Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
This morning, I tried to ship a rifle to an FFL and was refused. This is new. And this was Louisiana to Texas.

They told me to go to 1-800-PICKUPS and set up a pick up at my office. Well, I went on line, went thru the motions, doing OK until they asked what was in the package. When I wrote "rifle", red letters came up, "remove that item from your package". I shipped a rifle a few weeks ago from the same UPS site to an FFL, no problems.

Now, with the credit card companies tagging firearms purchases, seems they're circling the wagons on us. Electronic surveillance will now know when you bought a firearm, where you bought it, what you paid and where it was delivered. WAY too much info. Isn't that registration without registration?

So, do I now have to get my FFL to sent a rifle to a buyer's FFL?

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No

Tell them "ballistics generator parts".

I have better luck with USPS, but that's faint praise. They can't ask anything but the "hazardous, chemical, liquid...".

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
DF, I ran into the same problem about a week and half ago. I took it to a shop and had it shipped ffl to ffl, had to pay extra for it, but the gun is gone and I'm not dealing with it anymore. I doubt that I will sell another one online again, until UPS and the USPS change their policies back to what they were.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim270
DF, I ran into the same problem about a week and half ago. I took it to a shop and had it shipped ffl to ffl, had to pay extra for it, but the gun is gone and I'm not dealing with it anymore. I doubt that I will sell another one online again, until UPS and the USPS change their policies back to what they were.

USPS hasn't changed a bit. They don't ask. You don't tell. And, there is no prohibition against shipping taken down long arms to an FFL.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Shipmygun.com

Buy once, cry once.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

All part of the plan; they want to nudge you.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It started around the first of the month. I created a thread on it as I ran into the same issue. I was able to ship mine from the home but got hit with an additional $35 fee for the pick up.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
UPS stores can't accept firearms. You need to go to a UPS company facility to hand it to them to ship or have their company driver pick it up.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by windridge
UPS stores can't accept firearms. You need to go to a UPS company facility to hand it to them to ship or have their company driver pick it up.

I am not certain but I believe this has changed. I went to my usual UPS facility and it was a new company policy. They will pick up at your house but I THINK when I read the policy it said they would only ship FROM an FFL. If you list the items as "golf clubs" that is fine until they are lost or damaged.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by luv2safari
No

I have better luck with USPS, but that's faint praise. They can't ask anything but the "hazardous, chemical, liquid...".

You can mail them anyway you want. Myself I don't want to end up in a graybar hotel sandwiched between Lucus and Jose if ya know what I mean.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No

You can mail them anyway you want. Myself I don't want to end up in a graybar hotel sandwiched between Lucus and Jose if ya know what I mean.

Violating company policy does not earn someone jail time.

Me

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Since it's a firearm do ya think the feds might get involved?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I believe UPS now only accepts firearms and firearms parts from FFL’s who have registered an account with UPS. This was discussed in detail in 160’s earlier thread a few weeks ago.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Since it's a firearm do ya think the feds might get involved?

They might get involved to prosecute whomever stole the gun while in UPS care as that is a violation of federal law.

AFAIK - Federal dictates whom you may or may not ship it to - not that you must use X, Y or Z common carrier.

Guns are machined parts - they are not hazardous materials.

Me

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Violating company policy does not earn someone jail time.[/quote]

Mail them however you want.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Fu ck UPS.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No

That's easy. Mail them to an FFL, manufacturer, or licensed gunsmith and you're fine.

USPS has a "disassembled" or "assembled" wording, I believe, so I take barreled actions out of stocks, barrels out of receivers, or double guns apart. They ship much better that way, anyway. There's less chance of damage.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They don’t have to be disassembled.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have long seen shipping as the weakest link in the gunowning chain, and I am amazed that the enemy has not really tried to attack shipping much before now.

If you can't ship guns or ammo, or it is cost prohibitive to do so, then nobody gets guns or ammo. "Interstate commerce" and all that schidt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
They don’t have to be disassembled.

You're right. They once had that wording, but it must be eliminated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 270cowboy, 57 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.