Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The character was a vet of the Civil War, on some kind of special forces team. He was a gunman. How does such a man forget that there's a thumb operated ejector rod on his revolver?

The Colt SAA didn't come out until 8 years after the Civil War ended. Not sure exactly when the movie was set but this may have been a new gun to him. Under stress it would have been realistic for someone to choke on something unfamiliar.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I was amazed he managed something like 15 shots out of a six shooter without a reload.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hollyweird morons.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
I was amazed he managed something like 15 shots out of a six shooter without a reload.

I counted a bunch when he was doing that silly fanning crap

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
You guys expect way to much out of Hollywood.

^^^^^This^^^^^

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shootem
At his age it was probly ejectile dysfunction. But he ustacould.

Oh, wait. When that movie was made maybe not. Probly nervous related ejectile dys.

😅🤪🤣😂
LMBO!!!!!!

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Near the end of the final shootout, he's seen ducked behind a water trough trying to shake the spent cases from his Colt Single Action Army. He makes no effort at all to use the ejector, as if he had no idea that's what it was for. What the hell??

Skip to 1:57

I skipped ahead to Annette Bening. Damn fine woman!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Tuco's gun shop scene is about the stupidest fugking thing ever put in cinema.

I still like the movie.

Losers.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Must be the only person who bumps the grip with the heel of my hand to pop empties back. Pluck them right out. Only use the ejector rod
if necessary. It usually isnt.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It’s Hollywood. Just enjoy the movie. I doubt Tom Cruise can fly a fighter jet either.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Must be the only person who bumps the grip with the heel of my hand to pop empties back. Pluck them right out. Only use the ejector rod

Shh. Don't inject your actual experience with SAA's into this conversation. The Fudds gots to flaunt their superiority as gun eggspurts. laugh

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

I'm the same.

Me

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JMR40
The character was a vet of the Civil War, on some kind of special forces team. He was a gunman. How does such a man forget that there's a thumb operated ejector rod on his revolver?

The Colt SAA didn't come out until 8 years after the Civil War ended. Not sure exactly when the movie was set but this may have been a new gun to him.
That's got nothing to do with the point. I'm fully aware of what guns were used in the Civil War, when that war occurred, and when the 1873 revolver was adopted. Your point was that he was so flustered by combat that he forgot an essential function of his personal revolver, which was a SAA. He was portrayed as someone not the least unfamiliar with the stresses of combat, and not likely therefore, to be so flustered as to forget such a thing in the midst of it.

The scene was a screw up, plain and simple, and a ridiculous one at that.

Despite that, still a great Western. Most of them have such BS in them, some more than others and some worse than others.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That's why Schofields were made.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I liked the movie, but the script didn't ring true to me. Duvall's character especially...nobody talked so 'proper' in those days, especially a free range cattle man. The young kid in the movie bugged me as well...his accent.

Costner, Bening and the guy who played the hostile rancher carried the movie in my opinion.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by tedthorn

I counted a bunch when he was doing that silly fanning crap

Ya gotta drill a buncha extra holes in yer cylinder

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Pfft.....Roy and Hoppie could get 20 to 25. I know, I seen 'em.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I liked the movie, but the script didn't ring true to me. Duvall's character especially...nobody talked so 'proper' in those days, especially a free range cattle man. The young kid in the movie bugged me as well...his accent.

Costner, Bening and the guy who played the hostile rancher carried the movie in my opinion.

People talked a lot more proper back then if that is the term you want to use. Contractions weren’t used as much and people were generally much more formal in their speech.

True Grit is a good example of period correct dialogue in both the book and the second movie which more or less exactly follows the book.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JMR40

The Colt SAA didn't come out until 8 years after the Civil War ended. Not sure exactly when the movie was set but this may have been a new gun to him. Under stress it would have been realistic for someone to choke on something unfamiliar.

Civil was handguns didn't have ejectors. At least none that I can think of any. I doubt it was a new gun to him. A non-standard barrel length, too short to be 7.5" and too long for 5.5". Also no front sight. Looks like the barrel was cut a bit after the front sight. 6.5" barrel maybe? At least he didn't shoot the camera person.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've seen combat vets make mistakes on a range. They hadn't been shot either while doing the reload. I guess - it's just a movie but the idea that a "man used to combat wouldn't make a mistake" isn't one I'd necessarily buy. Especially if you think about time elapse since he last had to fire shots in anger and maybe never had to with that particular revolver.

Me

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.