Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
This has been discussed here "ad nauseum" and all I can say is that it HAS been tried, the Americans were SOUNDLY beaten each time and the slaughter of nice, soft Yankee kids that would happen would make Vietnam look like Disneyland.

For someone who comes to Canada as often as you do, you certainly don't know much about Canadians, do you? As to our military attitudes, well, the Kaiser and Hitler both made similar assumptions to their sorrow. This is just SUCH BS and the NWP is OURS now and in the future.

Boomers and battle groups, yuppers, we need �m and must get �m as well as more Arctic-trained soldiers and those we HAVE are the best in the world, even the Norwegians are not better. Geezuz, I think you must be swiggin' "Tennessee Mud Water", you sound like 1955 Yank TV.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This has been discussed here "ad nauseum" and all I can say is that it HAS been tried, the Americans were SOUNDLY beaten each time and the slaughter of nice, soft Yankee kids that would happen would make Vietnam look like Disneyland.

The Americans have never tried to invade Canada in modern times.Given the very small numbers and the equipment used by our Canadian military,I don't think that the Americans would have a difficult time taking over western Canada,and it's oil reserves if they chose to.The superior American airpower and technology would quickly turn the tide regardless of the skill our soldiers possess.And with us Canadian citizens not allowed to own military type firearms and equipment,and given our terrain and climate,I doubt that we could be as effective as the Vietnamese were at fighting the Americans.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The climate and terrain would work to our advantage and while there are/would be traitors, collaborators and defeatists here, as everywhere, our British tradition of honour, courage and fighting ability would win through, as it always has.

The USA simply will not practice the genocidal techniques necessary to hold a population captive, even the barbarian Slavs and hideously brutal Asians in and post-WWII did not succeed at subjugation of captive peoples, so, the USA is hardly likely to. Ordinary Americans are NOT particularly keen on slaughtering their neighbours and would NEVER support an invasion of Canada, plus the British and Aussies/Kiwis would rally to us, the finest soldiers in history by actual victories gained.

You DON'T stockpile military weapons, only delusional little "wannabes" do that, in such a scenario, you arm yourself from your enemy, just as the VC and other US enemies have done. Yeah, the "Green Machine" COULD do a lot of damage here, but, the cost of doing so is higher than Americans would tolerate and the reprisals afterward that would be visited on "Canadians" who helped them, or simply refused to fight, would be horrific.

This entire topic is simply ridiculous, the USA DID threaten military force, under the great and vulgar democrat, T.R. Roosevelt, against Canada circa 1903 AND had invasion plans for Canada during much of the 20thC, I would consider this to be in ...modern times...

The FACTS are that Canada needs to disengage from our excessive trade and cultural inter-action with the USA and enlarge our approach to the world at large; this is demonstrated by the "softwood lumber" imbroglio, the refusal by the POTUS to accept our sovereignity over the NWP and the rising economies of other parts of the world.

The Russkies, are a "paper tiger" and it is the CHINESE that we need to deal with as they will dominate the 21stC, due to both Canadian and American big business perfidy and shortsightedness.

Anyway, this REALLY is a stupid topic, too many people in the US and Canada are too close by blood ties, etc., to ever even consider such a thing. The US has enough trouble in various parts of the world to ever want to deal with a bunch of half-frozen Sasquatches like we Canucks.

Of course, if they bring a lot of California "beach bunnies"with them, they are WELCOME to invade!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't understand this friction or even animosity among some here -in either direction; I've always had the concept that we, the US and Canada, were Americans together. Kut don't paint us all with the "ugly American" brush. As always in masses of people there are some who don't know how to behave whether on a personal basis, in government, or in industry, or in a hunting camp. When I'm anywhere outside of my home (house, state, or country)I consider myself a guest and act appropriately as I am sure all civilized folks from Canada or any other country do. I haven't met a Canadien I haven't liked; course I haven't been to the cities much. grin

Canada, you can become our biggest state; or, amongst the howls, better yet, we'll be annexed by you and become your big southern province with a safe borders from the Rio Grande to the Bering Strait. Let's change those gun laws too, tighten up immigration, and throw the secular progressives out of office and set things straight....again.

