-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Firestone Destination A/Ts would be my recommendation for overall value, on/off road and longevity.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have been running Falken Wildpeak AT3's now for over 200k on four different trucks with three different drivers. Just put another set on. They are simply the best tires I have ever run.

Have had one flat due to bolt picked up in a parking lot. Never a problem out at the ranch or up in the mountains (Black Hills).

Arcus Venator
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have put General Grabber AT2 or ATX's on every truck, suburban, and 4runner we've owned for the last 15yrs, hope they never stop making them. IMO their twice the tire of Goodyear AT at nearly half the price. Oh, and never had a flat on one yet.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rockchucker
need some new tires on our 2013 chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax. Size 265-60-20" AT E load.

Looked at:
Hercules terra trac
Mitchlin LTX
Cooper AT3
Faulkin wildpeak
Yokohoma geolander
Nexum Roadian
BF Goodrich AT
General grabber
toyo open country

driving will be highway/gravel road/some off road checking fields/and hauling goose neck trailers.

What you guys using and recommand.

Out of the ones that you listed.
General grabber
Toyo open country ATlll… i’ll add,
Nitto ridge grappler
I have experience with all.have them on trucks as we speak, all of them are fantastic tires. I’ve also had Michelin LTX Cooper AT3 BF Goodrich AT… And a few others.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by CRS
Have been running Falken Wildpeak AT3's now for over 200k on four different trucks with three different drivers. Just put another set on. They are simply the best tires I have ever run.

Have had one flat due to bolt picked up in a parking lot. Never a problem out at the ranch or up in the mountains (Black Hills).

I concur

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Another vote for Falken WildPeak, love mine. I like BFG's also, have them on my Bronco. But the WildPeaks outperform

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nitto Exo Grapplers on a diesel pickup. In nearly 300K of diesel pickup driving I've used:

BFG AT KO and KO2
BFG Long-Trail
Goodyear Dura-Trac
Continental Conti-Trac
Nitto Trail Grappler
Nitto Terra Grappler
Nitto Exo Grappler

The Exo's are the best AT tire on slick packed snow/ice I've used. They don't chunk/cut badly on gravel. They're the most stable tire with a load/heavy trailer I've used. I typically use them Fall/Winter and use something less aggressive during the summer as summer is pretty much just pavement boat trailering so I can't say exactly how many miles I get out of them as I don't keep track. I'd guess ~45-50K. I'm not a "run them until they're bare" guy either. I tend to get rid of tires other folks might run for another 7-10K.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son and I both go with the Yokohama Geolander AT GO15. Great tires for highway and off road and have great ice and snow traction. Very quiet on the highway. And they are priced a bit below the other brands like the Toyos, KO2's, and the other highly rated brands . Check the reviews on several sites and see what you think

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I love to recommend Toyo M-55. I have been running them since I bought my first HD 3/4 ton 4X4 in 1985.
My last set lasted through two trucks and over fifteen years. I sold the 96 GMC a year ago with them still on it.
[Linked Image from 1010tires.com]

But, alas, I can not find them to fit 20 inch wheels.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’ve run Goodyear (stock SR/A and stock trail runners), Cooper ATP’s from discount, Kanati trail hogs (a Duratrack knockoff), and two sets of BFG KO2’s. The Goodyears were actually ok, but I wouldn’t rebuy them. The kanati were so horrible I took them off and sold them on Craigslist for a loss. The coopers were fine right up until they got a big bubble that couldn’t be repaired. The BFG’s were the best of the bunch for sure. These were all on a gas or diesel 3/4 ton crew cab.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I will tell you janers something.......like gasoline....todays tires are so much better than they were even 20 years ago....its no comparison.

You just about cant find a BAD tire anymore.

Some are better than others.....but they are all so much better than they were.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I won't ever run Yokohama toes again. Very bad company, won't stand behind their lousy tires. Goodyear was very good to me but i don't think they have a great tire right now. I ran Toyo Open country for 2 sets but they are soft and wear quickly. If i were running a heavy 1 ton i would get the M55s and not look back. For everything else the Wildpeaks wear great and have amazing traction on bad conditions

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I run Nokian on my F350 and will never go back to anything else. Run their studded and summer/off road tires. I also run them on my wife's jeep, studded and summer/off road tires.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CRS

On my second set, see no reason to switch.

Yup.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BFG AT T/A is darned hard to beat.

Every tire in the OP's list is what we consider a "road tire". But the BFG does OK off-road for what it is. The Mrs. has a set on her Yukon that have 36K miles on them and still a whole lot of tread depth. We run them at 40 PSI. The weight of the Duramax will surely shorten the life of any tire you put under it. But the BFG would be my pick of the litter.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I love to recommend Toyo M-55. I have been running them since I bought my first HD 3/4 ton 4X4 in 1985.
My last set lasted through two trucks and over fifteen years. I sold the 96 GMC a year ago with them still on it.
[Linked Image from 1010tires.com]

But, alas, I can not find them to fit 20 inch wheels.

I’ve read nothing but good things about these tires. When my tires are up on my 01 dodge 5.7 i’m going to throw these on.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by KFWA
I have the Coopers on my Tundra and the Toyo on my T100

The Toyo's are quieter, I've have to put alot of effort into getting the Coopers to give me a good ride but they were also cheaper by quite a bit

Goodyear bought Cooper in Feb 2021.

Goodyear is PURE CRAP.

I didn’t know that, thanks for that info. Years ago I had a D lamination on the side wall on two tires on my F250 with a 6.0. Goodyear didn’t stand by their tires. I Fought them tooth and nail they refused to make good on them. That was seven years ago and have yet to buy a Goodyear product. Now I guess I have to put BF goodrich on the list :-) I run them on my Tacoma good tire you just have to rotate often.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Michelin tires last a long, long time. I won’t have anything else!

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska
I run Nokian on my F350 and will never go back to anything else. Run their studded and summer/off road tires. I also run them on my wife's jeep, studded and summer/off road tires.
I have a separate set of studded for my Tacoma, crazy good tire!

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
How are the Toyo M-55 on road noise? My driving is about 70% blacktop and 30% gravel and field stuff?

I appreciate all the feedback and recommendations.

FJB
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10Glocks, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.