Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
The 62 TTSX are scarce, been looking for some also, 55’s are available

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqks are a HOOT! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The 62 TTSX is certainly Barne's BEST effort. That being said,I muchly prefer the Hornie 75 HPBT less a Can-o-Lure. Hint.

The 75 'Max is simply fhuqking LEGENDARY and the ELD version,even better yet. The 88 ELD is a fhuqking phenom and squarely rates building a rifle around. 22 PPC AFI in a Krunchenticker,same goes a Turnbolt,along with 223 and 223AI,of which I have multiple digits. Hint.

The 90 Beer Can is a BAD Bitch and I've more than a "few" barrels slated to same. Hint.............

I can find the 75’s here. Haven’t seen any 88’s at all in this neighborhood.

Camp is where you make it.
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by hanco
The 62 TTSX are scarce, been looking for some also, 55’s are available

I have a schitload of 55’s. I should be good for a year at least.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I did find some 80’s and 88’s today.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I shot several deer over the summer on control permit with my 223 and Sierra 1365’s. They all died in very short order. I’ve used both 55&60gr hornadys out of 22-250’s and they also worked very well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Currently using 55gr TTSX over 23.5gr H4895. I don't have a chrony so going by the book of about 2988 FPS.
Varget also shot well at 24.0 gr with same bullet. Neither did very well in the accuracy department with 60gr NPT. W

I know there's better powders. Or is there?

Any of the TTSX offerings should be great, although I would shoot for bone hits. The 65gr Sierra SPBT is a good one too, like several have mentioned.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Out of my AR I've been using the 75 grain Speer Gold Dot factory ammo and have had really good luck. Everything has been DRT. Out of my CZ 527 the 50 grain Nosler BT over 25.0 grains of IMR 3031 and the Rem 7-1/2 give me a little over 3200 fps. I haven't shot a deer with this load, but did kill a Spanish goat with it and he folded like a cheap t-shirt. I've killed several hogs with it and the 50 grain Nosler is hell on a pigs brain.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
About 4 years ago I developed a deer load for my 12ga / 223rem combination gun and decided I had to kill a deer with it. The load I settled on was a 55gr Hornady GMX and Varget. I couldn't tell you the velocity because I didn't have a chronograph at the time. I punched a doe tag opening week of firearms season on a fat doe slightly quartering away at a shade over 150yds with the bullet striking just behind the shoulder and the bullet exited through the far side shoulder. The bullet left a fantastic blood trail for such a small bullet and the deer only traveled about 20yds before she piled up. Upon post mortem exam the bullet left a quarter sized entry / exit wound.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah

Note: HINT: You are ignoring this dipschitt Mongoloid... who needs a bath.. and to wash his clothes.. its that time of month again. smile

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have any of you guys tried the Hammer Bullets in your .223 for deer hunting? I have to believe they would work great

Last edited by cooperfan; 09/10/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The 62 TTSX is certainly Barne's BEST effort. That being said,I muchly prefer the Hornie 75 HPBT less a Can-o-Lure. Hint.

The 75 'Max is simply fhuqking LEGENDARY and the ELD version,even better yet. The 88 ELD is a fhuqking phenom and squarely rates building a rifle around. 22 PPC AFI in a Krunchenticker,same goes a Turnbolt,along with 223 and 223AI,of which I have multiple digits. Hint.

The 90 Beer Can is a BAD Bitch and I've more than a "few" barrels slated to same. Hint.............

stick, what twist rate do you need for those 88's? You have me wanting to build a .22 Creed

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
8" will do it in all weather,at Low Tide. Hint.

That being said,I prefer 7" and change,or straight 7",as it will grant 90gr Beer Cans. Hint.

Shefire's Toxicology Report would be a HOOT! Why am I always nekked,when she fixates me? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
HAHA, Shefire

That never gets old. Lol

Thank you

Last edited by cooperfan; 09/10/22.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hey Stumpy knows who likes him, who hates him and who loves him... I don't fall into the third one or the second one...

But the little urchin is the best entertainment value on the www'net...

there are those of us, if we don't rattle his cage periodically, he gets depressed and gets more drunk than usual...
Actually Stumpy can't function unless his Blood Alcohol Level isn't 3 times the legal limit...

His blood is the only one I've ever heard of, if you put a match to it... it will burn...makes a great fire starter if you're out camping with him
and forgot your kindling and fire starter at home...

Beside no one in this world accomplish as much as Stumpy does, with just his two working brain cells...If he wasn't schittfaced all the time,
he would probably be smarter than Einstein... probably even moreso if he knew how to take a bath when he's 12 sheets to the wind...
he's the only guy I know who starts a bath with kerosene, just to break down the rough stuff.... then uses brake clean to clean off the kerosene... and then dish detergent to clean off the Brake Clean... and then Right Guard so he smells as fresh as a Puerto Rican going out on his first date with the Gay Guy next door...

Heck Stumpy would be a welcome guest anytime at my place... In fact I put a lamp, Cable TV, and a bed in the expanded Out House, so he'd feel at home if he ever dropped by... Heck we even put in a pound off the creek that runs by the house, so he has somewhere to clean his guns just like home on PoW Island.... Heck the neighbor even has a sheep, in case Stumpy got horny while he was here for a visit....how's that for rolling out the red carpet for a campfire member from Alaska?

When ever you're in Minnesota, give me a hollar Stumpy...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by cooperfan
HAHA, Shefire

That never gets old. Lol

Thank you

That is all Stumpy can come up with, running on those two brain cells and a 5th of Jack in his system, along with the cocaine...

if he was sober, I bet he'd come up with something a lot better....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

GREAT time to quantify how many times a day you think about me and the duration(s) of same...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

'Nother 7" RPM Speedmire for you to DREAM about. Hint.

Kudos on being a Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk,as well as a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
Hey Stumpy knows who likes him, who hates him and who loves him... I don't fall into the third one or the second one...

there are those of us, if we don't rattle his cage periodically, he gets depressed and gets more drunk than usual...
Actually Stumpy can't function unless his Blood Alcohol Level isn't 3 times the legal limit...

His blood is the only one I've ever heard of, if you put a match to it... it will burn...makes a great fire starter if you're out camping with him

Beside no one in this world accomplish as much as Stumpy does, with just his two working brain cells...If he wasn't schittfaced all the time,
he would probably be smarter than Einstein... probably even moreso if he knew how to take a bath when he's 12 sheets to the wind...
he's the only guy I know who starts a bath with kerosene, just to break down the rough stuff.... then uses brake clean to clean off the kerosene... and then dish detergent to clean off the Brake Clean... and then Right Guard so he smells as fresh as a Puerto Rican going out on his first date with the Gay Guy next door...

Heck Stumpy would be a welcome guest anytime at my place... In fact I put a lamp, Cable TV, and a bed in the expanded Out House, so he'd feel at home if he ever dropped by... Heck we even put in a pound off the creek that runs by the house, so he has somewhere to clean his guns just like home on PoW Island.... Heck the neighbor even has a sheep, in case Stumpy got horny while he was here for a visit....how's that for rolling out the red carpet for a campfire member from Alaska?

DUDE!

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by scottishkat

DUDE!

You moved to MN? Last week it was OR.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by scottishkat

DUDE!

You moved to MN? Last week it was OR.

Triple residence..... OR, MN, VA. and in between... smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,928
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.