H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Houston_2
and inflation running in double digits.

WAPO

Yeah,...and 80% of the worlds population is in the process of delinking from the American dollar,...even the Middle East.

*When* (not if) the OPEC nations throw the Petro dollar agreement in the trash can, you're going to be paying $20 (American) for a Big Mac.

That's what all of your "GO TEAM" bullshit is going to get you.

America seized $300 billion in American dollars from Russia during this latest Bolshevik fiasco.

You know what happens when America demonstrates that it can seize American dollars from foreign entities to enforce a foreign policy initiative?

I'll tell you. The world loses confidence in American dollars.

The only thing that makes American dollars valuable is the fact that they're considered a dependable store of wealth by the world. Once the American government demonstrates that the world can't depend on keeping them, the America dollar loses the world's confidence and consequently, it loses value.

,...and that's why 80% of the world is working to construct a medium of exchange that doesn't include the American dollar.

But fug all that,...."GO TEAM!!!"

You’re batting 1000 on being wrong on what you post.

I’ll go with your present average on your prognostications as it pertains your latest one here.

But in the interest of fairness I’ll certainly point out when you’re right.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

WAPO

Yeah,...and 80% of the worlds population is in the process of delinking from the American dollar,...even the Middle East.

*When* (not if) the OPEC nations throw the Petro dollar agreement in the trash can, you're going to be paying $20 (American) for a Big Mac.

America seized $300 billion in American dollars from Russia during this latest Bolshevik fiasco.

You know what happens when America demonstrates that it can seize American dollars from foreign entities to enforce a foreign policy initiative?

The only thing that makes American dollars valuable is the fact that they're considered a dependable store of wealth by the world. Once the American government demonstrates that the world can't depend on keeping them, the America dollar loses the world's confidence and consequently, it loses value.

,...and that's why 80% of the world is working to construct a medium of exchange that doesn't include the American dollar.

I’ll go with your present average on your prognostications as it pertains your latest one here.

But in the interest of fairness I’ll certainly point out when you’re right.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Let's all bail on this thread till Johnny Vicariously comes back

Toot Toot ain't got a pic of his " Fish Camp" anyways.

Without Johnny Vicariously posting.
Or a Toot Toot " Fish Camp" pic..

This thread kinda sucks.

👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Z
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
or not.

https://sonar21.com/understanding-planning-orders-and-troop-movements-in-ukraine/

Understanding Planning, Orders and Troop Movements in Ukraine

10 September 2022 by Larry Johnson 186 Comments

PATTON, the movie, was a masterpiece of entertainment. It is not historically accurate on many points and that is a problem with respect to Ukraine. What? I suspect some of you believe I have really crossed over to crazy land, but hear me out. Remember that scene when the Germans launched the Battle of the Bulge in December 1944 and Patton saved the day by “immediately” diverting his Army 90 degrees to head north and rescue the beleaguered paratroopers of the 101st and 82nd airborne regiments (note, the paratroopers insisted they did not need to be rescued, but that’s another story for another day)?

That cinema account of how Patton planned and shifted the axis of attack of his troops is presented as something hastily put together. The German offensive started on 16 December and Patton met with Eisenhower on the 19th of December and received orders to relieve Bastogne. Patton’s troops moved out on the 22nd of December and reached Bastogne on the 26th. What the movie account fails to convey is that the planning for moving his Army north began on December 9, ten days before the emergency conference with Eisenhower.

Patton’s J-2 (i.e., his intel chief) briefed the following on 9 December:

By the end of October four panzer divisions had been identified refitting near Paderborn, far north of the Third Army’s left boundary.
By November 10 the Germans had pulled five more panzer divisions out of the line.
Of the fifteen panzer divisions in the west, only five remained in contact in mid-November.
Starting November 17, aerial reconnaissance detected huge German rail movements to the north of the Third Army’s projected zone of advance—226 trains on November 18 alone.
By November 23 Koch had identified the newly established Sixth Panzer Army, including five of its reconstituted panzer divisions.
On December 2 the U.S. Seventh Army, to the south of Third Army, reported that the formidable Panzer Lehr Division was out of the line.
By December 7 the Germans were holding at least thirteen divisions in reserve.
(I encourage you to read the whole article about the real story of Patton’s rescue effort at the link above.)

So why is this important? The process any first world army (e.g., United States, Russia, Ukraine) follows in moving troops and equipment from one point to a distant location follows a well-defined planning process.

The planning process Patton followed is similar to what the U.S. military uses today. The current system is known as the Joint Operation Planning and Execution System aka JOPES. I have been involved in scripting and executing over 240 crisis response exercises. I worked for 23 years for the man who wrote JOPES, so I have some insight to the process. He beat it into me. It starts with an Alert Order (e.g. Be Prepared to Act) usually followed Warning Order (e.g., Houston we have a specific problem, tell us how you plan to solve it). The military command that receives the warning order immediately tasks it staff to prepare Courses of Action aka COAs.

Those COAs are then sent back via a written message laying out what forces would be used, what resources (i.e., air support, artillery, vehicles, medical, etc.) are required to carry out the COA. The COA for organizing and deploying a Special Operations unit is much easier and less time consuming than that required to organize and deploy battalions and regiments of soldiers.

