Print Thread
Hop To
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Are they outsourcing these things to somewhere that talks funny? Processing them at the Peanut Farm? Maybe the Bush Company? Doing a Friday night desk clearing "round file"? Inquiring minds want to know!

Once again, I got a card saying they had not received Ty's caribou drawing permit report, which I had sent plain mail before that season had even ended. (I sent my moose harvest report Certified - no problem with that one. Yet.)

The reminder card from Fairbanks was dated Oct 10, I received it October 20, due back in Fairbanks on the 25th. Sent it Certified. Dunno if it made it or not.

Couldn't find "on-line" reporting on the web site - truth is I didn't look all that hard, since last year they didn't let you report certain hunts, including one I had. (Now they do.)

Called Soldotna F&G to see what I was doing wrong- very nice lady there found it for me after several minutes of looking for it herself. They could make it easier to find. I spilled my woes on her.

When I told here that about 40% of my non-certified mail harvest cards over the last 30 years had gone astray, she cheerfully replied "That's about right." I about dropped the phone. Only later did I stop to think about it - like - just exactly what did she mean by that? smile She also told me the on-line thingy hadn't been working out very well either, and the thing to do is for hunters to bring the harvest card by the office and they would give a receipt for it, and mail it to Anchorage or wherever for us. They used to not do that.

Then she whipped up another data base on her computer, and Ty's name was not on there as being unresponsive, so apparently the first card I had mailed HAD been received and processed. Maybe. She then filed the report right then and there on her computer (he did not hunt) and is sending me a printed copy.

That sumbitch had otter be filed! One year, I received 5 or 6 reminder cards, one day apart, for a report that I HAD TOO sent in in a timely manner.

So from now on, I am sending in all harvest reports certified, or getting a receipt for it from the local office, and/or filing it on line, especially if the send a confirmation back for it, like they do for licenses and permit applications. Or all of the above.

They are beginning to irk me.

I have to say, the online licensing and permit application process works slick! If they can get the reporting section to work as well, that will be a good thing.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Guess I better get mine in.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've been doing mine and my cousin's online for the past couple of years and haven't had any problems whatsoever.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do it online, you get instant confirmation that it has been received and you'll also get an e-mail which I save until the following year as proof that I filed it. Sometimes the USPS will lose your mail, [bleep] happens.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I fill out the report card, take it into the F&G office in Slowdotna. There the probably nice lady stamps it "Received" with the date and makes a copy for me. No electrons die in the reporting and I will not let the USPS disqualify me from making donations on permit hunts! wink

BTW, another chance coming up soon!
Just looked - winter supplement is online!
'07 - '08 Winter Supplement
las - FYI:
Online Hunt Reporting

Last edited by ironbender; 10/25/07. Reason: link

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Applications can be mailed/submitted starting 1 November.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Apply early, apply often!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have done my reports online and so far no problems, but I do save the email confirmations.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I send mine online & USPS return receipt requested......overkill......yes.....I had the same problem as las for several years......spending a couple extra dollars for RRR took care of the problem before the online was available.

Joe

Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,688 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,296
Posts18,525,824
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.