Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Gotta do something with them.

Same deal with ghettos.

Hey we are cuzzins to or is it uncle?

After the crack about the western Alaskan villages being worse than Browning?

I am MAGA.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The Blackfoot is a sad state of affairs, could be a damn nice place.

The rez’s I drove through in New Mexico were worse by quite a bit though

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
New manufactured housing at Duck Valley with a hole cut in the floor so a fire could get built

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Indians have been chit on since ol white eyes landed on this continent. Feds just ramped up the chitting on them after the civil war. They say the confederacy took better care of the Indian than the u.s government. Anywho then late 1890’s the boarding schools started turn that savage into a proper savage. Geronimo died as a prisoner of war etc it goes on and on. Then in the 70’s ol federally decided to tie the tubes of native gals without telling them you know it was for their own good.. tribal governments some of the most corrupt in the world.. family name means more than competence. If you are from a family that low on the totem pole (no pun intended) you will never go anywhere on the Rez..

Last edited by 79S; 09/09/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Gotta do something with them.

Same deal with ghettos.

Hey we are cuzzins to or is it uncle?

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
To read an unvarnished rendition of life on a Montana reservation in the good old days before political correctness, get a copy of Stay Away Joe by Dan Cushman. Owning a copy will get you cancelled.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
Indians have been chit on since ol white eyes landed on this continent. Feds just ramped up the chitting on them after the civil war. They say the confederacy took better care of the Indian than the u.s government. Anywho then late 1890’s the boarding schools started turn that savage into a proper savage. Geronimo died as a prisoner of war etc it goes on and on. Then in the 70’s ol federally decided to tie the tubes of native gals without telling them you know it was for their own good.. tribal governments some of the most corrupt in the world.. family name means more than competence. If you are from a family that low on the totem pole (no pun intended) you will never go anywhere on the Rez..

Geronimo did not die as a prisoner of war. For what it's worth Indians have always done a pretty good job of raping, robbing and pillaging each other long before "ol white eyes" landed on these shores. Indians didn't spare white settlers from any of that cruel and savage treatment they imposed on each other either. It could be a brutal frontier for any peoples trying to make a living on it.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
That's a hell of a lot closer than the rest of the bullshit about natives on the last 4 pages..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It never ceases to amaze me how little people will survive on when that little is free.

Politics is War by Other Means
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by 79S

Geronimo did not die as a prisoner of war. For what it's worth Indians have always done a pretty good job of raping, robbing and pillaging each other long before "ol white eyes" landed on these shores. Indians didn't spare white settlers from any of that cruel and savage treatment they imposed on each other either. It could be a brutal frontier for any peoples trying to make a living on it.

in my community up in Arizona our School District use to be Peach Springs.
We had one of our Residence go to enroll his little girl into Elementary School in the Peach Springs District (Res. District) as was required.
He sat down with his little girl waiting to see the an administrator.
When they were taken in to enroll her the staff told the guy that he should not choose this school for his daughter.
He told them that this was the District that he was told he had to send his little girl.

The Staff member told him that she was the wrong color that she was a blond hair white girl and the other kids would Kill Her.

This District when this all happened had over 20 some odd administrators making over $100K each for 11 kids.

The guy had to fight and go to court to get his kid into the Kingman School District which by road was closer than Peach Springs.

We have a lot of Home Schooled kids in our Comunity

Last edited by funshooter; 09/09/22.
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by 79S

Oh ok so he just chose to stay in Oklahoma? Got it..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
That's a hell of a lot closer than the rest of the bullshit about natives on the last 4 pages..mb

What bull chit? The Rez are chitholes?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I worked in a psych hospital in Boise that had a contract with the state of Alaska to long term treat some of their kids. The stuff those native kids went through was horrific. Lots of abuse and then our leftist psychiatrist would pump them so full of Haldol and other stuff they couldn't do more than sit and drool on themselves. I had a crappy youth but these kids had been through hell..

Bb

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

They got a serial killer, what they do about it is another matter.
Bet it is someone known in a position of trust of some way.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Our church has done some mission trips to Indian reservations over the years. Lots of strange circumstances on those places.

Back in the day, I wired 3 firestations on 3 different reservations.
The state wouldn't them be hooked up without an inspection - and the co-ops weren't going against the state.
I wound up getting the Governors of each reservation to "invite" a state inspector on the rez, with the proviso that ONLY the firestation could be inspected.
Big pizzin' contest, for a while, there.
But, I couldn't get paid - 'til it all worked!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let’s not forget the American Indians were not recognized as U.S citizens until ????? Anyone care to guess?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50

They got a serial killer, what they do about it is another matter.
Bet it is someone known in a position of trust of some way.

Hit it right on the head.. could be anyone doing it as well. That reservation doesn’t have a tribal police. Their cops are BIA cops up until recently it sounds like they had 6 BIA cops. Now they seem to be upto 18 bia cops.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I live right next to a Rez and know quite a few Natives. Decent community compared to the rough ones described here. But it has some of the same problems as many others, if you look. Since I don't hang out in rez bars, the Natives I'm around, through work and such, are pretty decent folk. No better or worse than other people.

One thing that strikes me though is Natives don't often have the same goals as whites and never seem to get in a hurry to do things or worry much about the future. Pretty laid back.

Another thing is the in-fighting. You'd think they would have a stick-together mentality, but they don't at all. The bad ones sure seem to pull the ones with some potential back in.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 79S

California had a law on the books that allowed for indentured servitude of any Indian declared vagrant. Signed into law 1850 IIRC. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that's how my Great Great Grandfather hooked up with my Great Great Grandmother.

As a kid the Round Valley Reservation and Hoopa Reservations were known as pretty rough places for a white to be caught after dark, but with logging going full bore a lot of the males worked in the woods and I don't remember either of them being ghetto like.

I'm a 1/4 Indian and going to a mostly white school we were always known as Indian kids. Never had any problems because of it though.

Oh and 1924.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Our church has done some mission trips to Indian reservations over the years. Lots of strange circumstances on those places.

Back in the day, I wired 3 firestations on 3 different reservations.
The state wouldn't them be hooked up without an inspection - and the co-ops weren't going against the state.
I wound up getting the Governors of each reservation to "invite" a state inspector on the rez, with the proviso that ONLY the firestation could be inspected.
Big pizzin' contest, for a while, there.
But, I couldn't get paid - 'til it all worked!

Did they have a restroom? That would mean you wired a head for a reservation (old joke) 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (257_X_50, 21, 2ndwind, 41rem, 10 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,015
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.