Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by irfubar
You can post on the fire all day long with a government job.... so there is that. wink
No worries about getting fired
Well...................................................

sometimes

Obviously brother you weren't doing it right or worked for the wrong gooberment agency.... wink

E V E R Y .................gooberment agency is the wrong one to work for! blush

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I always wanted to be an Executioner, but no State would hire me.

However, I still practice every night!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Yes, on occasion.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Paid with taxpayers $$?
Look in the mirror in the morning and not be guilt ridden?
I’d rather rob banks, there’s more honor in it.

Yes, 31 years 4 months at the county level. Fought fire, saved lives and property. Lots of parts of the job a lot of people here wouldn't or couldn't do. I gladly took the money and the pension.
Do you count career military vets too?

Last edited by smarquez; 08/29/22.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I grew up in Metrol DC area.. Northern Virginia...

although most of my family worked high paying positions in the Federal Government, I knew the answer to your question when I was 12 years old...

HELL NO.. I have my pride...

only time I broke that promise to myself, was twice at Christmas working as a temp for the Post Office.. one in college and one right after getting off active duty that Christmas...

and then the time I spent in uniform. serving my country and serving my fellow veterans as a member of the Medical Corps.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Several years ago, I needed a new roof. My neighbor has a roofing business. He bought a beagle so that he could leave it outside alone. Beagles bark. Lonely beagles bark more. I figure it was best to avoid that kind of dipshidt. I hired a company that did my house in one day. All Hispanic crew. The neighbor's company started roofing my other neighbors house 2 days ago. They aren't 1/4 of the way done. All white crew.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Several years ago, I needed a new roof. My neighbor has a roofing business. He bought a beagle so that he could leave it outside alone. Beagles bark. Lonely beagles bark more. I figure it was best to avoid that kind of dipshidt. I hired a company that did my house in one day. All Hispanic crew. The neighbor's company started roofing my other neighbors house 2 days ago. They aren't 1/4 of the way done. All white crew.

And the guys you paid likely blew the money you paid them on meth and cheap booze, then proceeded to rape and sodomize local gals till they passed out. Then woke up and did it to each other and ate tacos.

MAGA
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

And the guys you paid likely blew the money you paid them on meth and cheap booze, then proceeded to rape and sodomize local gals till they passed out. Then woke up and did it to each other and ate tacos.

Yea, but he got his roof done quick. 🤣

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

All roofers are a little methy if we're being honest...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
This doesn't apply to management positions, but if you are a guy who is good at his trade and takes a govt job, I say great and good for you. The taxpayers get a good trained man probably with a pretty good work ethic, the tradesman gets a good steady wage and bennies. Anything is better than the govt hiring kids and minorities right out of school with no skills or work ethic. Judge the man, not who signs his check.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

Cheap booze, tacos and sodomy…. Makes me want to be a roofer!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
True preverts go straight to concrete.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
True preverts go straight to concrete.

Nah, Sheetrock. Had a drywall hanger tell me his daughter came out to him as lesbian, I said, Damn, what did you say.
He said “Cool! Can I watch?!

He died a few years later drug OD, huge surprise.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Can I watch......................lol

Sick

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hillestadj

I’m not knocking the meth. Been thinking about it myself as a little pickmeup.

MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hillestadj

I’m not knocking the meth. Been thinking about it myself as a little pickmeup.

The money you’ll save on toothpaste and groceries alone makes it worthwhile.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My experience shows that the thieves in private industry and far worse crooks than any govt. employee ever thought of being. That excludes the politicians, clearly. In working the private sector I have had a .357 Magnum revolver pointed at me by the boss's crazy mistress pissed at him. Me? Nothing to do with it. I have seen the DEA and Treasury raid a corrupt business due to crooked practices. I have seen owners go to jail over tax evasion.

Never once did I ever suspect any of my gov't. colleagues or managers of doing such things.

On the other hand, I was never a DOJ or FBI employee.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Z
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Z
Was a police officer for thirty years and would do it all over again. I now work fir the Postal Service (government but not taxpayer funded).

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Zrack656
Was a police officer for thirty years and would do it all over again. I now work fir the Postal Service (government but not taxpayer funded).

What the fuqk you mean, not taxpayer funded? Who the fuqk you think funds the govt? They have to be bailed out about every 2-3 years to the tune of billions.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
It's just flat out wrong for anyone to have a monopoly when it comes to spending our tax dollars.... we deserve a fair market price for ANY work that is done requiring the taxpayer to foot the bill. Unions don't matter as long as they have to compete with everyone else.... If you are good at your job you survive.... if your company provides good value it will prosper and we get the best value for our dollar. ZERO competition breeds non efficiency, laziness ,and entitlement.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (16penny, 1234, 160user, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 1,934 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,886
Posts18,497,845
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.