Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MAGA

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

Judge GRANTS Trump's request to have a special master review documents seized in Mar-a-Lago raid - as its revealed FBI agents took medical records from ex-President's home

Judge Aileen Cannon approved Trump's motion to appoint a special master
The independent party would review for attorney client AND executive privilege
Trump lawyers had made the demand in a filing in Florida
Trump-appointed judge said order would not impact intelligence assessment
Justice Department revealed extent of top secret materials found in raid
'Detailed Property Inventory' reveals agents seized ' approximately 11,000 documents and 1,800 other items'
Materials include ‘medical documents, correspondence related to taxes, and accounting information’

A federal judge in Florida has granted Donald Trump's request to have a special master review the documents seized during the raid on Mar-a-Lago – granting a key demand of the former president and tapping the breaks on the government's investigation.

Judge Aileen Cannon approved Trump's motion to appoint a special master 'to review the seized property for personal items and documents and potentially privileged material subject to claims of attorney client and/or executive privilege.'

The Trump-appointed judge also 'temporarily enjoins' the government from 'reviewing and using the seized materials' pending the completion of the review.

That grants Trump and his legal team a side benefit of stalling the fast-moving proceedings that have unfolded since the August 8 FBI search of Mar-a-Lago. Any potential appeal by the government could slow down proceedings even further.

Judge Cannon issued the order in a ruling on Labor Day, after surprising some legal observers with a ruling last Saturday that revealed her temporary inclination to grant Trump's push for a special master.

Trump's team made its initial demand in a filing in federal court in Florida, after another judge ruled to issue a heavily redacted release of the affidavit that helped justify the warrant for the FBI to search the former president's private club.

Judge Aileen Cannon was appointed by Trump and confirmed in 2020

The government responded to Trump's Florida suit with a blistering 36-page filing of and revealed new information about the extent of classified material that agents found at Mar-a-Lago.

They also included an FBI photo of documents marked 'Top Secret' taken from Trump's office spread out on a carpet.

The judge said her order should not impede a classification review or intelligence assessment.

That comes after Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines told two congressional committees she would report to them on the national security documents uncovered at Mar-a-Lago.

The judge told lawyers for Trump and the government to confer and submit a list of possible special master candidates, as well as a schedule for review and compensation.

The judge held back a ruling on Trump's request for return of property taken during the raid.

The FBI seized 33 boxes with over 100 classified records during its raid - and found classified documents stashed in Trump's office, according to the filing.

Some were marked 'TOP SECRET//SCI' with bright yellow borders and one was marked as 'SECRET//SCI' with a rust-colored border.

The government, in its own filings, tore into Trump's request, and said its own taint teams had already nearly completed a review for attorney-client privilege. It also said there was no precedent for a special master to review executive privilege, and argued that the privilege resided with the current executive: President Biden.

‘Upon full consideration of the parties’ arguments and the exceptional circumstances presented, the Court deems the exercise of equitable jurisdiction over this action to be warranted,’ Judge Cannon wrote.

She agreed with the government that there has been no showing of ‘callous disregard for Plaintiff’s constitutional rights’ through the search, which came after months of back-and-forth and following a subpoena for other documents.

But she also cited documents uncovered by a Privilege Review Team that seized materials include ‘medical documents, correspondence related to taxes, and accounting information.’

She said the government acknowledged seizing some personal effects ‘without evidentiary value,’ with ‘upwards of 500 pages of material potentially subject to attorney-client privilege.’

She cited a 'Detailed Property Inventory' where the government said agents seized 'approximately 11,000 documents and 1,800 other items from the office and storage room' at Mar-a-Lago.

Her ruling also cited the risk of government leaks.

'In addition to being deprived of potentially significant personal documents, which alone creates a real harm, Plaintiff faces an unquantifiable potential harm by way of improper disclosure of sensitive information to the public,' she wrote.

The judge also showed a sensitivity to Trump's reputation should he be indicted or even just based on the search of his home.

