Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
cvmw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Question, and perhaps I'm just stupid, but I really don't know what the atf means by " without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger"
I just find that rather confusing in the context of a machine gun.
Can someone explain this to this simpleton?

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
George Washington

Willie, smile
Coquille Valley Machine Works
541-260-6246
[email protected]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
They want everyone Confused so that they can twist it anyway they want to make you feel like you did something wrong and give up your Constitutional Rights

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
A single pull of the trigger cause a cartridge to fire resulting in the machine reloading without any other action by the shooter.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
C
cvmw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Doesn't that go without saying, why add the " Manual reloading" ? I don't even believe that possible in something shooting full auto.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
George Washington

Willie, smile
541-260-6246
[email protected]

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Think "jury instructions."

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

C
cvmw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Still can't make sense of it, I'll have to agree with funshooter, it appears to just be a waste of text in order to confuse, it doesn't take that much to confuse the jury pool.

George Washington

Willie, smile
541-260-6246
[email protected]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Have had a 1911 machine gun on me more than once.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Aren't there triggers designed to fire when you pull the trigger it fires like a normal trigger but when you release it the gun fires again. With such a trigger might come closer to full auto than the rectal orifices at the BATFE. I sen more that one ads for what appear to be that type of trigger while cruise various hunter/shooter forums.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by cvmw
Question, and perhaps I'm just stupid, but I really don't know what the atf means by " without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger"
A semi-automatic firearm shall only be allowed to fire one round per trigger activation. No binary trigger that fires round number two on the release. This, I think is their focus.

I believe, you can have a firearm that, for example, fires a round, the bolt holds open, you load another round, then release the bolt (no trigger activation) that fires round two upon the bolt closing... (I visualize something like an AR action without a magazine). . A bolt action could be made to do this type of operation also. (Think Remington 700 slam fire, lol). A WAG as examples that can fire two rounds with one trigger pull that wouldn't be prohibited.

Is manual reloading referring to reloading the firearm or reloading the chamber? I'd think chamber.

Full auto, or burst of fire, would obviously be prohibited. .

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/01/22. Reason: .

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Obviously?
Why should it be obviously prohibited ?
Kenneth

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Doesn't that go without saying, why add the " Manual reloading" ? I don't even believe that possible in something shooting full auto.

Nope. The Ithaca 37 shotguns had mo disconnecter. Meaning, if you kept the trigger squeezed, it would fire as fast as you worked the pump.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Think "jury instructions."

I'm thinking legal definitions written by lawyers who've never fired a gun

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Perhaps Alec Baldwin can answer this.

Let's Go Brandon!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's bogus insanity. Simi Auto rifles like the AR and AK can be made to fire full auto with a nothing more than a rubber band and a stick and still be within the definition of a simi auto. They're trying to make a case for outlawing all simi auto firearms. We need to be rid of that bunch of misfits. It's apparent they are out of control again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Obviously?
Why should it be obviously prohibited ?
Kenneth
High price of ammo

Romans 5:1
C
cvmw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
A semi-automatic firearm shall only be allowed to fire one round per trigger activation. No binary trigger that fires round number two on the release. This, I think is their focus.

I believe, you can have a firearm that, for example, fires a round, the bolt holds open, you load another round, then release the bolt (no trigger activation) that fires round two upon the bolt closing... (I visualize something like an AR action without a magazine). . A bolt action could be made to do this type of operation also. (Think Remington 700 slam fire, lol). A WAG as examples that can fire two rounds with one trigger pull that wouldn't be prohibited.

Is manual reloading referring to reloading the firearm or reloading the chamber? I'd think chamber.

Full auto, or burst of fire, would obviously be prohibited. .
By this definition the forced reset trigger could not be defined as a machine gun, the trigger must be manually activated for each round fired.
It does manually (or mechanically) force the trigger back into your finger so that holding a few pounds of pressure will fire the gun repeatedly, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a single function of the trigger.

Still a bit confused about "without manually reloading"
Meaning automatically reload, as in the bolt picking up a round and rechambering without outside influences?
I know I'm making to much of this, but if it changes the definition above.

Last edited by cvmw; 09/01/22. Reason: Additional remarks.

George Washington

Willie, smile
541-260-6246
[email protected]

C
cvmw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rainshot
It's bogus insanity. Simi Auto rifles like the AR and AK can be made to fire full auto with a nothing more than a rubber band and a stick and still be within the definition of a simi auto. They're trying to make a case for outlawing all simi auto firearms. We need to be rid of that bunch of misfits. It's apparent they are out of control again.
Can't argue with any of that!

George Washington

Willie, smile
541-260-6246
[email protected]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I don't think that's mentioned in the constitution.

C
cvmw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BlueDuck
I don't think that's mentioned in the constitution.
Definitely NOT! I have a copy of it hanging on my wall and we all know what it says and doesn't say.

George Washington

Willie, smile
541-260-6246
[email protected]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Azmarlin39a
Perhaps Alec Baldwin can answer this.

Good one

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 61 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.