GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Some good deals in there for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A of good stuff came out of those auctions.

Managed to get a good one myself.

May the man rest in peace.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Some real nice stuff in there

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The auction service did an excellent job of identifying exactly what you were buying, unlike most.

The hardest part was deciding which ones you wanted/had the money to buy and what were the alternates when someone wanted it more than you did. With that many Savages to pick from you really had to spend the time studying what was there. I picked up some nice .380's that are hard to find and an 800,000 rifle. I had to let a lot go.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I bought 4 22's from 4 auctions in those couple months. I know one was from Johns, maybe two. I always enjoyed talking with John. Somehow we would wind up talking about lawns?

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
What started as a simple Winchester search, turned into lots of research. Discussions were held, auction strategies developed and estimates/plans made. Most went out the window quick. Fun to learn and watch the auctions though. Seemed harder to tell what was John’s and what wasn’t as the series went along. Ended up with 5.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This auction was very painful to my kids college fund, oops I don't have nay kids LOL Nice stuff and i was glad i participated.

Last edited by captjohn; 09/18/22.
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rick99
The auction service did an excellent job of identifying exactly what you were buying, unlike most.

The hardest part was deciding which ones you wanted/had the money to buy and what were the alternates when someone wanted it more than you did. With that many Savages to pick from you really had to spend the time studying what was there. I picked up some nice .380's that are hard to find and an 800,000 rifle. I had to let a lot go.
Agree. So many toys, so few dollars.

I managed a number of pistols and rifles.
The pistols were in John's possession whose pedigrees include Bailey Brower, James Carr, Steven Rettke, Walt Goulet, Daniel Stern, Richard Baker,... basically the founding fathers of Savage pistol collecting.

"Every day above ground is a good day."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I sorely missed not seeing this auction at the time. No idea how or why.

Probably good for the rest of you that I did, I'd just sold a CVO Harley and had some extra hobby cash. smile

He did have some quality stuff, including the Lewis machine gun I had my eye on a few years back. Sold him a number of pistols I duplicated out.

John is missed.

"Too often people do not recognize Opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like Work." Thomas Alva Edison
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Savage1907
I sorely missed not seeing this auction at the time. No idea how or why.

Probably good for the rest of you that I did, I'd just sold a CVO Harley and had some extra hobby cash. smile

He did have some quality stuff, including the Lewis machine gun I had my eye on a few years back. Sold him a number of pistols I duplicated out.

John is missed.

I have an original Lewis machine gun brochure that I recall John being very interested in but for some reason we did not complete a transaction, if you are interested, shoot me a DM and I'd be happy to sell it to you. I haven't looked at it in ages but I recall it was very high condition.

Andrew
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage
... a year ago.

J Wright Sept auction

Prices look good.

A lot of rare and unique guns for sure!! Multiple gun with special order barrel lengths were specifically notable. We will sure miss John and his knowledge.

Andrew

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,153
Posts18,484,265
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.