Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Gents, how many of you carry a Umbrella Liability Policy in addition to your regular policies, e.g., Homeowners, Auto, etc. and if so, in what amount of coverage are you carrying?

Also, what is your annual premium for the Umbrella Policy?

I carry a 1 million$ (Apologies to Rocky) Umbrella Policy. My premium just went from 490$/yr. to 695$/yr. and I questioned the amount of increase to my Independent Agent to see why as I already have the maximum liability for Homeowners and Auto.

His answer was that most all have increased across the board but that the purchase of my new duck hunting and fishing camp “in Louisiana “ also contributed to the increase. Louisiana is known as a very litigious state.

I got to thinking about the costs versus exposure and started adding up the inclusions for the Mississippi deer camp, Louisiana camp, UTV, Deer camp Jeep, Homeowners, 2 vehicles, 2 boats, farm equipment use, and several more items of use all covered under the Umbrella Policy and maybe it ain’t a bad deal at all .

Wondering what you guys have and the costs for similar.

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image from media1.giphy.com]

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
#TootToot

Old toot needs some fist camp insurance….

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
#TootToot

Old toot needs some fist camp insurance….

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had an umbrella policy a few years back but dropped it once my kids became adults.

Mine was $1M and it was a premium of $270. I assume that was a year, not sure if they did it in 6 month increments.

but in order to get that rate, I had to up my auto insurance to higher minimums which increased the price of my auto insurance, so any savings I got was negated.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
ol toot telling stories again. lol

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Insurance premiums are affected by the 'Market'....

The Ins Co's are required to keep a certain amount of cash/assets on hand, as it were.

Often that 'cash' is invested in the market, when the market is gang busters they reduce the premiums, gaining market share....

When the market is not so good premiums go up....

....so I am told

Last edited by Muffin; 09/06/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don’t even own an umbrellas!

I’m not wealthy and important like toots.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Hell yes I do.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have a 1 million umbrella liability policy that covers auto and home policies. And I added a uninsured motorist clause.
I am not losing my 2 million house in Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii to an accident with an uninsured motorist who sues me. Fthem, make them carry their on insurance.
I don't know what the premiums are, but I will not lose anything.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have carried umbrella coverage for many years.

The idea came about with owning nippy Dalmatians and having my roofing employees out on my personal residence doing yard and farm projects.

Amongst other lapse in coverage.

I pay about $400 a year

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Homeowners, Farm and Ranch, two cars and a truck, atv, concealed carry, and a homeowners. The company I have been with since 1978 started treating me (Mr. No claim) like a cash cow. Went to a local independent and saved 30%. $2000.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thanks gents for your responses.

The Louisiana duck and fishing camp added 22% to what I paid last year just because but the rest was just simple across the board increases. He did say that costs would most likely be the same and stable for several years pending no big claims.

In talking with the Agent about the Umbrella addition he did mention the Umbrella as being a real plus factor in litigation as far as a defendant showing responsibility towards intent to cover all bases.

Again, thanks for the responses.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have carried umbrella coverage for many years.

The idea came about with owning nippy Dalmatians and having my roofing employees out on my personal residence doing yard and farm projects.

Amongst other lapse in coverage.

I pay about $400 a year

That’s a heck of a good rate, Slum.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Papag
Homeowners, Farm and Ranch, two cars and a truck, atv, concealed carry, and a homeowners. The company I have been with since 1978 started treating me (Mr. No claim) like a cash cow. Went to a local independent and saved 30%. $2000.

Papag, my local Independent saved me a bunch of money compared to what I was paying Farm Bureaucrats a few years ago and for better grades of insurance with less deductibles. The total savings paid half of my vehicles insurance costs.

I guess the comparison here could be made with Credit Unions and Banks with Independent Agents versus the big names.

I didn’t think about the concealed carry that you mentioned. I’ll probably regret asking but I’ll ask about that. Thanks for the head jolt.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by HawaiiPD
I have a 1 million umbrella liability policy that covers auto and home policies. And I added a uninsured motorist clause.
I am not losing my 2 million house in Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii to an accident with an uninsured motorist who sues me. Fthem, make them carry their on insurance.
I don't know what the premiums are, but I will not lose anything.

Yessir. Indeed.
For what uninsured motorists costs you can’t afford not to have it.

Jmo

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I carry a 1 million umbrella plus homeowner's, 2 vehicles, dogs. About 2200 a year total. The quote is cheaper with the umbrella policy than without by about $100.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Middlebranch
I carry a 1 million umbrella plus homeowner's, 2 vehicles, dogs. About 2200 a year total. The quote is cheaper with the umbrella policy than without by about $100.

Strange, ain’t it? Multiple discounts maybe?

You did well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Insurance is my biggest living expense

cars, equip, medical, life, homeowners, fire on investment property

All of our mortgages are paid off so none of that ‘pay on time’ escrow bullchit

Those annual and 6 mos premiums are a real kick in the nuts

Makes me sick knowing mfers rolling around not oaying a dime of any type of insurance. Have to keep uninsured for all of the meth motoristas and mexican drunk drivers here.

Pay it all same time about hits with property and fed tax. JFC

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I called my agent about the concealed carry thing. He said that it was presently a non issue and posed no problem or extra cost,,,,as of now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,457
Posts18,471,135
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.