Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
I’m being preserved like Lenin.

They way you drink, wouldn't even cost anything......

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m leaving this decision up to those that remain. It won’t matter to me at that point.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Dig for me a really deep hole, pile all my guns,saddles ect around it and let them that show up pick what they want then rake whats left in the hole with me and cover it up. Then plant a mesquite tree on it.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by gnnrsig40
Seems to me that if they just put you in the ground without embalming, without a steel coffin or concrete vault, the same thing would be accomplished. Me, I will be cremated.
Embalming is a creepy practice, so are wakes with an embalmed corpse laying in a box and having people stare at it. Saw both my parents that way and I guarantee it ain't going to happen to me. Throw me in the ground without a box and call it good.
Same deal for me except I would rather be cremated.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Bible indicates that we will arise with transformed bodies. I see that as the same body but transformed into something perfect, like Jesus at the Transfiguration. There's no body so bad off that God can't transform it.
Most certainly there's no warning against cremation. If it destroyed a person's hope for heaven, God would have told us. He wants everyone in heaven and he wouldn't kick a person out because his spouse cremated him.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[quote=mauserand9mm]I'm surprised there's no-one here nominating the Hunter S Thompson method - ashes shot out of cannon.[/quot

A friend had her ashes loaded into some fireworks mortars. A fireworks display was set off at a evening dinner attended by her friends.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I want the cheapest send-off possible.
If it were up to me I would have them lay me out on a couple of old tractor tires and light it up.
But here in Arkansas you can be buried in a pine box so I already have mine built and using it for storage in the shop until I go.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife doesn't like the idea of creamation, I told her it won't matter to me do what you like.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,495 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,327
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.