearms as defined by federal law (together, “Firearm Products”) are accepted for transportation only as a contractual service and only from Shippers who are licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code). To transport Packages containing Firearm Products, the Shipper must enter into an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

The Shipper shall comply with and shall ensure that each Shipment containing Firearm Products complies with all federal, state, and local laws applicable to the Shipper, recipient, and Package, including, without limitation, age restrictions.

The Shipper must use Adult Signature Required and Direct Delivery Only services for each Package containing a firearm (including handguns) and affix a label requesting an adult signature upon delivery.
The labeling and outer box markings on all Firearm Products shipments must not identify the contents as containing Firearm Products.
Additional terms and restrictions on the shipment of Firearm Products are contained in the UPS agreement for the
shipment of Firearm Products and at ups.com/firearms, which is incorporated here by reference.

Happy shipping.
Miguel asked about USPS, not UPS. Or are you suggesting USPS will follow suit within 30 days?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You bet cha, JoeBlowsDick won’t pass this up. They want universal BG checks. Also what better way to get data on all those guns sold between 68 and 2002? Ya know those that the 4473 was destroyed after 20 years. After all 50 year old guns might need a repair or 2.

Swifty
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
You bet cha, JoeBlowsDick won’t pass this up. They want universal BG checks. Also what better way to get data on all those guns sold between 68 and 2002? Ya know those that the 4473 was destroyed after 20 years. After all 50 year old guns might need a repair or 2.
BINGO!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,811
Posts18,496,425
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.