Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stxhunter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Go Granny... Go Granny... Go Granny GO!...

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is a picture of Nick Mason of Pink Floyd and the queen looking at the engine of his Ferrari 250

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
There is a picture of Nick Mason of Pink Floyd and the queen looking at the engine of his Ferrari 250

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by persiandog

Thanks Ol Buddy………she always drove stick I heard. Mechanical person.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by persiandog

I Say, Nicky Ol Boy... A spot more Timing and lean out these Carbs and she'll be running good as New!...

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 09/09/22.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She was a car nut, and a collector..

This is her 1966 Aston Martin DB6.
Doubtful any chauffeur ever sat in the driver's seat, she drove these cars.
[Linked Image from static1.hotcarsimages.com]

She had this Imperial Midget Racer built to give to Prince Charles on his 7th birthday, who's mom thinks like that!
[Linked Image from static1.hotcarsimages.com]

Here are a dozen she had auctioned off in 2016.
[Linked Image from mms.businesswire.com]

Auction List

Here is another 25 'Crown Jewels' from her collection.

https://www.hotcars.com/25-rare-classic-cars-owned-by-queen-elizabeth-ii/

[Linked Image from static1.hotcarsimages.com]1948 Daimler DE

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Great pictures!

With her passing it feels like the end of an era, when people were focused on handling their responsibilities and obligations with grace and determination.

These days it's all about , MY hurt feelings and look at MY selfie pics but don't ask me to care about anything but ME.

It makes me nauseous sick I'm not optimistic for the next generation being able to deal with life...

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
She had a helluva lot more intelligence, tact and dignity than the POS running our country....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
A lot of the Royals can't handle the discipline and structure that's expected of them and opt out. Queen Elizabeth's Uncle, Edward lasted less than a year as King before he abdicated the throne and bailed.

Queen Elizabeth took it on at a young age and maintained it for her whole life. Obviously, it provided her with an opulent life. But she would have had that anyway.

I respect her for having the discipline to maintain the tradition in such a classy manner. The position has a lot of perks to say the least. But it also requires a type of sacrifice that very few people will experience.

Well put.

+1

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
She was in Kenya when she learned her father had died, making her the Queen. Hunting was about the only reason to go to Kenya back then. I figure she was probably on a shooting trip. Hunting was still legal in Kenya in those days...........

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
She was in Kenya when she learned her father had died, making her the Queen. Hunting was about the only reason to go to Kenya back then. I figure she was probably on a shooting trip. Hunting was still legal in Kenya in those days...........

She loved pheasant hunting as well and was a good shot when she was young. The Queens Sandringham estate was a favored place for that and you cannot imagine the number and sheer beauty of the guns kept in the Royal gun vault/room there.
Next to the Royal jewels kept in London it’s the most incredible man made collection of anything I’ve ever seen.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Queen Elizabeth had a lot of diginity, she stayed in her lane , did not get involved in a lot of stupid crap.

Unlike her children, who can never be of any consequence .

She was very interesting , enjoyed a lot of outdoor sports that would be the envy of a lot on here.

May she rest in peace, she well earned it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JoeBob
That old lady could shoot both rifle and shotgun better thank most on this board and she could definitely ride a horse better than almost anyone you know.

I imagine if she could have, she would have rather been some moderately well off country gentry than a queen, but God had other plans. For someone who was not born to be queen and only ruled by accident of history, she did a good job as far as anyone can tell. Any parent should know better than to criticize her for the actions of her children. Many of us have done far worse with far fewer challenges. In any case, good or bad, she is gone on to her reward now.

Seems like she was raised by some pretty good people. I watched the movie Darkest Hour recently about Winston Churchill and they portrayed her Father (the King) did not like Churchill at all as a person, but he was open minded enough to come to respect Churchill's ideals and backed him anyway...Not like the insane people today running our country and controlling the media that want nothing to do with working with the other side of the aisle to make the country better..

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

170 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 12344mag, 219DW, 007FJ, 13 invisible), 1,389 guests, and 900 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,870
Posts18,478,702
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.