Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
....do bank and CC companies get itemized records?

Your receipt from the store is itemized and the unique number to that receipt is tied to the unique number of your credit card transaction. All tied up in a neat gift.
RB

GB1

F
fburgtx Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
no idea how it works...

do bank and CC companies get itemized records?

or a $500 charge from Joe's gun shop?

The article says that guns/ammo will receive a certain numeric “identifier” that identifies them as such. At that point, it’ll be easy to know who is buying guns/ammo, rather than just general items or “sporting goods”, etc.

It’d be like alcohol having a special identifier, so that they’d k ow you were buying alcohol, rather than just “groceries” at the supermarket...

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Looks like the credit card companies are devising a plan to track gun/ammo purchases....

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/09...-to-track-sales-of-guns-and-ammo-n495512

Gun purchases aside, the sooner you can kick the debt (read that as money you pay back later, not debt like a checking acct card) card the better. Buy things with money you have now, not with money you have tomorrow.

But yeah. Electronic paper trails will certainly be part of the greasy reset scheme.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Been listening to Dave Ramsey have we? There are reasons to use a credit card that have nothing to do with debt. Purchase protection is one. Free insurance on a rental cars is another. Not unnecessarily tying up funds on a hotel reservation because you used a debit card is a third. Yeah, a lot of people misuse them and are stupid for doing so.

It’s this end run to prevent you from exercising a Constitutionally guaranteed right that’s unacceptable.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Looks like the credit card companies are devising a plan to track gun/ammo purchases....

The banks are not doing it on their own. It’s being pushed by demented Diane Feinstein and crazy Liiizzy Warren.

A group of Democratic lawmakers from the U.S. House and Senate have written to the chief executives of American Express, Mastercard, and Visa, advising the credit card companies to begin monitoring Americans’ gun purchases.

Led by Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Dianne Feinstein, the Democrats’ letter applies pressure to the companies for creation of special categories for guns and ammunition, rather than having them in the “miscellaneous retail stores” category. The credit card companies could then help police “preempt some mass shootings.”

https://mustreadalaska.com/top-demo...ect-gun-purchase-details-for-government/

It’s back door registration.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I think it would be a pretty safe bet that the Democrats are 'off the record' promising credit card companies favorable legislation if they participate or threatening not so favorable if they don't.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've been using cash for guns etc for decades. I don't think I've done it any other way. Even when I buy online from an individual I usually send a money order....

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
First off, there are no illegal gun purchases at stores using credit cards. Second, if the government wanted to know who was buying guns they could go to the FFL and find out. What a waste of time, most legal gun purchases don't end up being used in a crime.

They can't keep illegals out, how are they going to track this?

I wonder what the purchase code for a [bleep] is?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sako76
They can't keep illegals out, how are they going to track this?

Can’t and won’t are not the same thing.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
We got them Now ..

Once they perfect this system we’ll apply it to Voting Ballots and if they do not have the correct Identifying Code those Ballots get thrown Out ..

Embrace Technology Bitches …

Hahaha Hahaha

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
if they don't know who I am by now, they have not done their due diligence.

Sam......

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
"Guns? What guns?- - - - - -I bought machine tools. What I make with them is my business!"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I made a purchase from Brownells for a firearm receiver last week. The credit card company flagged it as fraud, though I’ve purchased from Brownells close to monthly for a decade or more. I had to call in and get my card unlocked and confirm I made the purchase.

I think this is all a “nudge”. If every purchase is going to get your credit card flagged, shut off, and require you to call in to approve it, you’ll use it less, which is their goal.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cash!? You mean that worthless fiat money? Anyone who doesn't deal strictly in gold, silver, or beaver plews is just a puppet of the financial cartels! (Indignation Emoji)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
If you take the Data Science Technology that was used in "2000 Mules", and apply it to credit card transactions that Uncle Sugar undoubtedly has access to, Uncle Sugar already has a pretty good idea of what you purchased, when and where, if you used a card. Cell phone tracking data simply supports the CC location data. No 4473's required...

Years ago during an IT security audit, I saw former residents of Ft. Meade hack multiple commercial computer systems which had best in class security at the time. Never registered a blip ... anywhere. Anyone who still believes in "privacy" in today's digital society is delusional...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I travel for a living. ALL OVER. I literally put more on my credit cards every year than many houses. Credit card companies are not strangers to my broad purchases but Chase has declined 4 gun purchases in the past with no explanation. Literally out of thousands of transactions, those have been the only ones.

Last edited by smallfry; 09/10/22.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
no idea how it works...

do bank and CC companies get itemized records?

or a $500 charge from Joe's gun shop?

The article says that guns/ammo will receive a certain numeric “identifier” that identifies them as such. At that point, it’ll be easy to know who is buying guns/ammo, rather than just general items or “sporting goods”, etc.

It’d be like alcohol having a special identifier, so that they’d k ow you were buying alcohol, rather than just “groceries” at the supermarket...

That is not the way I read it. The article stated that firearms and ammo dealers will receive a special identifier number.

A credit card industry group has approved a plan to track sales of guns and ammo with a new merchant code.

Merchant category codes are made up of four digits and are used across all sorts of industries as a means to classify retailers, while not revealing individual product purchases. Credit card companies currently lump firearm retailers in with other outlets, classifying them as either “5999: Miscellaneous retail stores” or “5941: Sporting Goods Stores.”

With a new code for firearms merchants, potentially suspicious purchasing patterns could be flagged to law enforcement

The transaction number itself will not identify whether you bought a tent, a parka, a case of 9mm ammo, or a Glock at Sportsman's Whse or at Cabelas. It will just show that your money was spent at an FFL.

Of course that does nothing to say that such transactions will not be flagged for further review.

With all the tracking data available at their fingertips today, this is just feel good bull schitt promoted ny idiots.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"She says all the banks will do is file a suspicious activity report at which point it would be up to local or federal law enforcement to act on those reports (she wasn’t very clear about who would be doing the follow up)."

So how does she define "suspicious activity"?

News Flash - Hoodrats don't use a credit card. White suburban folks do though.

The drumbeat started a couple weeks ago. Now this. Why do I feel this was a set-up?

Next up - They will tie it into the "Red Flag" laws they are so enamored with.

Priscilla Sims Brown
CEO - Amalgamated Bank of New York

Attached Images
brown.JPG (38.18 KB, 283 downloads)
Last edited by SupFoo; 09/10/22.
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by funshooter
Private party exchanges in Commyfornia to be a Legal Transfer you still need to go threw an FFL so you are screwed in this State
They know everything they need to know.

How would they know a cash deal was done in CA? Is there anything that says you can't claim it happened in NV or AZ? Legally you don't even have to have a receipt for a cash face to face sale unless you want to. I have sold a lot of items for cash, including firearms, with no paperwork. I have a ledger of the serial numbers of every gun I have owned or sold and I annotate in the ledger when, where and to who a gun was sold simply for the sake if the PoPo ever asks. They never have.

One is only a slave to a state if one allows themselves to be enslaved.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Democunts suck, everything thing they do is designed to fuuuck the general public that actually pays for everything.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

417 members (19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 16,977 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,875
Posts18,538,034
Members74,050
Most Online20,796

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.