It's nice to be a dictator. grin

Gdv

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Kut-

Ah, I wouldn't be so quick to categorize the Russians as "paper". Putin is a strong nationalist and his KGB nurturing has instilled in him a yearning for days past. He is consolidating power in Russia (he appoints all govenors now instead of them being elected) and despite that little shy grin he wears he's forming an oil/military coalition with Iran.

That doesn't lessen the growing presence of China but it could be that the USSR "is back" or will be.

gdv

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I don't paint all Yanks with the same brush at all, we have as many traitors, crooks, perverts, criminals and LIBERALS per capita here as you do, believe me!

Now, as to those ...secular progressives..., if you mean Hillary, gawd, the prospect is horrible to contemplate and we also have morally bankrupt people here, jsut like her.

As to ...dictator..., well, I'M going to start with managing the hunting, fishing and other environmental issues properly....and, NO, I don't own two huge mansions and "buy" carbon credits from a company that I OWN, a la Al the Envirovanglist! smile

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The climate and terrain would work to our advantage and while there are/would be traitors, collaborators and defeatists here, as everywhere, our British tradition of honour, courage and fighting ability would win through, as it always has.

If you truly think this to be true your living in fantasy land.
Stupid topic IMO.

The Russkies, are a "paper tiger" and it is the CHINESE that we need to deal with as they will dominate the 21stC, due to both Canadian and American big business perfidy and shortsightedness.

The ChiComs are a problem, but for Canada to ignore the researgance of Russia given Russian intentions in the Arctic would be very foolish.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
For someone who comes to Canada as often as you do, you certainly don't know much about Canadians, do you? As to our military attitudes, well, the Kaiser and Hitler both made similar assumptions to their sorrow. This is just SUCH BS and the NWP is OURS now and in the future.

The USA and "mean Green" might have played a smill bit in both conflicts..

Last edited by BWalker; 10/15/07.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yes, it IS a ...stupid topic..., you raised it and I am not going to continue it. As to fantasies, well, READ a little US history, such as the two volumes I recommended in an earlier post and your foolish attitude might change.

I think that most people here on the Campfire are sick unto death of the whole topic of Canada-USA invasion/subjugation, I certainly am. The whole issue really does not contribute dick to our mutual enjoyment of this wonderful forum and I, for one, would REALLY like to drop it, permanently.

I am concerned, but, not too much so, about the Russkies, the Chicoms DEFINITELY do worry me as they have an awesome potential in terms of manpower. This time in history reminds me of certain disturbing aspects of the late 1920s and the 1930s and this influences my thinking strongly, we need cooperation, no question about that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This entire topic is simply ridiculous, the USA DID threaten military force, under the great and vulgar democrat, T.R. Roosevelt, against Canada circa 1903 AND had invasion plans for Canada during much of the 20thC, I would consider this to be in ...modern times.

In 1903,there were no fighter aircraft,bombers or helicopters,no tanks,no missiles or smart bombs,no satellite mounted cameras or similar technology,so I would hardly call 1903 modern times as far as warfare is concerned.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
They can bring as many Beach Bunnies as they want as long as they are redheads with blue eyes!!!!! Oh yeah, they gotta leave the California politics behind. lol

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
well, as an old canuk i still think it was damn unsporting of you-all to let the first lady shoot at us when we was trying to get the whitehouse burning! hell, we didn't know you built it out of stone! god, enough already!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by skit
well, as an old canuk i still think it was damn unsporting of you-all to let the first lady shoot at us when we was trying to get the whitehouse burning! hell, we didn't know you built it out of stone! god, enough already!

She saved the silverware from you scofflaws! The men were out waiting on the field for a proper fight, and she had to clear out the valuables before you back-door hooligans stole them. smile

Anyway, I can hardly believe I had to read through this whole thing to finally see BWalker bring up the money angle. I have folks on my crew, with violations) who need remote border crossing permits because we work on the N Minn border lakes; in the wilderness area. If you have a violation, you contact the Canukians, give them money, and they might forgive you. Its like its always been. We give them money; they let us do stuff there. A couple of years ago, I thought it was $300. I had heard it was more now, but not sure.

