Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Well, not sure how much I learned but at least no one hammered me. Guess I'll keep doing what I've always done, be safe!

Dick

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
dla, so I take it you think putting a safety on the face of a trigger is a useful feature?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you want another safety, the XD-series has a grip safety on top of the trigger safety. I have them in 9mm, 40S&W, and 10mm, as they fit my hand better than Glock offerings.

Now with even more aplomb
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I bought a Ruger Security 9 for 299.95 and tax at Rural King a while ago,...came with two 15 round magazines. It's obvious that its weight and overall dimensions are intended to mimic that of a Glock 19. It's a very good quality handgun at a reasonable price, although I think the price is now about $360.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
Well, not sure how much I learned but at least no one hammered me. Guess I'll keep doing what I've always done, be safe!

Dick

I used to shoot 1911's exclusively, shoot Glocks mostly now.
Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on your target and there will be no issues, regardless of safety system.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Truth is I mostly shoot revolvers but do carry semi's at times. But from what I read many of the self inflicted shots are from holstering, or trying to holster the gun when the shooter can't quite find his holster & gets a finger in the trigger well, am I correct or not?

Dick

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
"I'm the only one in this room professional enough to safely handle this Glock 40. It's unloaded, so don't worry."

BANG!!

"Shot myself. Hand me that other unloaded gun on the table. Don't worry, it's unloaded."

Crowd shouts, "No, put that gun down!"

grin

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
"I'm the only one in this room professional enough to safely handle this Glock 40. It's unloaded, so don't worry."

BANG!!

"Shot myself. Hand me that other unloaded gun on the table. Don't worry, it's unloaded."

grin

Not an accident.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have heard of a Glock ND while reholstering blamed on one of these...[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

NRA Life Member
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
Truth is I mostly shoot revolvers but do carry semi's at times. But from what I read many of the self inflicted shots are from holstering, or trying to holster the gun when the shooter can't quite find his holster & gets a finger in the trigger well, am I correct or not?

Dick

Probably true, similar examples exist in the revolver world, my father in law being an example.
Plugged himself in the thigh either coming out of or going into the holster during "quick draw" practice back in the 50's.

Rule #3. sometimes referred to as the golden rule.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I bought a Ruger Security 9 for 299.95 and tax at Rural King a while ago,...came with two 15 round magazines. It's obvious that its weight and overall dimensions are intended to mimic that of a Glock 19. It's a very good quality handgun at a reasonable price, although I think the price is now about $360.

🤔He stated "....closest quality pistol to Glock 19..."
Strum & Ruger stopped making SR series pistols a while back. Now they seem to be on a mission to produce least expensive pistols possible. Not sure if true, I heard rumors that their QC team consists of gun buyers?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ironbender
Not an accident.
He shot himself on purpose??

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

BANG!!

grin

Never tire of watching that dumbass DEA Groid plugging himself.

That’s what you get with “Equal Opportunity” hires 😂🤣

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Slavek

Strum & Ruger stopped making SR series pistols a while back. Now they seem to be on a mission to produce least expensive pistols possible. Not sure if true, I heard rumors that their QC team consists of gun buyers?

Who stated that?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Slavek

Who stated that?

Slavek / Maser wouldn’t know Schitt vs Shinola about ANY Guns. He doesn’t own any. His Airsoft collection doesn’t count.

Just another worthless POS Troll.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JPro
If you want another safety, the XD-series has a grip safety on top of the trigger safety. I have them in 9mm, 40S&W, and 10mm, as they fit my hand better than Glock offerings.

I have used them in 9, 40 and 45. Agree on all.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by JPro

I have used them in 9, 40 and 45. Agree on all.

I’ve been looking hard at the XD-M® ELITE 4.5″ OSP™ 10MM
I have to admit it fits my hand better than my Glock 20 in 10mm.

Only thing I didn’t like about it is the Trigger. It’s not near as smooth as my Glock with the Glock 3.5 lb disconnect installed.
But, of course, I’ve put several thousand rounds through it over the years. So the trigger has definitely gotten better with years of use. So probably not a fair comparison to a new gun with no usage to make it smoother.
Are there trigger kits / springs available for the Springfield XD series ?

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/15/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Not an accident.
He shot himself on purpose??

Negligence ...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

BANG!!

grin

Never tire of watching that dumbass DEA Groid plugging himself.

That’s what you get with “Equal Opportunity” hires 😂🤣

This guy in the video was fired by the DEA after this incident. He later sued the DEA claiming he was wrongfully fired because what happened was an accident and not his fault. He also claimed this hurt his reputation and made it impossible for him to get a federal law enforcement job.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I’ve been looking hard at the XD-M® ELITE 4.5″ OSP™ 10MM
I have to admit it fits my hand better than my Glock 20 in 10mm.

Only thing I didn’t like about it is the Trigger. It’s not near as smooth as my Glock with the Glock 3.5 lb disconnect installed.
But, of course, I’ve put several thousand rounds through it over the years. So the trigger has definitely gotten better with years of use. So probably not a fair comparison to a new gun with no usage to make it smoother.
Are there trigger kits / springs available for the Springfield XD series ?

I've been thinking about upgrading the trigger on a couple of mine. Looks like Powder River Precision offers the best trigger, while Apex offers a less expensive and easier to install trigger that's not quite as good. Springer is another name, but I mostly hear the XD fans gravitating toward the PPR models. I'm tempted to try one on my 10mm.

Now with even more aplomb
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 3,158 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,354
Posts18,487,968
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.