Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#17569269 09/01/22
G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Never much of a country fan but his outlaw stuff had me listening. So went to his concert & was ripped off by him being too drunk to have decent show. Had same experience with VH & David Lee Roth. It happens I thought.

But when I saw the headline for this interview I thought I might hear the real story. But all I heard was an arrogant, self entitled AZZHOLE, & more to that effect. JMO, I could be wrong, ?

The interviewer wasn't much, but Hank, what a dick.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Listened to him my whole life once I was old enough to choose my own music. Saw him in concert one time late 90’s, same thing. To hammered to sing shît.

Met him 10-15 years later and he was polite and courteous, but had a reputation with the locals for being a real [bleep].

Edit to add: After watching the whole clip I didn’t think it was that bad lol. Rachel Maddow was kind of a snarky bitch honestly

Last edited by BillyGoatGruff; 09/01/22.

MAGA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
No way Josè!

A super star has a bit of a personality?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I saw him shortly after he cut the "Family Tradition" album. He put on a great show.

Hank's been having some hard times lately. His wife died and his daughter got killed in a car wreck.

It looks like he's not handling it very well.

G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
If he treats others OK on a day to basis that's good to know. Maybe just a problem with the media(who wouldn't) or the interviewer. But damnit man.

Admittedly, I didn't finish the interview, so it could have gone to the lighter side. But I couldn't keep watching to find out.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
His music is fair enough. Wouldn't have had a musical career if not for his dad IMO

Romans 5:1
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunzo
If he treats others OK on a day to basis that's good to know. Maybe just a problem with the media(who wouldn't) or the interviewer. But damnit man.

Admittedly, I didn't finish the interview, so it could have gone to the lighter side. But I couldn't keep watching to find out.

My interaction was a couple minutes, and he was cool. But I’ve heard too many stories to the contrary to offer an opinion. Honestly he’s probably a real dick. But he makes/made some awesome tunes.

MAGA
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Hank Jr is getting a bit on the old side and his head's been cracked open. I enjoyed his music when he was on top of his game.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
His stuff with Kis Rock is good.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I’ve met him several times. Sold him quite a few guns over the years. Always was nice to me. Hank’s just being honest. All he gives a schitt about is music, guns, and hunting. Some folks think he’s an asswhole. He doesn’t suffer Bullschitt, very well. Seems like the interviewer was only interested in the other musicians up on the stage.
It was pretty dumb asking him about his fall in Montana that almost killed him. That’s been well documented. They even made a movie about it.
Guy should have done his homework if he wanted to interview a living legend like Jr.
Seemed to me Hank wanted to talk about what life experience brought about the new album, and being inspired by legendary blues musicians he actually met and knew as a child. I actually thought the interviewer was very disrespectful to Hank.
Also, Hank’s been through a lot the last couple of years. Death of his daughter and his wife too.
Just my opinion, though. And all of his shows I’ve attended were kick ass. Never saw him to drunk to perform.
Like you said, though, it happens. Worst show I ever seen was Willie Nelson. Too damn stoned to even play the guitar. Much less remember the words to his own songs that he wrote and had been singing for 50 + years. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He is definitely an arrogant prick. He is also among the very best writers and also musicians. If one appreciates music, he could overlook the character flaws and just appreciate the music. At least that’s what I do.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Seems to be a bit of a pattern with him.

I caught his show in '86 at Universal Studios. He was an hour-and-a-half late, and came out stumbling on the stage. Way too drunk to perform.

'Course at Universal, you could buy drinks and take them to your seat. So, I was a bit toasted too, after drinking that long. Cost me a small fortune to do it though.

I do have a couple of albums of his, like his music, but sure felt ripped off at the show.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Hank Jr is getting a bit on the old side and his head's been cracked open. I enjoyed his music when he was on top of his game.

Yep. He’s 73 now. Been through a lot of schitt in his life that would have killed or destroyed most men.
And lost his daughter and Wife recently too.
He’s still one of very my favorites. Along with Waylon Jennings, one of his best friends, who, of course is gone now.

I’ll just leave y’all with this one:

[videoz:youtube]
[/video]

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saw him about 15 years ago in Stillwater, Oklahoma. He played about 4 songs with his full band. They packed up and left. He pulled out a guitar. Sat on a stool. And for close to 2 hours just him singing while playing just that one guitar. Great show.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
His music is fair enough. Wouldn't have had a musical career if not for his dad IMO

Bullschitt. He has had more hits than Hank Sr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Yep. Good stuff Roger.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
14 years old

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Saw his son? just a few weeks ago in Nashville
Unfortunately, we have to just like the product and not the producer when it comes to music most times.
From country to pop, the industry destroys people

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I saw him 5 years in a row in the late 80’s-early 90’s. All excellent shows. A time or two, his band stopped and you thought the show was over. Hank would then come back out and do an acoustic set by himself. Then he’d go all around the stage, playing each instrument much better than the folks in his band.

He could play classical music on a piano as well as anyone I’ve ever heard. I always felt I got way more than I laid to see.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (257Bob, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,366
Posts18,527,291
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.