BY the way, God created evolution.

There are many copies.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, if you Americans were planning to invade Canada, I'm afraid you've missed your best chance. We Canadians will now be launching a massive invasion of the US, armed with our 'secret weapon' - a dollar at par! Our first target will be your 'Outlet Shopping Malls'!! Heck, actually that will be our only target. wink

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by deadkenny
Well, if you Americans were planning to invade Canada, I'm afraid you've missed your best chance. We Canadians will now be launching a massive invasion of the US, armed with our 'secret weapon' - a dollar at par! Our first target will be your 'Outlet Shopping Malls'!! Heck, actually that will be our only target. wink

I'm thinking Cabelas might be in my dollar-driven crosshairs lol.
Orvis too, gotta get some new fly gear. Be a heck of a road trip to Manchester VT from Alberta though.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by troutfly
Originally Posted by deadkenny

I'm thinking Cabelas might be in my dollar-driven crosshairs lol.
Orvis too, gotta get some new fly gear. Be a heck of a road trip to Manchester VT from Alberta though.

I wonder how it will be, now that Cabellas bought S.I.R?

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
H
H
I read the first few pages, and the last few pages of this thread.
Too frickin funny!!!

Despite what our rather excitable friend Kute says, you yanks are welcome in my neck of the woods!

Have a good one eh!

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Gents,

I live in Colorado now but in my younger days I emigrated to Canada ...landed immigrant.... and lived in northern BC. I absolutely loved it and have many fond memories. The town I lived only had three "Americans" in it and we had many lively discussions. Canadians were justifiably proud but they had ..... in my opinion.... two great issues.

The first was that the Canadian economy is very closely linked to the US economy. Note that something like 90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border. Many Canadians I met resented this dependence. This has changed somewhat with the recent rises energy prices but outside of the energy business, the dependence is still there.

The second issue was a great tendency to blame the US for all the ills and perceived economic problems in Canada.

I had great fun and many lively animated "discussions" in the bars with proud Canucks full of Molsons.

I always could rev up the discussion by mentioning that the solution to all the problems in BC was to make it the 51st state!

I always had to be careful that I had had less to drink than the Canucks or I would have been in more fight than I could handle!

Great place!

Slim

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I've made several hunting trips to Canada since 9/11, including November of 01, and have absolutely sailed through customs everytime. The biggest problems I've encountered was not my rifles,but overweight baggage. I fly either through Toronto or Montreal as a first stop, and have had great treatment every time. I think the degree of difficulty encountered (assuming paperwork is in order)has more to do with the attitude and proclivities of the custom official you bump into.

I got a wisecrack from a female customs official in Vancouver on my way to Alaska; she asked what I was going to do; I responded I was going bear hunting. She said "I don't like that you're going to shoot OUR(Canadian) bears"...to which I responded,politely, that it was none of her business because I was going to shoot one of OUR (USA) bears.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by bassetman
A guy I work with was just denied entrance into Ontario because he had a drunk driving ticket from seven years ago in the U.S. This all came about after he sent in paper work to bring a deer rifle to hunt with this fall. He found this shocking because he has been there several times in the last couple of years on fishing trips. After spending several hundred dollars and sending in more forms he recieved a nasty email telling him not to contact them again. Is this common?

I have had a drunk driving ticket myself 11 years ago and have been a model citizen ever since. Will I ever be able to hunt or travle in Canada?

thanks,

Dan

You know I gotta say this

RIGHT BACK AT YA

We get stopped from entering U.S. in most cases for charges that were so long ago we dont remember them. And as for all the haha over the last 3 decades about being able to get an outfitter or whatever service in my country when said provider wouldnt look at me cause of weak $, etc, etc. Man I dont wanta see anyone suffer, but a little humility pie wears well about now...Live with the [bleep] laws, low buck and some of what you laughed at us for and see if its funny

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (2500HD, 300_savage, 10gaugemag, AdventureBound, 9 invisible), 4,129 guests, and 699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,810
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.