Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
The SCOTUS decision prior to the elections could stop the Red Wave we all want. It has races that shouldn't be close in statistical ties now.

If not for abortion hysteria here in NV (which has abortion as a right in the State Constitution) the little fat RINO GOP candidate for Governor would be way ahead of Schitzlax. GOP Laxalt would be ahead enough to unseat Cortez-Mastos.

Both of these races are now dead heats, and abortion hysteria is directly to blame. The Demonrats are hammering it, and it's working.

Did you hear about that on the news?

How do you know it's true?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Opinions like the OP are formed by corporate media manipulating mush brains.

Donald Trump was the most pro-life presidential candidate in recent decades and he CRUSHED all contenders. He also CRUSHED Joe ButtFugk Biden.

Anybody that believes otherwise is a flat fugking idiot.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by deflave

Donald Trump was the most pro-life presidential candidate in recent decades and he CRUSHED all contenders. He also CRUSHED Joe ButtFugk Biden.

I’m in this camp.

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by BobMt
Sexual predation on children would be a perfect example. Would you be willing to just stand by and watch it proliferate?

apples to oranges.....bob

Wow.

I don't want to have a pissing match with you...there is too much division already...but, wow.

no need for a pissing match....I will be clear...child predators should be killed.....a woman having an abortion of a unwanted pregnancy is not the same in my eyes....

keep in mind what I think doesnt matter....thats on the woman...thats her decision she has to live and die with ......being a free moral agent has its consequences.....bob

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I'm pro-life, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in exceptions for rape, incest and the health of the mother with certain rational and compassionate constraints. The Republicans and red states are overreaching on this one IMO and deserve to lose some support. Just as Dem's that push issues on the far left deserve to lose support from their Democratic base.

I have a wife and 2 teenage daughters and this issue directly impacts them. My lifelong support/vote for the Republican party isn't unconditional and guaranteed.

Most of us prefer our representatives play closer to the middle of the playing field, not the lunatic fringe of the far left or right. For me, that means fiscally conservative and socially moderate.
There is NOT ONE BILL that outlaws abortions in those cases.

Tyrone,
The Texas law bans all abortion after the detection of cardiac activity (which can be as early as 5- 6 weeks), the only exception is for medical emergencies that may impact the mother. Unless it's hidden somewhere I haven't unearthed, there is no exception for rape or incest after the cardiac activity threshold. Part of the argument is that a rape victim can take a concoction immediately that should prevent a pregnancy from taking hold.

I still think it's an overstep from the original TX requirements that seemed to have a reasonable level of restrictions, including:
- Abortions had to be performed before medically accepted viability of 20 weeks
- Had to be fully informed of all alternatives to abortion.
- waiting period
- consent of spouse
- listen to heartbeat and view sonograms
- strict procedures of how the abortion is performed

IMO, both of our political parties have gravitated too far to the extremes. If we continue to do this, we'll continually be revisiting settled law, while the issues that need resolved go untouched.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Captain

I’m in this camp.

Agreed, they're planning to cheat again and whipping up a bunch of BS so their all ready decided outcome at least seems a tiny bit plausible.

If so many are that dedicated to killing babies then maybe we deserve the terrible leadership we get. It's going to have to get much worse before it gets better. At least the dems can make it much worse quicker than even I imagined. They are deliberately destroying our country so they can build back bulshevik.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 09/16/22.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by Captain

I’m in this camp.

Agreed, they're planning to cheat again and whipping up a bunch of BS so their all ready decided outcome at least seems a tiny bit plausible.

If so many are that dedicated to killing babies then maybe we deserve the terrible leadership we get. It's going to have to get much worse before it gets better. At least the dems can make it much worse quicker than even I imagined. They are deliberately destroying our country so they can build back bulshevik.

Bb

Yep. The left is always planning to cheat again. They won’t even acknowledge that the SCOTUS decision didn’t abolish abortion in their discussions. They need to keep the issue front and center even though in reality good portion of the population has moved on. They need the facade that it is preeminent. They don’t have much else.

Last edited by Captain; 09/16/22.

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Modern polls are nothing more than propaganda to influence voter turnout. Unfortunately a bunch of people have been sucked right into it.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by copperking81
Originally Posted by Squidge
Roevember is coming

A national poll conducted for the Wall Street Journal just before Labor Day indicated the nullification of Roe v. Wade had replaced the economy as the issue most likely to drive voters to the polls. The survey also showed that Democrats have a 20-point edge over the GOP on abortion policy.

A new national Fox News poll also illustrates the power of the support for abortion access/ pro-choice vote and the surge in support for Democratic congressional candidates. Voters indicated that they opposed the high court’s decision to overturn Roe by almost a two-to-one margin. Democrats had a decisive advantage among the many respondents in the survey who indicated that they were deeply concerned about abortion.

lol spooge... you have about as much credibility as jag with all the bullchit linky garbage you post.

