Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DMc
I think I'm the only Frog on the Fire....

44-14

2-0

All right. Good deal. I couldn't find them on dish.

Looks like they are now facing about the toughest schedule there is for the rest of the season.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/11/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by milespatton
Read this whole thread, and unless I missed it, no mention of Arkansas. miles
They look pretty good this year.

I thought SCs first onside kick down 11 with dam near 7 minutes to go was waaaaay premature.......

I guess that's why their coach doesn't make $11.5mil a year...

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I might be the only Red Raider on the forum. They look like they might have some guys this year.

I was happy to see UT and TAMU go down.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The Sun Belt Conference made a good showing yesterday.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
A&M can talk the talk but not walk the walk. Why are we paying a coach 9 million dollars to lose games. He ought to return a million for every game lost.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alabama is looking vulnerable.

Texas is underated. Hope Ewers is ok and gets back to playing. Did Alabama target him? Compare to Joe Burrough transfering from OSU to LSU. Lots of upside potential if he can stay healthy.

Georgia beat a high school jr varsity team. Samford? Woohoo, go doggies.

Ohio State beat Arkansas State. At least they are both State schools? Seriously.

Clemson beat a high school jr varsity team. Furman? No respect desrved for such a weak schedule.

God Bless America
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Clemson beat a high school jr varsity team. Furman? No respect desrved for such a weak schedule.

Everybody schedules two or three cupcakes every year. For example, Alabama has Utah State, Louisiana-Monroe and Austin Peay this year.

Cupcake games keep college football alive for schools below the elite level. Their share of a game played in a 100,000 seat stadium supports the athletic budget for the whole school.

The trick, as Notre Dame and Texas A&M learned the hard way, is to obey the First Commandment of College Football:

Thou Shalt Not Lose to Thy Cupcakes

What makes Clemson's schedule weak is not a couple of cupcakes, but the weakness of the ACC overall. With former powerhouses like Miami and Florida State being weak the past few years, they don't face many regular season challenges. Notre Dame isn't looking to slick this year either.

Last edited by natman; 09/11/22.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Hanging my head in shame here.

Georgia Southern fan here. We've been fighting with those dang hillbillies since the 1980's. Let me tell you, they have one of the most solid, consistently excellent football programs at any level and they are better than they have ever been right now. They are not a "cupcake" and they ain't nobody's homecoming bitch. The rest of the world is finding out.

I don't care who you are, if you ain't ready for a war and possibly toting home an L don't play them.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
trying to soak up this Kentucky win. I stayed up past midnight watching the SEC Final show and Sportscenter just to see highlights.

Of course, Texas A&M , along with Notre Dame schitting the bed got all the headlines but it was still worth it to catch the little blurb.

We might be ranked in the top 10 today, I'm not sure I can remember that happening before

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SRPI89
I might be the only Red Raider on the forum.

Nah. JGRaider chimed in on this very thread.

Originally Posted by cowboy77845
A&M can talk the talk but not walk the walk. Why are we paying a coach 9 million dollars to lose games. He ought to return a million for every game lost.

The contract extension for Jimbo was insane. Think his buyout is around 90 million give or take a few right now.

Jimbo Fisher's new buyout is the largest in college football history – USA Today

Jimbo Fisher's new buyout is the largest in college football history – and it's not close
Tom Schad and Steve Berkowitz, USA TODAY, Oct 15, 2021

Three days before the start of Texas A&M's football season, the school announced a contract extension for coach Jimbo Fisher.

But perhaps the most notable part of the deal went unsaid.

By tacking on four fully-guaranteed years to Fisher's already massive contract, Texas A&M immediately doubled the size of his buyout clause – which, according to USA TODAY Sports research, is the largest in the history of college football.

Fisher, 56, is making $7.5 million this year and would be owed about $95.6 million if he is fired without cause on Dec. 1. Prior to the extension, he would've been due $45.6 million.

No coach besides Fisher has ever had a buyout north of $50 million.

"Providing the appropriate amount of stability and continuity during this important time is critical as we support our football program at the highest level," Aggies athletic director Ross Bjork said in a news release announcing Fisher's extension.

USA TODAY Sports has been compiling and analyzing football coaching salaries on an annual basis since 2006. It began calculating the exact buyout figures for every public-school coach in the Football Bowl Subdivision in 2017.

The rapid expansion of buyout clauses in recent years has come as no surprise, as it largely mirrors the increase in salaries. But it illustrates one of the key ways in which coaches are negotiating both financial security and job flexibility into their contracts.

According to USA TODAY Sports research, more than two-thirds of public-school coaches in the Power Five would be owed an eight-figure buyout if they are fired on Dec. 1. Twelve coaches – including one at a Group of Five school – would be due $20 million or more.

Some schools negotiate a settlement package with a fired coach that cuts the buyout. And some deals require coaches to look for a new job, with the income from such employment offsetting the amount owed. But many, including Fisher's, do not.

His contract also has an added perk: Flexibility. While Fisher would be owed $95 million if Texas A&M fired him without cause, he could leave to take another job and not owe the school a dime. The three other coaches who have buyouts of more than $30 million this year – Clemson's Dabo Swinney, Alabama's Nick Saban and Ohio State's Ryan Day – all have similar wiggle room in their deals, as well.

Texas A&M, of course, is sitting at 4-2 after knocking off No. 1 Alabama last weekend, making it highly unlikely that the school would look to fire Fisher. But his buyout clause likely provides an extra layer of security. It will not drop below $50 million until 2027.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SRPI89
I might be the only Red Raider on the forum. They look like they might have some guys this year.

I was happy to see UT and TAMU go down.

Nope. JGRaider is a huge T-Tech fan and alumnus
I think he played baseball for them before going on to play MLB.

I always pull for the Red Raiders unless they are playing TAMU.
Nearly all of my family are Tech Alumni, except for me, the lone Aggie. 🤠

And, of course, it’s always good to see the T-Sips go down. Only time I pull for them is if they’re playing Oklahoma, ND, or The Suckeyes. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Whew...Roll Tide!

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cowboy77845

I’ve been dissatisfied with Jimbo Fisher ever since he came to College Station.
His only accomplishment there, as far as I’m concerned, was beating Alabama last year. And evidently that was a fluke. Otherwise, he’s been mediocre at best.
Evidently, as another poster mentioned yesterday, he can’t win without Jamison Winston to carry his dumbass. 🤪

IMO, we should have kept our former Offensive Coordinator Kliff Kingsbury, who’s now the Head Coach of the Arizona Cardinals. 😳😬🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
Read this whole thread, and unless I missed it, no mention of Arkansas. miles

The Razorbacks look to be pretty good this year, IMO.
Hope they have a great season.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Appalachia state ring a bell ????

Probably not as much as Middle Tennessee State does for you. Plus, 15 years fade into distant memory.

We’ll see you and Melvin on Oct 29. Can’t wait.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Nebraska just fired Scott Frost.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by Squidge; 09/11/22.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

They gonna bring back Tom Osborne ??? He’s only 85. 🤪🤪😬

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

St.Tom? Rehabilitator of wayward boys? How about the Pelini boys for character and improved relations with boosters' daughters?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

St.Tom? Rehabilitator of wayward boys? How about the Pelini boys for character and improved relations with boosters' daughters?

LOL. Never could stand that ole bastard.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1eyedmule, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 3,356 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,378
Posts18,469,505
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.