#17573734 09/03/22
S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Gents,
Any pros and cons of a 365 compact with safety.
I just purchased it today. The shop also had a MAX 9 Ruger and it looked like a nice carry pistol also, but the 365 seemed to weigh just a little more and I choose it. This will be my first concealed carry pistol and here in NJ you have to qualify with the pistol you intend to carry. Thought the little extra weight would help recoil.
Thank you all in advance for your time and consideration.
Have a nice weekend.
Semper Fi
Soup

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Truly hard to beat IMO, for a compact carry 9mm.
Accurate, Reliable, easy shooting, and easy to conceal. No cons IMO. Love mine. It’s the non-safety version.

I carry mine with the 12 round magazine with a couple of the 15 rounders as backup mags.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have a compact with a safety. I added the safety and changed the grip frame to a gray with the safety notch. I carry a 12 round mag in the pistol and an extra 10 rounder.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Handle an S&W M&P Shield Plus before buying the Sig.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Any of you carry this appendix?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like mine. It’s my favorite carry gun, 12 rnd magazine.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Soup
Gents,
Any pros and cons of a 365 compact with safety.
I just purchased it today. The shop also had a MAX 9 Ruger and it looked like a nice carry pistol also, but the 365 seemed to weigh just a little more and I choose it. This will be my first concealed carry pistol and here in NJ you have to qualify with the pistol you intend to carry. Thought the little extra weight would help recoil.
Thank you all in advance for your time and consideration.
Have a nice weekend.
Semper Fi
Soup

Cons? As compared to other similar sized pistols? Can't think of any that really matter.

Wait....are they making the 365 rds-ready yet? If not, get the x or xl.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Get rid of the safety. The trigger's the safety.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I just handled the standard X and XL at Bud’s. I plan on carrying it appendix. I’d love to get the XL but it’s a bit too big to be comfortable for me to carry in that position. Im 5’8” 185-190. 34” waist.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I actually prefer the Ruger LC9 (now called the EC9 because it’s lighter and, being a single stack, narrower.

But then I pocket carry.

Didn’t know they had concealed carry licenses available in NJ.

I do believe they don’t allow hollow point handgun ammo in NJ, if so consider Buffalo Bore’s 147grain 9mm Hardcast “Outdoorsman” load.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=155

Don’t worry about the +P rating, they work fine in my LC9, and the Sig 365 is heavier.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Get rid of the safety. The trigger's the safety.
Agreed.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I actually prefer the Ruger LC9 (now called the EC9 because it’s lighter and, being a single stack, narrower.

But then I pocket carry.

I do believe they don’t allow hollow point handgun ammo in NJ, if so consider Buffalo Bore’s 147grain 9mm Hardcast “Outdoorsman” load.

Don’t worry about the +P rating, they work fine in my LC9, and the Sig 365 is heavier.
That's what the they got Tony Soprano for, hollow point ammo in his Beretta 92.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

But then I pocket carry.

Mike, you ought to trade that ole LC9 in on a P-365.
I pocket carry mine quite a bit. And it has a much better trigger than the Ruger. + more than twice the rounds capacity.
And the Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman load feeds just fine in mine.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Mike, you ought to trade that ole LC9 in on a P-365.
I pocket carry mine quite a bit. And it has a much better trigger than the Ruger. + more than twice the rounds capacity.
And the Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman load feeds just fine in mine.

Tks, but I’ve tried the P 365, for me just a tad too heavy and a tad too wide. I especially liked the LC9 with the available nine round magazine, but recently one of my nine end mags has proven unreliable after a couple of hundred rounds in an extended range session Turns out they use the same spring for the nine round and regular seven round magazines, they shouldn’t. Haven’t found an after market spring available.

Here it was with a nine round mag in comparison to a J-frame, just a flat, light portable package, easy to shoot, and 9+1 capacity.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

As Deflave alluded to earlier, that narrow single stack profile makes for a quick and sure grip indexing when drawn in a hurry. I shot it faster and better than I did with the Sig 365.

It was my favorite carry piece until the magazine spring issue became apparent.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Soup,

I was impressed with the accuracy of the P365 (and the Hellcat), should work out well for your qualification.

The only thing that doesn't work well for me is the narrow/flattish grip. Sounds like the Wilson P365 grip is a little wider and the may work better for me.

YMMV,

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've got the plain 365 (not X or XL or anything) without safety. I've handled and shot a number of compact 9's. For me the 365 is the best. The recoil is slightly more noticeable than my other 9's (Beretta 92 and Glock 34) but not to the point that it's detrimental to shooting. I usually say "it shoots like a big gun" and that's how I feel about it. To me, the small size is not detrimental to shooting. I don't see a reason for a safety on it. IMO, this is an IWB pistol. If it's in a properly designed holster there is no need for a safety. If you carry it in a pocket a safety can get knocked off. Any "pocket holster" I've seen or tried seems to exponentially increase the possibility of deployment of your pistol turning into a charlie foxtrot at the worst possible time. If I want to pocket carry I'll carry a 2" SP-101 or a J frame.

i'm also not a big fan of the extended capacity magazines. Again, just my opinion, but the standard size 365 holds enough and doesn't compromise concealment. At the last IDPA match I SO'd, I had to holler "Stop" twice for one individual shooting a 365 with extra capacity magazines for malfunctions that, I believe, were caused by the extra capacity magazines. You can't have it all. I carry a 365 as a last-ditch, can't avoid it, self-defense pistol. If I were going into a situation that would likely turn into a running gun battle I'd carry something else.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cra1948
i'm also not a big fan of the extended capacity magazines. Again, just my opinion, but the standard size 365 holds enough and doesn't compromise concealment. At the last IDPA match I SO'd, I had to holler "Stop" twice for one individual shooting a 365 with extra capacity magazines for malfunctions that, I believe, were caused by the extra capacity magazines.

Never had a problem with OEM higher capacity magazines with the P365.

I question whether the magazine was the issue... particularly if he was running reloads.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by cra1948
I've got the plain 365 (not X or XL or anything) without safety. I've handled and shot a number of compact 9's. For me the 365 is the best. The recoil is slightly more noticeable than my other 9's (Beretta 92 and Glock 34) but not to the point that it's detrimental to shooting. I usually say "it shoots like a big gun" and that's how I feel about it. To me, the small size is not detrimental to shooting. I don't see a reason for a safety on it. IMO, this is an IWB pistol. If it's in a properly designed holster there is no need for a safety. If you carry it in a pocket a safety can get knocked off. Any "pocket holster" I've seen or tried seems to exponentially increase the possibility of deployment of your pistol turning into a charlie foxtrot at the worst possible time. If I want to pocket carry I'll carry a 2" SP-101 or a J frame.

i'm also not a big fan of the extended capacity magazines. Again, just my opinion, but the standard size 365 holds enough and doesn't compromise concealment. At the last IDPA match I SO'd, I had to holler "Stop" twice for one individual shooting a 365 with extra capacity magazines for malfunctions that, I believe, were caused by the extra capacity magazines. You can't have it all. I carry a 365 as a last-ditch, can't avoid it, self-defense pistol. If I were going into a situation that would likely turn into a running gun battle I'd carry something else.

I run Sig 15 rd. magazines and have never had a feeding issue

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've had both the S&W M&P and the Sig P365 and did not like the striker fired guns. My preferred 9mm carry gun is the Sig Sauer P239 even though it's bigger and heavier, I like the decocker over the striker fired guns.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Sig P365 is an excellent pistol. I've been carrying mine for the better part of a year. I have thousands of rounds through it and never had a hiccup.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 56 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,584
Posts18,473,375
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.