'As a function of Plaintiff’s former position as President of the United States, the stigma associated with the subject seizure is in a league of its own. A future indictment, based to any degree on property that ought to be returned, would result in reputational harm of a decidedly different order of magnitude,' she wrote.

In one passage the judge noted the 'limits' of her determination, stating that Trump 'may not be entitled to return of much of the seized property or to prevail on his anticipated claims of privilege. That inquiry remains for another day,' she added.

She also rejected a government analogy that Trump's push to get back documents owned by the U.S. government were akin to a drug dealer in a case who pleaded guilty to dealing cocaine, then sought the return of $140,000 seized during a raid.

'Plaintiff has not pled guilty to any crimes; the Government has not clearly explained how Plaintiff’s hands are unclean with respect to the personal materials seized; and in any event, this is not a situation in which there is no room to doubt the immediately apparent incriminating nature of the seized material, as in the case of the sale of cocaine,' she wrote.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...quest.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by deflave
I’d love to get a glance at the other decisions you’ve made in life.

So far, I haven't decided to move to Florida from Montana, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

You’re too lazy and stupid to move.

Defend your choice for President you cross-eyed dumb fugk.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Double secret MAGA!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Coyotes shot no waiting.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
MAGA Ackley Improved.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by DMc
I’d love to get a glance at the other decisions you’ve made in life.

So far, I haven't decided to move to Florida from Montana, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.
Doesn't lessen the fact that you're a mental midget. Move to Haiti puke.

You're a lot closer to Haiti than I am, and since you are already in TX, might not even lower your standard of living.

On the plus side, you might raise the average IQ in both locations.

Something to think about.

You were SF in ‘nam correct?

not even close. and I don't think anyone who knows anything about me has ever stated that, on 24 hr campfire or anywhere else.

Was a simple yes or no. You replied with a maybe.

Fair enough.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"not even close" is a strong no. not sure how you missed that.

so if you read it somewhere, you know the poster is a liar.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
"not even close" is a strong no. not sure how you missed that.

so if you read it somewhere, you know the poster is a liar.

I believe Gruff is thinking of GayGost.

It’s easy to confuse you dumb fugks because you all look and communicate the same.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am the Zeus of MAGA, the MAGA czar.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
You in for some damn fine eatin' fella.

TN style that is.

And "Baptist"???

I thought you pirogi eatin' folks from Chicago land and its environs were Kath O Licks?

I’m not from Chicago you sandal wearing fugk.

I'm thinking more of a suburbs guy, say Elgin or Naperville. (that way they can pretend to not be from Chicago)

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't move to Florida unless out want to be a dinner guest. We cook azzholes well done and season with Chili sauce.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
every day lately I seem to get a little more radicalized.

With the politicized FBI and 87K additional IRS agents, I don't take lightly a president who suggests that if I support a MAGA candidate I am a potential insurrectionist.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KFWA

With the politicized FBI and 87K additional IRS agents, I don't take lightly a president who suggests that if I support a MAGA candidate I am a potential insurrectionist.
Are you MAGA?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
A MAGA with lots of full MAGAzines.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

TN style that is.

And "Baptist"???

I thought you pirogi eatin' folks from Chicago land and its environs were Kath O Licks?

I'm thinking more of a suburbs guy, say Elgin or Naperville. (that way they can pretend to not be from Chicago)

Not even warm.

You gonna explain your pick for President?

LOL

You low IQ fugk.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I am the Zeus of MAGA, the MAGA czar.

That’s pretty MAGA.

SickOfLife probably just peed a little.

LOL

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Are you MAGA?

We will see after the new boosters roll out.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Are you MAGA?

We will see after the new boosters roll out.

no shît

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

TN style that is.

And "Baptist"???

Not even warm.

You gonna explain your pick for President?

LOL

You low IQ fugk.

Oh come on now.....Sycamore is such a nice guy........give it time you'll see.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1minute, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 204guy, 53 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,912
Posts18,498,260
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.