Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Got my first one today, wonderful experience. My bladder wouldn’t empty. The nurse couldn’t get it in, doctor got it right quick. I have to keep it in for a week, give bladder time to relax. My old junkie prostate is twice normal size. My doc says we are gonna have to talk rotor rooter procedure if this doesn’t help me. I’ve been fine until a week ago, crap happens. My PSA number has been high for 30 yrs. I’ve had 3 biopsies and two ultrasound procedures, but no cancer. It is going to be a long time until next Wednesday. I had things to do, it’s getting close to hunting season, was supposed to go to Cozumel Saturday week, not counting on it now. Bow season begins Oct 1, we will see.

Anyone else had this??

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah. Surgery to remove a 30mm mass from my bladder. They took it out the same way I get rid of beer. Afterwards, they send you home with a garden hose because you might get blocked up with remaining tissue trying to pass. Sure could get rid of a couple or four beers right quick afterwards…

Reading some of the other posts reminded about the chemo trips, hospital about a hour away and I went weekly for chemo that they put in there. I’d go in a room and a nurse would come in, cath me and I’d lay there while it did it’s thing, one morning, the gal got it stuck (I had a constriction), and it turned, mid way in, fish hooked. She got it out, but I was damn near in tears. Maybe strike the “damn near” part…

Last edited by OMCHamlin; 09/15/22. Reason: More memories of dick pain…
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Twice, both because of surgeries. Inconvenient, but survivable.

Sam......

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I had one when they took a kidney stone out. I was suppose to remove it in 48 hours. "Just pull it out" they said. Felt like it was hooked to my tonsils.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Two pretty nurses crammed a tube in my dick,,,,[bleep] it hurt.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
hanco;
Good afternoon sir, I hope that other than the catheter install - and I am very, VERY cognizant that's a pretty huge "other than" that life is going okay.

While I've told this one previously here and to a few folks in person, it's a wee bit of an involved story.

For the sake of brevity, the short answer is yes I have and I heartily recommend having it removed by someone who knows what they're doing.

All the best with it and the rest of your fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I fell, I went 60 days with catheter's. One day, I had 4 different people attempt to install one, and several times had 2 people attempting, and not just 1 attempt per person, usually 2 or 3 attempts. Just guessing, but during that time, I probably had a dozen or more installed and no telling at the attempts to get one in.

You've seen the cartoon of the cat hanging from the roof, by its claws...... that's me, every time they showed up with one.

But not being able to piss is a kind of hell that no one should ever have to go thru.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I spent a few days semi-conscious in a trauma center after a motorcycle wreck. Woke up with five broken ribs, a chipped spine, a bunch of external hardware holding my left foot on, a catheter, and road rash all over the place. They removed the cath once I was able to stay awake enough to push the nurse call button and ask for a urinal. It won't hurt my feelings at all if that never becomes necessary again!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Had one when I broke my hip. I was on enough morphine I didn't feel a thing. They took their sweet time before deciding to put one in, though; I filled the first pee bottle and about 3/4 of the second.

Dale

M
MMM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I had one for a surgery, it was removed before emerged from I anesthesia so I did not experience it going in. But the next morning, when I got out of bed to pee for the first time, it burnt like fire, just about went down to my knees. Got slowly better over the next day or so.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's not the insertion that's painful, the removal on the other hand...

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Oldman03
When I fell, I went 60 days with catheter's. One day, I had 4 different people attempt to install one, and several times had 2 people attempting, and not just 1 attempt per person, usually 2 or 3 attempts. Just guessing, but during that time, I probably had a dozen or more installed and no telling at the attempts to get one in.

You've seen the cartoon of the cat hanging from the roof, by its claws...... that's me, every time they showed up with one.

But not being able to piss is a kind of hell that no one should ever have to go thru.

After a week I had to do something, I believe the Flo-max drug I started taking Tuesday before last was helping, but not fast enough. Not being able to pee hurts as bad as getting that thing pushed up inside. I recommend a catheter for everyone like I do a prostate biopsy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a Foley? catheter for a week in the hospital. Had to walk around with a piss bag stand.
After that, they put a camera up my unit to check for bladder cancer. Since I had cancer a couple years prior, it was pretty heavy experience.
Lucky only my pride was ruined. Camera was insane.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
David, sounds like you have officially entered the Golden Years. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I had one for a while after having my prostate removed. I don't miss it.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
David, sounds like you have officially entered the Golden Years. Hasbeen

Looking at the yellow in this bag, I’d say so. Been perfectly healthy for 69 1/2 years, was due for something.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Get better!

Dick issues can really piss someone off! laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
About 15 years ago, I had a prostate procedure through a treatment catheter, outpatient, sedated. Had to wear a drain catheter for a week or so post surgery. Reading horror stories of catheter removal here on 24hours scared the crap out of me. When the nurse popped it out, I could have kissed her. No pain, easy-peezy. Then, I couldn't pee so I drove to the office where they put in another catheter. Again, no big deal in or out eventually. I can say for sure that when you're backed up and can't pee, the discomfort of a catheter is no big deal. Ah, what a relief it is!

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Being able to pee in the bag in public is quite a relief.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Too much dancing.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (10gaugemag, 673, 907brass, 79S, 21 invisible), 1,892 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,481
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.