So you're saying that Miss Lindsey's proposed 15 week national ban won't have a negative affect in competive House races in Blue states?

Squeegee that’s Strike 3 ..

Of course Ms. Lindsay is trying to Sabotage the
Mid Terms Elections..

There is absolutely no reason for Corn Pone to bring up anything to that Effect..

Thank You Capt. Obvious..

IC B3

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Anybody that got their panties in a twist over that ruling was never going to vote GOP anyway. Not a big deal

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sexual predation on children would be a perfect example. Would you be willing to just stand by and watch it proliferate?

apples to oranges.....bob

Wow.

I don't want to have a pissing match with you...there is too much division already...but, wow.

no need for a pissing match....I will be clear...child predators should be killed.....a woman having an abortion of a unwanted pregnancy is not the same in my eyes....

keep in mind what I think doesnt matter....thats on the woman...thats her decision she has to live and die with ......being a free moral agent has its consequences.....bob

I can understand that but I'd have to not believe that abortion is murder to accept that point of view. I'm talking about the life of another party, and I'm sure you comprehend that. I consider abortion to be the taking of an innocent life.

Then we and consider to Roe v. Wade itself...how can it be acceptable for SCOTUS to INVENT a Constitutional right? That is exactly what SCOTUS did in Roe v. Wade. That undermines the entire concept of even having a constitution to begin with...and down the slippery slope we go [went].

The issue is multi-faceted, and I don't see how a conservative can defend it from any perspective.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Roe hasn't really played a part, at all. States will decide and we move on. Watch the top news stories on the garbage networks - they're not talking about Roe anymore.... what, or more specifically, WHO are they talking about now?

The thing killing the red wave is the dems re-energizing their base over Trump again. Best thing he could do is go away, you'd immediately take away all their ammo. They've got the recipe to beat him, it really isn't difficult to figure this out at all.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by luv2safari
The SCOTUS decision prior to the elections could stop the Red Wave we all want. It has races that shouldn't be close in statistical ties now.

If not for abortion hysteria here in NV (which has abortion as a right in the State Constitution) the little fat RINO GOP candidate for Governor would be way ahead of Schitzlax. GOP Laxalt would be ahead enough to unseat Cortez-Mastos.

Both of these races are now dead heats, and abortion hysteria is directly to blame. The Demonrats are hammering it, and it's working.

Did you hear about that on the news?

How do you know it's true?

I've spoken to the candidates at rallies. I also know local Republican officials. R v W is a political problem, but many here won't admit it.

Believe WTH you want, but get out and support your candidates locally. Be persuasive but not irate.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CoRifleman
Roe hasn't really played a part, at all. States will decide and we move on. Watch the top news stories on the garbage networks - they're not talking about Roe anymore.... what, or more specifically, WHO are they talking about now?

The thing killing the red wave is the dems re-energizing their base over Trump again. Best thing he could do is go away, you'd immediately take away all their ammo. They've got the recipe to beat him, it really isn't difficult to figure this out at all.

That is EXACTLY what the media want s you to believe.

It really isn't difficult to figure this out at all.

Last edited by RiverRider; 09/16/22.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Red wave aside, I'm against killing the unborn for the sake of convenience, but looking at it rationally, it's mostly the lefties who are killing off their progeny.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
RR...I respect your opinion .. belief....I still say this issue lays on the woman's shoulders . I do believe this is something that god will sort out....if there is a god .....right now with the way the world is going he needs to step in ...bob

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by CoRifleman

That is EXACTLY what the media want s you to believe.

It really isn't difficult to figure this out at all.

Uh, ok, so you want 2020 in 2024 again? That'll be a blast. It's not what they want you to believe (edit: well, you're right, it is, but)... it's (also) the outcome that we already saw. Again - Roe has not impacted independent/swing voters NEARLY as much as the negative coverage machine around DJT has.

Can I just save the back and forth about stolen elections and our lord and savior DJT? Trump won't win in 2024. Stolen or not. There will not be riots. It will be business as usual. Rinse. Repeat. He'll turn in to the hillary [bleep] clinton of the republican party where they use his name to rile up their base for the next two decades.

Coming from a guy who voted for him, and would/will do so again without batting an eye.

Last edited by CoRifleman; 09/16/22.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Red wave aside, I'm against killing the unborn for the sake of convenience, but looking at it rationally, it's mostly the lefties who are killing off their progeny.

take the emotions out of it....and thats the truth of the matter....bob

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MAC
Anybody that got their panties in a twist over that ruling was never going to vote GOP anyway. Not a big deal

That's about right.

Probably a bunch of "moderate libertarian" types butt hurt though.

Hell with em.

I am MAGA.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (06hunter59, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 222Sako, 1minute, 70 invisible), 2,634 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,564
Posts18,473,207
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.