Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by thomasconnor
Originally Posted by safarihunter
I recently sold some ammunition and called UPS to inquire about their procedure. I have an account with them. I was told that they only do pick up on those items. They didn't tell me that they charge $35.00 for a pick up. I found it added to my statement.

Are we sure pickup is $35? I googled it and results were a lot less?...Tom

I paid $26 Monday for just the pick up, plus the actual freight...........

Last edited by 160user; 08/31/22.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by antelopedundee
Originally Posted by 160user
So I shipped my first package with them today after the new rules took affect. I can't wrap my head around what they are accomplishing by doing it this way. They still took my package but came to my house to get it rather than me being able to drop it off there. I am not sure what that solves.

Can someone post a link to the new rules?
https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/s...prohibited-items/firearms.page?loc=en_US

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Sounds like it's going to be a need to know basis from now on, and they don't need to know

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ThompsonJ
Sounds like it's going to be a need to know basis from now on, and they don't need to know

What happens when the contents become damaged or lost?

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Dinny

The same thing as before, UPS denies the claim and you're out of pocket.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 24HourCampFireGuy50

The same thing as before, UPS denies the claim and you're out of pocket.
That’s pretty funny! And sadly true.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
So I shipped my first package with them today after the new rules took affect. I can't wrap my head around what they are accomplishing by doing it this way. They still took my package but came to my house to get it rather than me being able to drop it off there. I am not sure what that solves.

They are probably trying to reduce the amount of theft that goes on at their hubs. When they catch a thief, they have to fire them and it is too hard to replace the scumbag. So they try to remove the opportunity.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O

Good lord Nancy. Have you gone through your entire life being afraid?

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
If it's 48 inches long how do you ship???
Phil

Philip S. Leadford
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by candipogo
If it's 48 inches long how do you ship???
Phil
The way the manufacturer did: take down the gun into a barrel set and the stocked receiver.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jerryv

They are probably trying to reduce the amount of theft that goes on at their hubs. When they catch a thief, they have to fire them and it is too hard to replace the scumbag. So they try to remove the opportunity.

Jerry
How is this supposed to reduce theft? Aren't the packages still going to go through the same channels once inside the UPS bowels? I find it odd that UPS rules say there can't be anything on the outside indicating a firearm but the sender has to tell the driver a package contains a firearm at the scheduled pick up. That won't lead to theft...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54

Good lord Nancy. Have you gone through your entire life being afraid?

I hope they lose one of your guns like they did mine! I spent years customizing the Ruger Blackhawk to my likes. If the gunsmith had followed UPS rules there's a great chance it would not have been lost.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17495744/bolo-lost-stolen-guns

Oh yeah, one other thing too, GFY!

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Jerryv

Jerry
How is this supposed to reduce theft? Aren't the packages still going to go through the same channels once inside the UPS bowels? I find it odd that UPS rules say there can't be anything on the outside indicating a firearm but the sender has to tell the driver a package contains a firearm at the scheduled pick up. That won't lead to theft...
Federal law says they are not allowed to mark the package indicating it contains a firearm.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
So I called my UPS HUB to find out what the deal was couldn't even get to talk to a human hung up, went to the post office a half mile from my house shipped a rifle in a hard case in a box for 80.00 bucks it was fairly heavy... to an FFL insured, return receipt, transaction went smooth as silk..
No hand gun shipping through the USPS though

Last edited by Mossyoak1957; 09/04/22.
160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mossyoak1957
So I called my UPS HUB to find out what the deal was couldn't even get to talk to a human hung up, went to the post office a half mile from my house shipped a rifle in a hard case in a box for 80.00 bucks it was fairly heavy... to an FFL insured for $1600 return receipt, transaction went smooth as silk..
No hand gun shipping through the USPS though

USPS is an option for long guns but more expensive. Most that I have shipped UPS were around $35.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For those shipping and receiving in & around the midwest, go with these guys:

https://speedeedelivery.com/

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Amos63, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,382 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,502
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.