Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I carry a Master Degree in Architecture from a top 5 program (at the time). Yale, MIT, Virginia Tech, Harvard, Cornell all jockey-ed for #1 at the time.

I have done FAR BETTER with trades... than I ever did with paper.

Having a plan... TRUMPS EVERYTHING!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by smarquez
I am taking a welding class in adult school and the teachers aids are all HS students. She has a few that competed statewide and scored very well in stick, mig and tig. These kids get to burn a lot of metal. Some have gone on to real jobs making real money. I'm sure they could get pipe/construction certs after high school since they are offered everywhere here. I'm sure they can get more specialized training to work in aerospace too. It's probably more of a lift in life than these kids realize since this particular school district is pretty ghetto.

I have a Friend that has been approached several times to help Colton School District get the Tech. Trade classes started back up.
He was an instructor at CET and Summit both in Colton
This was several years ago and they could not get past the Legal red tape and Insurance Co.

He was approached by UEI and tried getting me in there and the BS that UEI put both of us threw was to much for both of us.
I called him the day I had had enough and told them to stick it.
And He told me that he was in the middle of an Interview with them and got up and walked out after telling them to Shove it where the Sun Never Shines (same day for both of us)

It is Sad that Administrators can not get along with the guys that really know how to teach these programs,
They bring way to many politics into the programs and schools.
I'm right up the road in Upland at Chaffey High. My instructor is a woman that busts her ass. She teaches regular welding classes, ROP and then adults. Monday is a long day for here. I don't know how she got in there but she basically built the program they have and it is very popular.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I am taking a welding class in adult school and the teachers aids are all HS students. She has a few that competed statewide and scored very well in stick, mig and tig. These kids get to burn a lot of metal. Some have gone on to real jobs making real money. I'm sure they could get pipe/construction certs after high school since they are offered everywhere here. I'm sure they can get more specialized training to work in aerospace too. It's probably more of a lift in life than these kids realize since this particular school district is pretty ghetto.

I have a Friend that has been approached several times to help Colton School District get the Tech. Trade classes started back up.
This was several years ago and they could not get past the Legal red tape and Insurance Co.

He was approached by UEI and tried getting me in there and the BS that UEI put both of us threw was to much for both of us.
And He told me that he was in the middle of an Interview with them and got up and walked out after telling them to Shove it where the Sun Never Shines (same day for both of us)

It is Sad that Administrators can not get along with the guys that really know how to teach these programs,
I'm right up the road in Upland at Chaffey High. My instructor is a woman that busts her ass. She teaches regular welding classes, ROP and then adults. Monday is a long day for here. I don't know how she got in there but she basically built the program they have and it is very popular.

They need to get more Schools involved with the Tech. Programs and they would have less Drop Outs if they did.

A hard Working Teacher that Cares makes a Huge difference

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Beautiful stuff!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’ve welded a lot, AC line, gas lines, fire lines. I don’t know if I’d want to do that for a living. It’s hot in the summer, cold in the winter. If it was part of another trade, like plumbing or pipefitting, it isn’t so bad. It is nice to know to build things you want, deer stand frames, trailers, bbq pits, etc. I like doing it, but all day, every day for a lifetime, don’t think so. That just my opinion on being a welder.

IC B2

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 204guy, 65 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,600
Posts18,492,235
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.