Once the COA is approved the relevant military units receive a Deployment Order. It means what it says. The military units identified for action start moving via train, truck or plane. Depends on the operation. But they are moving into place and do not initiate action until they commanders receive an Execution Order.

Since the United States and NATO are involved directly with Ukraine’s military planning, I am certain they followed the JOPES process. That means the planning for the Kharkov offensive probably started the first of September, perhaps even earlier, i.e. July or August. Assembling and moving the men and equipment to deployment points took some time. It was not done overnight.

I am not familiar with the Russian planning system, but I am pretty sure the Russians follow a similar procedure to JOPES. It is important to understand this with reference to the offensive taking place around Kharkov. The Russian forces started moving into the area on Thursday, 8 September. And we are talking about hundreds of trucks, tanks, towed artillery and troops.

So, was Russia caught by surprise? No. They had at least one week’s warning of the impending Ukrainian attack. If you want to believe that Russia’s intelligence service is incompetent or was deceived in this operation, enjoy the fantasy. The Russian planners had a couple of choices. They could have moved their forces into position earlier but that would have tipped off the Ukrainians and west that the planned offensive was compromised.

Alternatively, the Russian planners may have decided to mask their movements and made choices about which villages and cities to defend and which to abandon. If Russia had moved preemptively to reinforce Izyum that would have raised warning flags for the Ukrainian and NATO planners.

I agree with Andrei Martyanov’s take–the Russians knew it was coming and chose to let the Ukrainians flood the zone in order to eventually hit the Ukrainian forces with a massive counter attack. The Ukrainians are no longer in fortified defensive positions and their lines of communication to support the forward troops are now defined precisely. The Ukrainian attack has not destroyed nor disrupted Russia’s air, artillery, rocket and missile assets. Attacking the Ukrainian units is an easier task, not more difficult.

I am not privy to the Russian plan. But what I do know is that the planning process required to deploy the troops and equipment moving into Kharkov was not a panicked response. Hollywood can create the illusion of rapid movement of military troops, but the real world requires alerting units, making sure they are properly supplied and then undertaking the logistic task of moving those units into combat. This means the planning was deliberate, not a crisis response.

The same author a week ago was claiming the Kharkiv offensive was a bust for Ukraine but oh my how a week changes his opinion.

Now it 's some kind of Orc play to burden down Ukraine with all the captured equipment and the Orcs will sweep for the win.

Originally Posted by Larry Johnson
The Ukrainian offensive near Kherson in the south and Kharkiv in the north is failing. That explains why Ukrainian President Zelensky imposed restrictions the other day on what news western correspondents could report from the front. In fact, many of these reporters were pulled from the front lines. Do you think Ukraine would do that if they were pounding the hell out of the Russians and forcing the Russians to retreat? No. The west would be flooded with videos of triumphant Ukrainian troops celebrating victory.

Gotta say David I am a bit sceptical but hey time will tell. wink

Meanwhile:

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like velocitiers!

But I apologize I don’t buy there is a booger man, and the Russian Army is Muhammad Ali like playing rope a dope. Waiting to pounce!

I think it is ( Russian armed forces) corrupt and inept.

I also think our efforts to help Ukraine are working and like it or not Russia is not winning.

But everyone has an opinion……

Heck a towel being hurled was predicted a while back.

Last edited by Angus1895; 09/12/22.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

WAPO

Most coherent post thus far, and most likely (sadly) to “age well”.

If you’re living in an urban area with no contingency plan, Godspeed.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Tard"

Such a useful and flexible word, can be used for so many things......

Uketards
Covetards
Demtards
Libtards
Fuqktards

The possibilities are endless!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Angus1895
I like velocitiers!

But I apologize I don’t buy there is a booger man, and the Russian Army is Muhammad Ali like playing rope a dope. Waiting to pounce!

I think it is horrendously corrupt and inept.

I also think our efforts to help Ukraine are working and like it or not Russia is not winning.

If you think Russia’s military is inept, what does that make our military?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You been searching for the accutips on that little break Johnny V.
And Clarksville guns and archery addy too.
Saaaaaaaweet....

Soon as I get em.
That ugly review will be gone.
Did you get the order in soon enough for overnight air or did ya have to do 2nd day air???

🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🤗🤗🤗👍👍👍

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think our military is learning a lot from Ukraine.

I hope we are getting better/stronger and safer.

Thanks

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I like velocitiers!

I think it is ( Russian armed forces) corrupt and inept.

Mules always know. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by renegade50
Let's all bail on this thread till Johnny Vicariously comes back

poof keeps tryina bump his thread.

LOL

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I like velocitiers!

I think it is horrendously corrupt and inept.

If you think Russia’s military is inept, what does that make our military?

See his avatar

WAPO

But you agree with the NYT, WAPO, and MSNBC so there’s that…

Bristoe nailed it just like he nailed you when he called you out for trolling.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Old Houston likes getting nailed.

-John Buns

Page 21 of 47 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1234, 55 invisible), 3,158 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,665
Posts18,534,104
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.