Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17591755 09/09/22
H
Heym06 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I know lots of campfire guys are into old cars. Where would you list one to sell? I'm thinking of down sizing.

Last edited by Heym06; 09/09/22.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hemmings Motor News.

hemmings.com

Watcha' got for sale?

Last edited by High_Noon; 09/09/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Hemmings Motor News.

hemmings.com

Watcha' got for sale?

What he said.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Mainly depends on brand of car. Most are pretty loyal to one or a few brands, and knowing the brand gives better suggestions for selling, IMHO.

Any Mopar drivers ?

Getting to the age of buying a driver vs a long project.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
down sizing?

you rollin' in a ford econoline?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

H
Heym06 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Hemmings Motor News.

hemmings.com

Watcha' got for sale?
1952 customline coupe, original except for the front seat. 239V8 flathead. Runs and drives ect...Not restored. I got it a few years ago, thinking my grandsons would like to have it for a high school project! They lost interest. I'm insuring 6 other cars and pickups. Thanks for the Hemmings input. I have lots of parts for it also. Windshield, rear window, extra original am that works. Things like that!

H
Heym06 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
down sizing?

Chevy van, with green shag, and black lights!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck with the sale.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Heym06
down sizing?

D A M N cool

I've dreamed of having a Chevy Van like yours.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Heym06
down sizing?

javascript:quickReply(17591815,1,0)

a-team color?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Downsizing - understood - I have sold eight old trucks in the past four years. Each 50+ more years old - one a 1952 Mack.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Most of those were sold before we moved from NM to AZ, so selling from a remote mountain site was a challenge.

Advertised the first one online at the ATHS site - sold in two days to a fellow in South Carolina. All of the others were advertised only on Craigslist - sold every one within three days of placing ad - four of them the next day and one the same day. Some of them went quite far away. Interested parties from all over the US and some from Canada know how to do quick searches of Craigslist nationwide, and especially search where weather/climate is kind to vehicles.

Just sold a very unique 1970 GMC - went onto Craigslist Tucson at night - buyer called from Minnesota the next AM. Purchased the next day. I will really miss that one.

Have a few more - one at a time.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Craigslist and Bring-A-Trailer.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I post stuff on Fakebook marketplace...

Super easy and very surprising the reach...

NEVER admit you sold anything or you will get a 1099 (maybe)... After it sells, edit the price to insane and folks will stop PMing

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CCCC
1952 Mack.

That is a nice piece right there...

A good friend collects Brockways.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Downsizing - understood - I have sold eight old trucks in the past four years. Each 50+ more years old - one a 1952 Mack.

Most of those were sold before we moved from NM to AZ, so selling from a remote mountain site was a challenge.

Advertised the first one online at the ATHS site - sold in two days to a fellow in South Carolina. All of the others were advertised only on Craigslist - sold every one within three days of placing ad - four of them the next day and one the same day. Some of them went quite far away. Interested parties from all over the US and some from Canada know how to do quick searches of Craigslist nationwide, and especially search where weather/climate is kind to vehicles.

Just sold a very unique 1970 GMC - went onto Craigslist Tucson at night - buyer called from Minnesota the next AM. Purchased the next day. I will really miss that one.

I’ve enjoyed the pics you’ve posted over the years. Some beautiful trucks.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
H
Heym06 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I'm going to post local first. If it doesn't sell quick, maybe I can swap it for something ! Traded a honda civic for a steer last year! Honda is behind the guys garage. And the steer turned into a turd, go figure!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good luck with the sale.

Popped your balloon fast.

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

Whatcha gonna camp in, now, Paul?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Whatcha gonna camp in, now, Paul?
Yes, Mark, that has been a fun and very handy/practical light camping combo. Don't know yet what to do - I'm thinking. Maybe I will put together a nice compact camper in a utility trailer - something like the one Blue brought to Armijo Springs. That one was very well done.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Winchester21
Craigslist and Bring-A-Trailer.
Well, maybe Bring A Trailer - but that outfit "curates" according to the description of what you send in to auction. Yes - "curate: - as with the folks at art galleries do when deciding what to display, etc.

BAT does reject vehicles for auction - "does not meet the standards/criteria we have set for our auction".

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,562
Posts18,491,797
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.