Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Was advised at Academy yesterday that they no longer sell AR's. Walmart also does not, nor do they sell 223 ammo. I have found it difficult to find new 223 bolt rifles in most stores. Will avoid purchasing anything at these retailers with their current policies. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not truly a big box store, but our local Ace Hardware sells the schit out of AR's and most other guns. Pretty large selection too.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Does this count?

??

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Idk. I don’t look for rifles in box stores. Too many wowed policies just to buy a damn gun.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Atwood's, which is a small farm and ranch chain outfit, carries AR's.
They must price it right, because you can seldom find ammo there.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
is Rural King considered a big box store?

https://www.rkguns.com/rifles/ar-15.html

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sportsmans Warehouse sells them

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wal-Mart here does not stock them but you can order one from the Wal-Mart gun catalogue and they will call you when it comes in. Must prepay before they place the order.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Big box stores are run by corporate c unts and I could care less. Not where I would buy an AR from.

I would say for the serious sportsman or gun owner the question is almost irrelevant.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OP must have Ren50 on ignore

How could anyone missed Academy thread trainwreck yesterday covering this

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sportsman's Warehouse sells them here. So does Academy .... I was in there last week.

Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop sell them here.

Dicks quit selling them some time ago ... but they opened their Field & Stream spinoff ... I think maybe those recently closed-down.

It doesn't get anymore big box around here than Palmetto State Armory. They are the 300 pound gorilla around here.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Ace Hardware about 20 minutes from me sells AR’s and has a decent outdoor section. It’s small but packed with a hodgepodge of trapping supplies, hunting equipment, fishing tackle/bait and guns/ammo. Typical old school style store packed with a lot of random stuff to look through.

I bought a Colt AR up in the UP about 10 years ago. The local Walmarts near me never sold them but they used to sell them in the more backwoods parts of the state.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCRooster
Sportsman's Warehouse sells them here. So does Academy .... I was in there last week.

Dicks quit selling them some time ago ... but they opened their Field & Stream spinoff ... I think maybe those recently closed-down.

It doesn't get anymore big box around here than Palmetto State Armory. They are the 300 pound gorilla around here.
I’ve bought a lot of stuff online from PSA over the years most recently Norma .308 Win ammo for $15.00 a box. I bet the stores are pretty cool!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ace here and Runnings. Don't know if they qualify as big box stores. But as big as we have around here.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by SCRooster

I’ve bought a lot of stuff online from PSA over the years most recently Norma .308 Win ammo for $15.00 a box. I bet the stores are pretty cool!

They are ... they are about as good as it gets when it comes to big box stores for sportsmen. They sell a lot of archery stuff and clothing, tree stands, (I think maybe they got out of the fishing stuff) but they sell coolers (mostly Yetis), anything and everything to-do with gun stuff, ammo, shotshells, knives, boots, sunglasses, hats, the list goes on and on.

They're now the largest online dealer of firearms in the world. They carry all lines but I gotta say, their brand label line of ARs, AKs and now the Daggers .... their production facility can't keep-up with demand. It's what everything is built around.

They just bought this massive piece of land over by the airport with a couple of aircraft hangers on it that they're going to produce their own line of ammo-in, or so I've been told that's what they're going-to-do with-it.

Also, I believe Jamin (JJE) bought H&R and AAC Suppressors from Remington so word-is he's going to do something with those. A PSA line of suppressors and .... apparently H&R owned the rights and patent to M1 Garands. He's got a big partnership with Springfield so anything could happen with that ... who knows what he is going-to-do next.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can see them doing something with the AAC suppressors that kind of stagnated after being bought up by Remington.

A new M1 Garand would lose some cool points being it wasn’t a genuine military issue but at a reasonable price would still be something that I would be interested in and make a lot of a sense for a shooter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RicG
Not truly a big box store, but our local Ace Hardware sells the schit out of AR's and most other guns. Pretty large selection too.

The one near here in VA has more guns and ammo and reloading stuff than any gun store in the area. ARs, modern “pistols” galore, all sorts of tacticool stuff. Quite a lot of powder. You have to look pretty hard for regular hunting rifles and shotguns amongst it all.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The market is flooded with AR15s, not hard to find anything right now in my opinion

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Dunham's had several a couple hours ago I don't know if it's a big box store.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 13 invisible), 1,628 guests, and 1,003 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,831
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.