-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I took heavy equipment mechanic at a votech school my junior and senior year. My instructor set me up with a job in my senior year working with a company on semis and garbage trucks.

In the 24 years in the field, I made good money. Doing good now so now I'm in my midlife crisis job (for the last 9 years) building Allison transmissions.

I really don't regret any of it. Plus, no college loans

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I took oxy-acetylene torch and arc welding, and small engine repair in the eleventh grade. Hated that schit. Bored me to death. Can’t imagine havin’ to do it for a livin’.

I’m glad I went to college and got my degree in the field that I did. I was fortunate. My work challenges me every day, still.

To each his own.

Pros and cons to pretty much everything in life.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by mark shubert
The child labor laws seem designed to make sure kids leave school with NO hands-on knowledge.

I have had a job since I was 8 years old doing various thing
In High School I was welding up stands for the free ads they have out side of stores
At the time they were called Magic Ads.
I went after school and some times I would work until 2am.

No one ever told me about Child Labor Laws

The IRS shut my worm business down when I was around 11 or 12.
I made $2000 in a summer with that business and that was in the early early 70s where money was worth something.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The local HS is very serious about getting the kids that want a technical job, placed in the right classes by 9-10th grade.
Concentrating on getting the classes that'll prepare them for their career choice.

They have a big push to get kids involved with SkillsUSA and competing/connecting with businesses in the trades that also go to the competitions. Local, regional and national.

They also give students class credit for working as apprentices at the local auto shops, modular home construction, farms, welding shops etc instead of sitting in classes.

Get the grades to show you're serious and they'll work to get you started in a career.

Sit on your hands and get left behind.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I am taking a welding class in adult school and the teachers aids are all HS students. She has a few that competed statewide and scored very well in stick, mig and tig. These kids get to burn a lot of metal. Some have gone on to real jobs making real money. I'm sure they could get pipe/construction certs after high school since they are offered everywhere here. I'm sure they can get more specialized training to work in aerospace too. It's probably more of a lift in life than these kids realize since this particular school district is pretty ghetto.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by smarquez
I am taking a welding class in adult school and the teachers aids are all HS students. She has a few that competed statewide and scored very well in stick, mig and tig. These kids get to burn a lot of metal. Some have gone on to real jobs making real money. I'm sure they could get pipe/construction certs after high school since they are offered everywhere here. I'm sure they can get more specialized training to work in aerospace too. It's probably more of a lift in life than these kids realize since this particular school district is pretty ghetto.

I have a Friend that has been approached several times to help Colton School District get the Tech. Trade classes started back up.
He was an instructor at CET and Summit both in Colton
This was several years ago and they could not get past the Legal red tape and Insurance Co.

He was approached by UEI and tried getting me in there and the BS that UEI put both of us threw was to much for both of us.
I called him the day I had had enough and told them to stick it.
And He told me that he was in the middle of an Interview with them and got up and walked out after telling them to Shove it where the Sun Never Shines (same day for both of us)

It is Sad that Administrators can not get along with the guys that really know how to teach these programs,
They bring way to many politics into the programs and schools.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I hired a 19yr old gal the other day and she'll start at $100K+ a year,with 6 months of vacation. She'll be making $150K+ in a couple years,with huge benefits. Hint.............

Oh ya such a great decision!!! 👊🏻😂😂

She’s gonna waste a day before/after her hitch tramping around airports to get home, airfare, be stuck with a camp full of culls on the slope trying to fuuck her constantly, won’t be able to have a normal family life due to being stuck at camp 2-3 weeks at a time, ya great “career” you ignorant dummy!! Haha SMH

Oh, fuucking laughing……….

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is fascinatingly HILARIOUS,that those who can't begin to make it in the Private Sector,"live" so VERY vicariously and extoll their very WELL founded Insecurities,at every opportunity. Hint.

The kid lives local and the flights are of course free. On top of that gratis arrangement,one retains the accrued mileage for same. As to "languishing" in "commute",that is fhuqking FUNNY,as per the stopwatch and Bank Account. Hint.

If a 19yr old is "stuck" making $100,000+ a year,with 26wks of Vacation annually and exceptional benefits,paving the course for THE brightest of horizons,they can certainly leave. "Oddly" enough,that don't happen. Hint.

Brokedick Crying Kchunts tend to Fantasize that they "could too" and that ain't where Reality happens. Hint.

Much to the their chagrin. Hint.......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I couldn't do the time away from home. And I don't even have kids.

Much rather make less money and live where I live.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It is fascinatingly HILARIOUS,that those who can't begin to make it in the Private Sector,"live" so VERY vicariously and extoll their very WELL founded Insecurities,at every opportunity. Hint.

The kid lives local and the flights are of course free. On top of that gratis arrangement,one retains the accrued mileage for same. As to "languishing" in "commute",that is fhuqking FUNNY,as per the stopwatch and Bank Account. Hint.

If a 19yr old is "stuck" making $100,000+ a year,with 26wks of Vacation annually and exceptional benefits,paving the course for THE brightest of horizons,they can certainly leave. "Oddly" enough,that don't happen. Hint.

Brokedick Crying Kchunts tend to Fantasize that they "could too" and that ain't where Reality happens. Hint.

Much to the their chagrin. Hint.......................

Great career choice, she won’t last a year you stupid fuuck. You think she might want a family? Great career choice for raising a family!! You know that you moronic dummy..

Fuucking laughing…..

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

The last gal I hired,of the same age and experience,simply CRUSHED her career. She was $175K+ quick,banked the means and left after the Company paid out their last $75K bonus to all 3000+ employees. She's due in a bit and her family frets nothing fiscal,though same consumes you. The next $75K bonus to all,probably ain't gonna suck either,but if it do I'll tell you. Hint. LAUGHING!

I realize you need to borrow the numbers,to formulate your bitching,as you can't even begin to Dream upon said scale. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Liar Larry, money grew on trees while you cut, you make “doctors wages “😂 now, you have a worn out piece of shiit truck,(4) broke down boats in your yard, along with a broken treadmill and ladder’s 😂😂, a shiity shack for a house, do no traveling or hunting in your home state, and have a pile of shiit riggin. Either you’re the lyingest mother fuucker on the www or the dumbest fuucker on the www. I tend to think both!! Haha

Now tell the www how the “slope” career and marriage/family life works out you dumbfuuck!!

Fuucking laughing….

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jud, homegrown sirloin is about to hit the grill while us humans hang out with the dogs.

Being home never sucks.....lol

Cheers brother!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Haha, ya, it has its benefits brother Samuel!👊🏻

Cheers back atcha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CryingKaren,

Pardon my not being "WOKE",though you partake mightily...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep extolling them WELL founded Insecurities,as you think about me constantly and hate yourself for good reason(s). Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for trying though!

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Liar Larry, just quit being a bitch and lying, and I’ll quit rubbing your hog neck in your negative flippant bullshiit. Pinky promise 😘

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Disregard...

Last edited by CashisKing; 09/10/22. Reason: bad link

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

It is simply fhuqking FASCINATING,that your "life" has never generated a 19yr old girl's opportunity,as you wax eloquent upon your Brokedicktitude...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Wait til you have kids, it’ll look like one hell of an opportunity!

Last edited by jackmountain; 09/10/22.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 60 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.