Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
ya he is a little quick on the trigger , still learning.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The best investment I ever made gun-wise was a CZ 22 Youth Model. It had a short stock and a single shot plug. You can change to a 5 or 10 shot magazine. I raised 4 boys with that gun (oldest now 19, youngest 12 who now shoots his very own 10/22). I still use the CZ for ground squirrels myself. Love it!!

Kevin Haile
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by redmtn
ya he is a little quick on the trigger , still learning.

He does have the game face down though. laugh

Lucky kid....luckier Dad! grin

Gotta love it!! wink

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I started him shooting with a browning pump 22 that my grandfather passed down , dated somewhere in the late 20s or so , told him him he will need to teach his kids also with it one day. [Linked Image]

Last edited by redmtn; 09/19/07.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
of course its not all fun and games , needs to train as well. [Linked Image]

Last edited by redmtn; 09/19/07.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SmokinGun
Thanks for the advice. I had not even thought about the CZ's. I will get on their site and check out the 22s.

Are you the fellow that bought my Marlin 44 mag last year? I got your phone call a few weeks ago but managed to loose your number. PM sent.

S
OP Offline
S
Yes I am. That 44 mag has turned into my favorite gun. I want to get a lever 22 to match it. I know the boys would love to have a gun like Dads. I am torn between the Marlin 22 lever and the CZ 452. I am leaning toward the CZ though.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yes I am. That 44 mag has turned into my favorite gun. I want to get a lever 22 to match it. I know the boys would love to have a gun like Dads. I am torn between the Marlin 22 lever and the CZ 452. I am leaning toward the CZ though.

There is a simple solution to your problem. Buy both. grin They're both great firearms.

Bill

S
OP Offline
S
I have considered that as well, but the wifey will put her foot down. I am not going to even ask.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am torn between the Marlin 22 lever and the CZ 452. I am leaning toward the CZ though.

Hi there SmokinGun

I've taught target shooting to many young shooters over the years. I would point out that young fingers are sometimes not very strong and that a good trigger is very important for youngsters to shoot well and not get frustrated (more important than a good trigger for an adult or older kid).

I've taught a couple of 7 year girls to shoot with the club's Brno/CZ 452's. They shot with a rolled up foam pad to help them hold the fore end up because their little arms were not strong enough to support it, but they still aimed and pulled the trigger themselves.

Very, VERY few leverguns I've shot have very good triggers, and none (of about 15 or 20 leverguns I've used) were as good as the worst CZ 452 trigger I can recall. The few lever gun triggers that are in the 3 lb range have all had lots of creep and overtravel which is just as bad.

The CZ trigger is very likely to be MUCH better than any lever gun (it is really simple!). Futhermore, the CZ trigger can, for 14 bucks including shipping, be improved to real target quality. See Eric Brooks's helpful CZ452 website which also has rings and lots of other great accessories.

Finally, I know I'm being a cheerleader for the 452s, but it is the ONLY gun I've had for more than 3 decades and never felt the urge to trade it for some new gun. Because I've bought and sold enough guns over the years to arm a small country, that should really tell you something! smile

John

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Romanian 1969 trainers would be a good choice too-if you can find one. I thik I paid $69 for mine a few years ago. I bought 3. I stripped the stocks and put on an oil finish. I eded up giving one to my nephew and 1 to one of my old Boy Scout leaders. They are accurate enough and are not overly heavy.

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you can, try and find a CZ 452 to shoot before you decide, if your anywhere near South Bend, IN- your welcome to try mine. I did some serious looking at every 22lr made this spring and finally decided on a 452 trainer, also know as the "special" model, its about $100 less than the walnut LUX's. Its the same 452 action and barrel, set in a beech stock, has some of nicest iron sights you can buy at any price, comes with an adjustable trigger, and they are tack drivers. That young man would be well served for a lifetime with a CZ, they are definately worth every penny and will hold their own with rifles costing considerably more money.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I bought my grandson a CZ452. It is nearly as accurate as my Anschutz and was a real bargain on close out at Gander Mountain.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TrophyHunter
If you can, try and find a CZ 452 to shoot before you decide, if your anywhere near South Bend, IN- your welcome to try mine. I did some serious looking at every 22lr made this spring and finally decided on a 452 trainer, also know as the "special" model, its about $100 less than the walnut LUX's. Its the same 452 action and barrel, set in a beech stock, has some of nicest iron sights you can buy at any price, comes with an adjustable trigger, and they are tack drivers. That young man would be well served for a lifetime with a CZ, they are definately worth every penny and will hold their own with rifles costing considerably more money.

I just bought a CZ 452 Training Rifle like the one described. Originally I was in the market for a Ruger 77/22, but decided, after some discussion with folks on this forum, to go with the CZ. In the limited shooting I've done with it in the last week I'm sure I made the right choice. Very accurate, well made, and the open sights are something else. The Euro-look doesn't hurt. $300 well spent.

Good shooting!

"You cannot miss fast enough to win."-- Ross Seyfried
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (300_savage, 7mm_Loco, 6MMWASP, 6mmbrfan, 9 invisible), 1,741 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,904
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.